• Engage183 - July 28, 2011 8:17 p.m.

This package seems ok, but IMO does not cover the full $100 extra i paid for my 3DS. Great for people considering a 3DS now, I highly reccomend it. I just wish Ninty would throw in a free 3DS game or something, even though i know that isn't feasible.
  • sutrebla15 - July 28, 2011 8:15 p.m.

I'll wait and see how the Vita turns out...
  • Engage183 - July 28, 2011 8:11 p.m.

This package is ok, I would honestly prefer my $100 extra i paid for my 3DS back. But what can you do. Still a great handheld in its own right, so i'm not too angry. ...still kinda sucks
  • Andyjoe - July 28, 2011 7:52 p.m.

I've never played Metroid Fusion, so this is a great deal for me. Now I'm hoping they do this with the Wii U so I can get some free GameCube games. ;)
  • Spybreak8 - July 28, 2011 7:37 p.m.

Pffff, not good enough Nintendo, reduce the GAMES' price, not the systems.
  • flautist8807 - July 28, 2011 7:24 p.m.

umm.. Super Mario Advance 3 is Yoshi's Island. I own it and checked.
  • QWERTYCommander - July 28, 2011 6:33 p.m.

I'm pretty sure I know why Nintendo is doing this. The 3DS wasn't selling, so they're doing this to get more units off the shelf, and to compete with the PSV. I'm still thinking of getting a Vita instead, though.
  • Robusken - July 28, 2011 5:29 p.m.

A price drop? This early? By Nintendo?! Jeez something must be going terribly wrong with the 3DS sales. I'm pretty happy about those free games, buuuut I can already tell the 3DS is having a major problem with actual games. Next year better hold some mind blowing things
  • BrunDeign - July 28, 2011 5:18 p.m.

The price drop is an awesome thing for Nintendo. It's going to turn into Wii Vs. PS3 all over again. You want this system for almost a third less of the price of the other system? Or do you want this more expensive system with better hardware specs? Of course with the Wii and PS3 one system cost half of what the other did... Also, being an early adopter, I now get to play one of my favorite GBA games again! For FREE! Along with NINETEEN MORE GAMES!
  • Bawheidbob - July 28, 2011 5:09 p.m.

I think this is first rate by Nintendo, Wish i had bought one at full price myself just to get Fusion and Yoshi's Island. Many people have probably missed those games they are in for a treat.
  • Turboash - July 28, 2011 5:05 p.m.

Hopefully this will push the Vita's price down too.
  • Larinah - July 28, 2011 5:04 p.m.

They're giving away Metroid: Fusion for free to early 3DS adopters? I am officially not angry about the price.
  • BackwaterRifle - July 28, 2011 4:59 p.m.

Yes! I can finally aford a replacement for my broken DS's
  • darron13 - July 28, 2011 4:58 p.m.

Plus Devil Survivor 2 Overclocked came out today I might actually get one now...
  • HeroOfLegend - July 28, 2011 4:55 p.m.

20 free games, one of which is Metroid Fusion...eh, not bad.
  • Z-man427 - July 28, 2011 4:50 p.m.

Nintendo really doesn't owe anyone anything. They put out products, we buy them. There's no extra favor that's necessary. I bought a 3DS on launch and I'm happy with it. So what if the price dropped? I already bought it. As for free games, that's a nice move. I wasn't really a gamer until the N64 so a lot of these retro titles are first plays for me. Win/Win in my book. People who bitch about it, just remember that you're not required to buy anything.
  • BigLandoz - July 28, 2011 4:48 p.m.

When will the Ambassador games be available for free downloads?
  • taterboob - July 28, 2011 4:43 p.m.

I just sold mine yesterday. While it kind of sucks that I just missed this announcement, that means that the 3DS will be good and cheap by the time I repurchase one for RE: Revelations.
  • shadowreaper72 - July 28, 2011 4:32 p.m.

Still dosent do anything for me. Theres still nothing good on the 3DS out or coming on the 3DS that I want to play. (With the excecption of the Pitt game but Im not buying a 3DS just to play one friggen game) Seriously, Nintendo really fucked themselves over with having suck a terrible launch lineup and hardly any games for 3DS owners to look forward to.
  • Defguru7777 - July 28, 2011 4:24 p.m.

This means I may actually buy it now. With Ocarina 3D out and other games like Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario 3D, and Star Fox 64 3D coming out, this is a huge incentive for me.