We Recommend

• jmcgrotty - May 17, 2011 10:04 a.m.

Anonymous321 said "Um no homophobic means 'fear of' society has twisted the meaning to apply to anyone who disagrees with homosexuality." Anonymous321, you conveniently ignored the full definition of homophobic: "unreasoning fear of or antipathy toward homosexuals and homosexuality." The main difference? "Antipathy." the definition of that word? "a natural, basic, or habitual repugnance; aversion." So using substitution that we all learned in middle school, homophobic means "unreasoning fear of or a natural, basic, or habitual repugnance towards homosexuals and homosexuality." Hank34 said "Bioware kowtowed to a very tiny, albeit vocal, minority" (my following reply might be hard to follow. I'm sorry. Getting really, really tired and starting to lose concentration) OK,short version by me with little backing data... Hank, first off,I don't think that there was ever any "vocal" pressure put on Bioware by anyone. It was talked about, but no one ever gave a crap either way for the most part. And, I had a long explanation of this next part, but accidentally erased it. But the problem with your comment is that you aren't taking into account the undecided/uncaring. Basically, what you are ultimately asking is, which point of view Bio wants to go with... either "most people don't care if they are in the game, so lets put it in there" or "most people don't care if they aren't in the game, so lets not put it in there". My guess is that ultimately they will say "since so few care if it is or isn't there, we might as well put it in. Will just add another gameplay mechanic." I just don't see them taking the opposite route and saying "since so few care if it is or isn't in there, and that it won't be a major factor in the game if it is in there, we might as well leave it out." God, I did a horrible job explaining myself there.
  • jmcgrotty - May 17, 2011 10:04 a.m.

• jmcgrotty - May 17, 2011 10:02 a.m.

• jameshalsey - May 17, 2011 9:20 a.m.

I'm loving what outrage there is to a completely optional plot point. I think these people are scared that their secret desires to bone a krogan will come out....
  • quincytheodore - May 17, 2011 6:22 a.m.

They say be afraid You're not like the others Futuristic lover Different DNA They don't understand you Your from a whole other world A different dimension You open my eyes And I'm ready to go Lead me into the light Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison Take me, ta-ta-take me Wanna be a victim Ready for abduction ----------- Tell me what's next, alien sex I'ma disrobe you, than I'mma probe you See I abducted you, so I tell ya what to do ----------- Thumbs up if you think this will be great as ME3 demo OST, with Tali. Oh, wait wrong site.
  • nigelnofriends - May 17, 2011 6:02 a.m.

No gay sex in video games please!
  • MrGeppetto - May 17, 2011 5:04 a.m.

@Anonymous321 Your bible says that? Well hey, congratulations. Let us all know when that becomes relevant to the rest of the world. You hold your own beliefs, and the rest of the world will hold their own. Like it or not, many would argue that accepting same-sex relationships is the moral thing to do, once blind religious babbles are taken out of the picture. Keep your religion to yourself. I want nothing of it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
  • Anonymous321 - May 17, 2011 3:50 a.m.

This has ruined the series for me. I guess I won't be getting ME3 after all. Am I homophobic? Um no homophobic means 'fear of' society has twisted the meaning to apply to anyone who disagrees with homosexuality. The Bible calls homosexuality an abomination in the eyes of God. Sex scenes with make-believe species is one thing but this is just flat out wrong on so many levels. Anyway, let the ignorant yell homophobe! Flame shields up (this won't get posted anyway I'm sure).
  • Vitreosity - May 17, 2011 2:54 a.m.

@BellaKazza and Bawheidbob, I hope you're just trying to joke around. That's absolutely disgusting that you're seriously homophobic enough to completely avoid a game because of a completely optional story line that goes against a belief of yours. Get your heads out of your asses and realize that denying this is just going to add to the "madness" you're trying to prevent. Grow up and show some goddamn respect.
  • LanceW - May 17, 2011 2:32 a.m.

This game may just turn me gay
  • ChiChiRocket - May 17, 2011 2:02 a.m.

I suspect that anyone who says that they are outraged about this and will not buy ME3 because of it is far too invested in the story, characters and game as a whole to actually follow through with that threat. That or they have never played the game and are just homophobic. In which case, GTFO.
  • MrsJonMurphy - May 17, 2011 1:35 a.m.

Yeah, I heard they're going to pull a Crying Game with Tali in closing scenes of the game. SURPRISE FANBOYS! But in all seriousness, my opinion of it is why not. If you're going to include lesbian relationships, it's only fair to include gay ones as well. And, to paraphrase George Carlin, there are 2 important buttons that are attached to any entertainment device you have: one that changes the channel and one that turns the device on and off. Hopefully, if you find something truly offensive, you'll know how to use these buttons properly.
  • GamesRadarMatthewKeast - May 17, 2011 1:14 a.m.

I normally don't play Fighter classes in RPGs. If there was an RPG series I loved that didn't have Fighters, but decided to introduce them in a sequel, I wouldn't care because I still wouldn't have to play as them if I didn't want to. I also wouldn't care if my party members were all like "Hey why don't you switch classes and become a fighter?"
  • elchetos - May 17, 2011 1:11 a.m.

oh dear, not again... People, the fact that it's there doesn't mean you have to do it. It's not a plot changer like saving/harvesting the little sisters in bioshock. We all have a point of view on what's right or wrong about the world, but that doesn't give you the right to try to shove those ideals to those who think differently. That goes to both sides. I am a gay male who honestly can't give two peanuts if they let me have sexy m2m sexy-ing (although the idea of being able to get my freak on with Garrus sounds damn good). The fact that bioware is finally recognizing that they have an audience that wants male-male relationships speaks great of them as a company that hears the feedback from their customers. To those who keep giving negative comments about this... No matter how much you close your eyes and tap your ruby slipper heels, wishing us away... We're not going anywhere, so get with the program and deal with it. The only reason gay people tend to be so vocal about things is mostly because people like you being so damn vocal about our sexual preference being an abomination. Keep it to yourself, we'll do the same.
  • TheAsterite - May 17, 2011 12:42 a.m.

How 'bout they give us updates on what they're changing in gameplay or conversation choices? The romancing dialog in the 2 Mass Effects were disjointed to say the least, with people falling for you without you really saying anything.
  • AirickG - May 17, 2011 12:27 a.m.

I think we're all missing the important question here, which is: WHEN THE HELL DO WE GET TO SEE A QUARIAN'S FACE!?
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - May 17, 2011 12:26 a.m.

Don't see why they haven't done this before, since Dragon Age has gay/lesbian relationships. Also, in the future, does AIDS still exist? I hope not.
  • OtterPopAfterbirth - May 17, 2011 12:25 a.m.

wow, all the homophobia in these comments makes me realize how far america..and the world... still has to go. there's a guy on here who equates this alleged political correctness to mind control (query: why is it political correctness to include a feature a lot of people want in a game? isn't that just good game design? ) i'm going to go ahead and (ignorantly but hilariously) attribute all of the homophobia in this comment section to (1) absolute ignorance (ie hardcore religion, being from third world country, etc;.) and/or (2) the homophobes own homosexual tendencies (which are obvious to everyone but yourself, sorry @aletheon) and/or (3) absolutely missing the point of including the possibility of a gay relationship ---it's not the case that no gay relationship = homophobia; it is the case that having the possibility of a gay relationship is progressive, realistic and reasonable given that its a ROLE playing game.
  • dphoenix192 - May 16, 2011 11:52 p.m.

I don't mind their being a gay option, but I hope this does not mean awkward dialogue if you are trying to be straight and it seems like you are trying to come on to every guy.
  • YuGiOhisbetterthanMagic - May 16, 2011 11:46 p.m.

Its Nice that there finally doing this,Im pretty sure that makes Mass Effect 3 the fist game with gaysmex in space.