• winner2 - January 30, 2012 5:54 a.m.

Ok people, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we've killed every possible idea for a name that makes any amount of sense, I got nothin cause all the good ones are taken... Screw it: "Wii Play"
  • captiandog - January 30, 2012 1:15 a.m.

Like the 64 was named that becuse of it haveing 64 bits, so nintendo 327!
  • captiandog - January 30, 2012 1:03 a.m.

ultra nintendo like super nintendo
  • mothbanquet - January 30, 2012 7:50 a.m.

• Limbo - January 29, 2012 7:38 p.m.

I really think they need to reconsider that controller layout. It really doesn't seem practical for most games not perfectly tailored to it. Imagine playing an FPS on that thing. Unless of course, the console also comes with a not iPad-looking controller.
  • DeathbyFira - January 29, 2012 5:40 p.m.

Who cares!!! we a not trying to write for the New York times its a video game web site for crying out loud. If people don't like the way you write then sucks to be them i say. @jmcgrotty if you got a problem with the way i write and act then good for you but i am not trying to be some perfect prissy smart ass journalist like you are man i am just saying that the wii had potential but because of the lack of 3rd party games and more crappy kiddy games that even my 5 and 3 year old nieces hated that the next console should be more aware of that.
  • ManhattanTheStarr - January 29, 2012 8:11 a.m.

Why not just... the "Super Wii"?
  • jmcgrotty - January 29, 2012 5:14 a.m.

Thank god. I'm getting tired of calling it the Cafe. Though, truth be known, the only chance they have is to change their name to "3rd Party Game Developer"
  • CitizenWolfie - January 28, 2012 9:42 a.m.

Always thought they should distance themselves from the Wii so this is good news. How about changing the whole design as well in case it confuses iPad users?
  • nai1210 - January 28, 2012 4:09 a.m.

Well hopefully they replace the slider's with analouge sticks while there at it,don't get me wrong i like the slider on the 3DS but for a home console i need my analouge sticks.
  • Zageron - January 28, 2012 1:36 a.m.

Just re-release the N64. Get all of the big hit games redeveloped, get new games made for it, use an upgraded console and controller design. (But keep the same look!~) So many people would buy it. .__.
  • RadicalVoodoo - January 27, 2012 8:59 p.m.

Future, Ultra, Console, King, Enertainment, Revolution, System. Or F.U.C.K.E.R.S for short.
  • DaveGoose - January 27, 2012 8:12 p.m.

Nintendo Super Wii 64 Entertainment System
  • majorsuave - January 27, 2012 5:58 p.m.

The 10 seconds headache killed the 3DS. I, and most people I know that tried it feel physically bad within 10 seconds of staring at the 3DS screen. You try it once and ultimately buy an Android phone. I actually am looking forward to the next N console, I really wish for strong 3rd party support as I haven`t really enjoyed titles from N itself in a loooooong time
  • D0CCON - January 27, 2012 7:22 p.m.

I like the 3d effect myself, and when it doesn't do anything for me, I turn it off. I don't need 3D, I just want games with depth that use buttons.
  • Heyexclamationpoint - January 27, 2012 4:13 p.m.

The Nintendo Thing-A-Ma-Jigger
  • DeathbyFira - January 27, 2012 4:04 p.m.

how bout call it "Wii Suck" or "Wii Screwed up" they should just call it something completely different that has nothing to do with the word Wii and for the love of god this time cater games to more hardcore fans and not make a bunch of lousy ass kid and family oriented games that suck
  • ItBurnsWhenIWii - January 27, 2012 4:10 p.m.

Why do I have the feeling your under the age of 18?
  • majorsuave - January 27, 2012 5:59 p.m.

Yeah.. call it the Yuu
  • AuthorityFigure - January 27, 2012 3:42 p.m.

Makes a bit of sense to drop 'Wii' from the title to me.