• MonocledYaoGuai - December 17, 2011 8:24 a.m.

I couldn't disagree more, but oh well, it's your award.
  • Errrrbo - December 17, 2011 8:44 a.m.

So I see GamesRadar is continuing its proud tradition of overrating the hell out of Portal games. Maybe someday they'll realize having funny writing means a game has a good story. Funny how it wasn't even close to being the Reader's Choice.
  • Errrrbo - December 17, 2011 8:45 a.m.

Correction: having funny writing DOESN'T mean a game has a good story.
  • ScaryEric - December 17, 2011 9:15 a.m.

Have you played it? Lots of twists and turns and wraps up alot of shit.
  • Errrrbo - December 17, 2011 9:23 a.m.

I've beaten it. The writing was funny, but the story was shallow. I found it very predictable.
  • MeanwhileGuy - December 17, 2011 9:53 a.m.

Dig a little deeper, you'll find Portal 2's story is a lot more nuanced and has greater depth than most games of the last few years.
  • Errrrbo - December 17, 2011 9:46 p.m.

Dig a little deeper? I beat the entire game. Try again.
  • Moondoggie1157 - December 17, 2011 8:51 a.m.

U mad bro?
  • D0CCON - December 17, 2011 12:32 p.m.

There is no such thing as overrating Portal games.
  • DecoyOctorok - December 17, 2011 6:21 p.m.

I agree to an extent. I'll never fully understand why GR worships Bioshock so much for example. Portal 2 was good but I can't honestly say that I'll be playing through it again. I just want a Half-Life 3 announcement.
  • PBC13 - December 17, 2011 8:52 a.m.

Yay! They quoted me!
  • SonicShadow316 - December 17, 2011 8:54 a.m.

I'm so happy with this!
  • Moondoggie1157 - December 17, 2011 8:55 a.m.

I have to agree with the decision, out of these nominees at least. Portal 2 was probably the best (I haven't played much yet, but so far so good). I was scared Skyrim would grab the reward, I'm really glad the bugs were taken into account. I haven't played the Arkham games yet, but I want to, as soon as I can afford them haha. Personally, I would have to give the award to Shadows of the Damned. Amazing controls, great music, massive boss battles, and above all, it had the balls to try (and succeed) at something new. Good chalice awards this year!
  • Canvas_Of_Flesh - December 17, 2011 1:43 p.m.

Shadows of the Damned is in my number two spot. I loved that game, but it just wasn't as all around perfect as Portal 2.
  • ScaryEric - December 17, 2011 9:12 a.m.

I'm so glad you guys didn't just say skyrim because you didn't want to make a real decision like a bunch of others have/ will!
  • ScaryEric - December 17, 2011 9:14 a.m.

Not that skyrim isn't a great game. I have it and love it. It was the game I looked forward to most this year. And portal
  • PBC13 - December 17, 2011 9:16 a.m.

I have no problem at all with Portal 2 winning this. It may not have been my first choice, but I can absolutely see why it won. For Arkham City and Gears 3 would have come ahead of it, but Portal 2 was one of the very best experiences of the year. No doubt.
  • kit07 - December 17, 2011 9:24 a.m.

i was choked when B:AA beat out UC2 two years ago, but this year I was all prepared for B:AC to take top honours which I would have fully approved of. My vote would have been B:AC but P2 winning is fine by me too. co-op was a blast!
  • Mooshon - December 17, 2011 9:36 a.m.

Portal 2 eh? I own the first one but still can't bring myself to playing it. Must make the effort with them both winning best in show. Dark Souls for me. Never knew I wanted it until I read the reviews. Nothing in years grabbed me like that game. Incredible.
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - December 17, 2011 10:16 a.m.

Tough, tough, tough this year. I think I would have chosen Skyrim, just because there's so much to do in it.