• twishart - September 18, 2009 10:54 p.m.

Who the heck is Tom Goulter, and how does he COMMAND my attention so? Consider this article thoroughly enjoyed, and get this guy writing more!
  • elilupe - September 18, 2009 11:20 p.m.

Awesome article! But in the part about the BElly of The Beast, Cronus swallowed all of his kids except Zeus AND Poseidon, you just said Zeus. Im a geek :)
  • oz997 - September 19, 2009 4:08 p.m.

nice Lost reference
  • lovinmyps3 - September 19, 2009 11:22 p.m.

I love when you guys do articles like this!!! I get to read about games and be able to say I learned something!!
  • FalconMbuster - September 17, 2009 8:42 p.m.

Oy, shut it. Your distracting me from reading the article! Just got to page 4 :O
  • FalconMbuster - September 17, 2009 8:49 p.m.

Aight, finished. I enjoyed it. Sounded a bit like TV Tropes, though. I didn't feel all that enlightened from the article, but I guess that is because I frequent said site.
  • Terro - September 17, 2009 8:49 p.m.

The boon... It exists in every RPG every made...
  • norid - September 17, 2009 9:59 p.m.

that pikachu was awesome
  • GamesRadarTylerNagata - September 17, 2009 10 p.m.

Guys, let's all play nice in the comments. :)
  • Hobojedi - September 17, 2009 11:36 p.m.

Great article. it's like English (history) class, but fun.
  • Doomwaffle - September 18, 2009 12:25 a.m.

See this google search: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=CjR&ei=b9OySurXPJeMtgeyoIjIDg&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=hero%27s+journey+motif&spell=1 This is basically what this is.
  • Koouunn - September 18, 2009 12:26 a.m.

lol who is atlas? spoiler - we have no idea
  • Hinro - September 18, 2009 1:07 a.m.

Atlas was one of the many Titans that came along before the Greek gods. When the Gods came there was an epic battle which the Gods won. For punishment all the Titans where sent to do something for eternity. Atlas's punishment was to hold up the Earth. He has only left that position once and that was when Hercules(Herakles) needed something from him. Atlas was planning on leaving Hercules there but, amazingly, Hercules outsmarted Atlas (I said amazingly because Hercules wasn't that smart and was seen yelling at the sun for being too hot and killing his music teacher because he couldn't play the lyre and, finally killing his family for no apparent reason) and made him rehold the earth. Atlas has been trapped there ever since. That is my Classical History lesson for the day. If ever anyone has a question about Greek, Roman, Egyptian or Norse Mythology feel free to ask
  • NelosAngelos - September 18, 2009 1:12 a.m.

I love mythology and finding the hidden meanings in everything. A very good read, bravo gents.
  • AMayer - September 18, 2009 2:28 a.m.

Increadibly interesting article. And speaking of Dr. Dre... Captcha - Tex detox (detox is the name of Dre's new album.)
  • Samael - September 18, 2009 4:10 a.m.

"Above: Let’s see you tell Qui-Gon Jin/Aslan/Taken to piss off" I think you mean Qui-Gon Jinn/Aslan/Taken/RA'S AL GHUL! But the message is the same. Don't fuck with Liam Nesson. Also, kcuf ajninrebyC.
  • squishysquishy - September 18, 2009 6 a.m.

Come on GR, the entry for "Shadow" was practically begging for a Persona 4 mention, and ye prevailed not. Ah well. Fantastic article anyway. I've always been a fan of pan-cultural archetypes, and its refreshing to see I'm not the only one who can spot them the grand gaming lexicon. Cheers!
  • Conman93 - September 18, 2009 3:43 p.m.

Lol Dark Pikachu. That should totally be a costume for pikachu in the next smash bros
  • noobeater - September 20, 2009 8:30 p.m.

Knows all your moves, but faster. Has all your gear, but better. Remember in Twins, how Danny DeVito was like Arnie without the good bits? You’re Danny DeVito. hahahahahhahahahahhahaha LEGENDARY WORDS
  • solsunforge - September 21, 2009 5:24 a.m.

Cyberninja your annoying. I will follow you to the ends of every single damn article and tell you so. Your the epitomy of a spoiled only child who happens to be slightly retarded and uneducated.