• rxb - January 31, 2013 11:19 a.m.

Good article Hooters. I think you forgot about one thing though........ Magic.
  • shawksta - January 31, 2013 10:29 a.m.

The ball and chain needs to be Smash, it NEEDS to. Great list, theme weapons are ridiculous but are awesome regardless!
  • RandomShadow44 - January 31, 2013 10:26 a.m.

What you described as the handle for the Rumble Rose is not the handle. That is the keychain. The handle is right above that and is far from "chicken wire". Almost all keyblades have a keychain on them. That picture shows the keychain to be a lot more rigid than it usually is, so I suppose I can understand why you would mistake it for a handle. All in all, Keyblades are pretty ludacris though.
  • oryanbelt - January 31, 2013 12:12 p.m.

I think they were referring to the green thorn piece that surrounds the grip for the sword. Kind of hard to swing the sword when you run the chance of pricking yourself on that
  • ObliqueZombie - January 31, 2013 10:16 a.m.

Hilarious article! Also one reason why I like such ludicrous, impractical weapons in my game :P Another one I can think of it the giant jousting rod from Tera. How the hell could that be wielded, let alone used to kill giant monsters--all with one hand, I might add.
  • TheDudeFromNowhere - January 31, 2013 9:41 a.m.

I have always questioned the use of Vanille's rod. I know they were trying to be unique, but seriously, a fishing rod as a weapon..c'mon. And also, Red XIII's weapon choice: clips and combs.
  • Thedigitalg - January 31, 2013 10:12 a.m.

I don't know if it's some sort of bizarre fishing hook; I always thought they were some sort of elasticated flails.
  • GameManiac - January 31, 2013 9:38 a.m.

I still love both keyblades and gunblades regardless.
  • SpartanWolfwood - January 31, 2013 9:06 a.m.

... The ball Waka uses from FFX. Even the sound is like one of the dodgeballs you used back in grade school.
  • Jbo87 - January 31, 2013 4:37 p.m.

Was thinking this exactly. Yes boomerangs are impractical but at least they were intended to cause damage. Stopping for a bit of bombardment mid battle is unlikely to swing things in your favour. Also Waka was a massive twat. Also why didn't they just use Tidus' pissing name in that game? All the other characters become emotionally attached to someone who is never once refered to by name.
  • ohms - February 4, 2013 4:32 p.m.

Because, surprisingly, his name can be changed by the player. It would be funny if the other characters said his name 'Tidus' while the name displayed in the dialogue texts was something else.
  • NightlordKrusnik - January 31, 2013 8:59 a.m.

as much as i love the games, several weapons in Ratchet & Clank, such as the RYNO IV
  • winner2 - January 31, 2013 8:50 a.m.

I don't care what anyone says, that turbo super sledge sounds awesome. And I'd like to give a shout out to demons/dark soups weapons. There's the moonlight great sword and Blind which both are practically "ghost swords" in that they pass through things (at least that's what they say). There's also the dozer axe (a personal favorite), a huge blunt axe 3 times your size. There's artorias' great sword and the penetrator ( I think that's what it's called in demons). Oh and the storm ruler sword. Oh, and the switch axe from monster hunter tri. A sword, an axe, and a discharchable elemental bomb of sorts, all in one.
  • BladedFalcon - January 31, 2013 10:50 a.m.

You forgot to mention Havel's club, which is literally just a massive chunk of rock twice your size. Though to be fair, the game also reflected that in the weight of the weapon, making it extremely unwieldy unless you had a ton of carrying capacity and strenght.
  • winner2 - January 31, 2013 11:04 a.m.

Damn, I forgot about that one indeed. Not much beats wielding a giant dragon's tooth...except using it one handed with a shield made of rock...and wearing rocks at the same time.
  • ABACADA6494 - January 31, 2013 3:20 p.m.

I dunno, i found it to be quite practical when beating things to a pulp.
  • BladedFalcon - January 31, 2013 4:43 p.m.

Sure, but the thing is, would you be actually able to drag it, let alone lift it up in real life? :P
  • ABACADA6494 - February 1, 2013 2:48 p.m.

No, no I would not. Chances are I'd be unable to lift or effectively use half the weapons from that game.
  • BladedFalcon - February 1, 2013 3:16 p.m.

Hence why we believe they'd belong to a list mentioning ludicrously impractical weapons XD
  • Bloodstorm - January 31, 2013 8:49 a.m.

Well, the M-490 Blackstorm it can be argued creates a gravity well using Mass Effect Fields, except Bioware decided to go with 'singularity of infinite mass' int he guns description, which is just nonsense. "Hey guys, I got an idea for a gun that shoots gravity wells" "what is a gravity well?" "You know, a point of intensely increased gravity." "Yeah, don't know about that. How about a gun that shoots black holes!" "Yeah, ef you science!"