• iamawesome27 - December 16, 2011 9:26 p.m.

Thank you so, so much for not putting Skyrim as GOTY. I was very worried, as it is only my third favorite game of the year, behind Portal 2 and Pokemon. It's a good game, but I don't think it's as amazing as everyone has said.
  • BaraChat - December 16, 2011 10:43 p.m.

That's a strange thing to say. Why would it even bother you if it was first? Would you feel sad or disappointed? It's their choice, not yours. I think it's pretty weird someone would feel worried then relieved by a choice that doesn't have any direct effect on them. Do you really feel the need for someone to agree with you (it's "only" my third favorite game). Well Portal 2 isn't mine (although it is awesome) and I don't give a flying poop it won or not. This is a very mind-boggling approach you have. On Topic, there were so many great games this year (honestly, one of the best years in gaming history) any choice would have been all right with me. So far mine would be Arkham City, but I haven't even finished Zelda, nor have I even slid my copy of Skyrim in my PS3, and there are MANY games of 2011 I haven't even tried yet (Saints Row The Third, Sonics Gen, Rayman, Kirby, Mario 3D, etc). On a year like that, gamers win anyway.
  • bobob101 - December 16, 2011 9:28 p.m.

I knew Skyward Sword wasn't to win, but it has my love all the same.
  • playswithsquirrels - December 16, 2011 9:28 p.m.

I was really hoping Portal 2 would win! Not that it losing to Skyrim or Batman or any other nominee would have mattered...or that Portal 2 winning actually matters to my opinion, but I'm glad the one site I read daily gave it to the game I would give my personal vote to.
  • iamawesome27 - December 16, 2011 9:28 p.m.

Um, you guys put Arkham Asylum instead of Arkham city in the nominee list. This seems like a problem..
  • bobob101 - December 16, 2011 9:29 p.m.

Good spotting
  • GamesRadarMikelReparaz - December 16, 2011 9:42 p.m.

How embarrassing. Thanks for the catch!
  • playswithsquirrels - December 16, 2011 10:12 p.m.

Is it bad that I have to think hard about which is which as I play the game?
  • ninjaemperor - December 16, 2011 9:29 p.m.

Great choice guys! I won't say what won, in case I spoil it for someone, but it really was an excellent game.
  • V22Dreamcast - December 16, 2011 9:30 p.m.

Can't complain...Portal 2 was a fatastic game. Although, I would have chosen Batman: AC. This was just a great year for games and so many deserved to be game of the year.
  • jasoncarter - December 16, 2011 9:36 p.m.

This is one case where just have to completely disagree. I still just don't get why portal 2 is so great. Good yes, great? No. But hey, to each his own.
  • bitchassafriBLAMamericANTISTA - December 16, 2011 9:37 p.m.

beat portal 2 in a week. forgot about it by may. and after all this time still no dlc for consoles come on!
  • playswithsquirrels - December 16, 2011 10:13 p.m.

There is DLC...
  • smashpro1 - December 16, 2011 9:46 p.m.

Saints Row: The Third was fucking robbed!
  • firelegendmush - December 16, 2011 9:49 p.m.

I personally couldn't justify spending $60 on Portal 2 since it ends so quickly. Sure, it may be the greatest 10 hours (roughly) of your life, but then it's over.
  • NotBraze - December 16, 2011 9:59 p.m.

Ok, you guys are making me second guess myself here. I had totally talked myself into calling Arkham City my personal game of the year with Portal 2 as a close second, but I agree with every single one of those gushing words you wrote about Portal 2. Portal 2 was a brilliant game and anyone who argues that it doesn't deserve this has no taste. No I have to face an internal struggle over which is *really* my game of the year.
  • itsgoodtobetheking - December 16, 2011 10:05 p.m.

I think you guys nailed it on the head this year, Congrats
  • shawksta - December 16, 2011 10:23 p.m.

Fair enough, Portal 2 didnt just be a better Portal, but Portal 2 is its own and not even close to calling it a Successor to Portal cause it made its own. Heh, I knew you guys just cant put Batman Down, it IS the best Super Hero game of all time until something else comes up thats not batman and did a better job. Witcher 2? No words can express, it was fantastic. Skyrim and Skyward Sword, Both Excellent games that was worth the 5-6 year wait along with Portal 2. and also praise for the awesome games this year that werent GOTY Nominee's! Gears 3, Uncharted 3, Ghost Trick, Pokemon B/W, those 2 shooters people want to have fanwars against, and all the other awesome games that shook 2011! Now, ONWARD 2012!
  • gondarpwns - December 16, 2011 11:30 p.m.

i cant help but agree, but there should have been some other nominees. Sure they didnt do anything dramatic, but they did provide us for endless hours to waste our time on. Sure its not Skyrim, but i still as content wasting hours on GoW3 MP as anything else
  • sirdilznik - December 16, 2011 11:32 p.m.

Portal 2 is a good choice. It's #2 in my opinion with Super Mario 3D Land being my personal Game of the Year, but since there seems to be some kind of law stating that a handheld title can't be Game of the Year (not a dig against GamesRadar, it's like that everywhere) then Portal 2 does indeed take the crown with The Witcher 2 being the next best game in my opinion.