• Redeater - November 20, 2012 1:09 p.m.

I don't want Samus to talk again....ever. It would also be nice if they scaled back the tits on Samus as well......or just not show them at all.
  • shawksta - November 20, 2012 3:55 p.m.

or just dont show Zero suit samus at all. Keep her in her suit the whole damn game and only show her face through her visor
  • XularusXIII - December 21, 2012 11:13 p.m.

Hell yes!
  • mathieu-rochon - November 21, 2012 10:34 p.m.

The fact that she was talking didn't bothered me so much, but what she was saying on the other hand is completely another story because we weren't able to recognise the personality she had in the others Metroid. If the script is loyal to what she used to be usually, I wont mind to heard Samus talk.
  • XularusXIII - December 21, 2012 10:58 p.m.

Holy crap, are you me?
  • shawksta - November 20, 2012 1:05 p.m.

Its a shame that Metroid Prime 3/Trilogy's controls weren't implemented more, it showed how fanf*ckingtastic shooters can be with Motion. Frankly I hope they do what they did with Pikmin 3 and have different control schemes so we can use the gamepad, Pro, or Wiimote Nunchuck combo. Why not Sakurai? Just let him do what he does best, make a single dev from various good devs and make the next Metroid game and considering Sakurai logic, we can have an amazing Single Player, lots of content and still have enough for online. And considering how well Uprising went on the 3DS, the Wii U should be plenty.
  • slimjim441 - November 20, 2012 12:36 p.m.

I still don't understand why Other M is so hated. It wasn't Super Metroid by any means, but Hunters was easily the worst in the series. I'd love to see Retro return to Metroid and give it another good long run, but at the same time, it'd be nice to see them move on to other franchises like they did with DK.
  • shawksta - November 20, 2012 12:58 p.m.

Hunters is the same initiative as Kid Icarus Uprising, Get over the controls being weird plus Hunters was better known for its multiplayer. Apparently Other M's narrative is what people hate about it, aka "THEY TURNED SAMUS INTO A WHINY BABY, GOD DAMMIT"
  • slimjim441 - November 20, 2012 8:37 p.m.

Other M was nowhere near as bad as everyone made it out to be. The slight disappointment of some reviewers, namely G4 (more than slight; that reviewer was unnecessarily merciless), avalanched into full-blown hatred, like things like this usually go.
  • shawksta - November 20, 2012 9:49 p.m.

I know,the gameplay itself was alright, and boss fights were awesome.
  • slimjim441 - November 20, 2012 11:31 p.m.

The first-person missile launcher was a decent concept, but didn't work the best. And I guess I can see how people may have thought the story telling was a little over done, but I like how it mirrored the idea of the Aliens movies quite well.
  • db1331 - November 20, 2012 12:17 p.m.

Super Metroid 2. In HD. No gimmicky touch or gyro controls. Instant best seller.
  • Redeater - November 20, 2012 1:11 p.m.

I just bought a PS3 last year. It was pretty hilarious playing the Uncharted games in order and watching them go from implementing horrid motion controls in the first game to just give up on them completely by the third.
  • db1331 - November 20, 2012 1:38 p.m.

Haha, I did the same thing. I'm so sick of motion control that I traded in nearly every Wii game I owned, save the Zeldas. I even traded in both Mario Galaxies, even though they are amazing games. I just can't fucking shake my controller any more. I just traded in my Wii copy of Okami and got the HD remake on PS3. It plays so beautifully with the controller that I could cry. I still have to sit through 10 seconds of PS Move warning messages each time I start it, though.
  • mathieu-rochon - November 21, 2012 10:22 p.m.

It would be nice that every 2d metroid game have an hd remake like bionic commando on xbox live arcade but Metroid 2 is the one that need more than the others to have a remake and btw it would be nice if they add some story elements like they did for Metroid zero mission.