• mastersword369 - October 21, 2010 9:48 p.m.

The sad thing is that these media reports influence parents and keep younger games from experiencing the majority of good games.
  • killorabbit - October 21, 2010 9:48 p.m.

Writing a dissertation on this topic atm. Might have to bookmark this article.
  • GammaGames - October 21, 2010 9:45 p.m.

Games like that are a way to take out my frustration (normally i play online games), and if someone kills me, i don't get angry. I just say oh well, good job, and move on. and haha tacoman38!
  • EnragedTortoise1 - October 21, 2010 9:15 p.m.

Lol, media.
  • braydog92 - October 21, 2010 9:13 p.m.

You have to be stupid to think that the entertainment that you surround yourself with (video games, movies, tv, etc.) doesn't effect your thoughts and actions. Common sense, not science.
  • tacoman38 - October 21, 2010 9:13 p.m.

so that explains it. I went to work today with my chainsaw gun and melee'd anyone who got in my path, or disagreed with me. I wasn't sure why I would do that (it was a pain to clean up) but its clear now.
  • nightmare17 - October 21, 2010 8:55 p.m.

These "'eggheads" are too agenda driven. Seeing a photo or watching/playing violence doesn't make people want to kill or commit violent acts. Sure people can get a little ticked for loosing but who doesn't. If anything the people they use for studies have a pre-disposition for violence I.E a really horrid childhood. Whos more likely to commit violent acts Child A. who has good parental guidance where he is showered with love and affection who also plays video games OR Child B. who had very little parental guidance. Has no proper role model and plays video games. At end of the day its the freaking parents fault for not raising a proper child but NOOOOOO not a single person ever wants to admit that they screwed up the upbringing of a child.
  • shadowreaper72 - October 21, 2010 8:47 p.m.

What the fuck. I play games like GTA and GOW all the time and you dont see me running around killing people like some deranged maniac.
  • KingArchie55 - October 21, 2010 8:46 p.m.

awinnerisjew is totally right. Seriously, people. Really, although someone is going to yell at me for this, while yes, video games can be related to a murder, it's almost as if the second one video game is found, all signs point to "OMG HE WAS TOTALLY UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF THIS GAME", what about the environment they live in? No trouble at home? No trouble in work? One video game makes all that not matter? However, a small piece of me says that they might help only .5%, but this aggressive is probably more likely from the world around them.
  • oufour - October 21, 2010 8:33 p.m.

now we wait a week for another study to disprove this study! and the world keeps on spinning.
  • awinnerisjew - October 21, 2010 8:13 p.m.

Nice. Why not save about a million dollars and post a study that says "We didn't learn or find anything new or of value that common sense shouldn't already dictate"?
  • Kapuran - October 21, 2010 8:13 p.m.

You know what causes aggression in /this/ person? These studies which irresponsibly make these claims and the moral grandstanders that preach them, on loop, afterward, thus affecting how the layman sees gaming. Yeah.
  • Felixthecat - October 21, 2010 8:13 p.m.

Bullshit. About a month ago, there was a study that was done that proved that playing violent games lowers stress levels. I have never felt the urge to kill someone, and I've played GTA since I was 5. Videogames do jack shit to your psychology, it's whether you're a moron or not that you'll go out and kill someone. Videogames are just the scapegoat, and it's because they're popular in modern society. I rarely see a young scientist perform these tests. Perhaps it's just that the old men that DO perform them are jaded bastards?