• sassyg14 - October 3, 2010 10:03 p.m.

$300 is alot of money.... :'o
  • FamousAnonymous - October 1, 2010 2:23 a.m.

Sounds neat, but I think I'll get a PS3 instead.
  • AWBrawler - September 30, 2010 9:46 p.m.

it will be $250 or less. We are getting it months later than Japan, and by that time cost will be down, so that may be why Big N released it in Japan first, so it can be cheaper by the time we get it. and can be $250 or less!! Sounds like something they'd do!
  • AGENTJORRRG - September 30, 2010 6:13 a.m.

YYYAAARRRGG $300!!? maybe in 2030 when it costs the $10 you can get a gameboy for now. I'm not paying enough for a slim 360 and then some for a box of gimmick.
  • TeslaVonMagnus - September 30, 2010 4:12 a.m.

I'm selling my DSi immediately to get a jump start on saving up sufficient funds for this glorious device!
  • QWERTYCommander - September 30, 2010 3:50 a.m.

People who think this is gonna cost $300 in the US are stupid. It's not going to be straight exchange. It's going to be (most likely) $230-$250 in the US. Still a lot, but not $300.
  • Shagnasty - September 30, 2010 3:46 a.m.

Considering the cost of the 3D technology they're using, I bet Nintendo is actually biting the bullet on the initial cost and making up the rest and profit on the software. Seriously, the components gotta put this thing around $450 to make.
  • theworldendswithpoo - September 30, 2010 1:57 a.m.

The price was never a concern for me, to be honest. Unless this thing was going go for 350+, i was going to buy it. The day it comes out. Anyway, it sounds like it'll go for 250 in the states. So excited!
  • xerroz - September 30, 2010 12:35 a.m.

It'll most likely cost $249.99 (ppl are doing 25000 yen = $299 = straight exchange). BUT, if it is $199, nintendo sells 5 million of those bad boys in a month, no doubt.
  • kaizer123 - September 29, 2010 11:29 p.m.

lol you guys know that its actually 199 to 250 bucks? (We dont have the same currency lol
  • SumthingStupid - September 29, 2010 11:17 p.m.

i want it, but more money then i thought it would be, i guess on going to have to cut back on food or something
  • bugcatcherjason - September 29, 2010 10:34 p.m.

I want it FOR FREE.
  • Styrophoamicus - September 29, 2010 9:22 p.m.

Complain about the price all you want; Nintendo knows you'll buy it. Personally I think it's a good price point. This is, after all, the first mainstream glassless 3D system. Imagine how much it would cost if this were in Sony's hands? The PSPGo cost $50 more than the regular PSP and had less features. captcha: porgen that
  • RebornKusabi - September 29, 2010 9:19 p.m.

I've already saved up that money and enough for a game or two by now... so yeah, I was pretty much prepared for this price range. Release date is a little too far into the future for my liking however I can deal with it.
  • FeathersMcgraw - September 29, 2010 9:16 p.m.

300$? That will sell to the mainstream.
  • frozenghost - September 29, 2010 9:15 p.m.

I am probably the only person who does not care about this thing at all.
  • michaelkaramas - September 29, 2010 8:50 p.m.

I may bite by then but still the psp 2 news is getting to me...60fps on a hand held... wow
  • Felixthecat - September 29, 2010 8:43 p.m.

Yeah baby, £190. Just as I expected.
  • Strangleme - September 29, 2010 8:32 p.m.

Yesssss!!! I can't wait to get this in my hands!!
  • MrDuracraft - September 29, 2010 8:09 p.m.

@sutrebla Wow that's a really good deal lol. But OT: Guys calm down! This is obviously just an estimate price.It definitely won't launch at a higher price than the Wii did. It will be $250 max. As Mr. Elston said on Twitter "I realize 25,000 yen is $300, but I can't see NOA releasing 3DS for that price. It's a magic "nuh uh" number for mass market handheld." From the comments, and me, that "nuh uh" is totally correct.