• GamesRadarCollanderCooper - April 3, 2013 4:14 p.m.

This is what happens in Obama's America
  • bass88 - April 3, 2013 4:59 p.m.

Never took Obama as one with an almighty grudge against a game company.
  • GamesRadarCollanderCooper - April 3, 2013 5:36 p.m.

LucasArts was shut down because of the price of Obamacare
  • bass88 - April 3, 2013 6:55 p.m.

Think of it this way - you can now receive mental health care.
  • GamesRadarCollanderCooper - April 3, 2013 7:38 p.m.

You mean Obama's death panels? No thanks
  • bass88 - April 3, 2013 8:07 p.m.

You think you have a choice about this friend? Not in "Obama's America." Now get over here and sit on this probe.
  • GoldenEagle1476 - April 4, 2013 1:30 p.m.

Yay! A political troll on a video game forum!
  • winner2 - April 3, 2013 3:57 p.m.

Oh my god Greg must have lost his shit.
  • Dante1924 - April 3, 2013 3:57 p.m.

Nice try Disney, but April Fools Day was 2 days ago, you won't get me! Oh... you're actually serious about this. Wow, this is depressing, I was looking forward to 1313.
  • MrXLiebezeit - April 3, 2013 3:09 p.m.

This kind of ruins my hopes of an official remastered version of Grim Fandango. One can only hope though, eh?
  • Swedish_Chef - April 3, 2013 10 p.m.

I know that feel bro. ( ;_;)-( ;_;) God please let the rights of the game manage to make it's way to Double Fine or Telltale.
  • MrXLiebezeit - April 3, 2013 10:14 p.m.

I'd rather double fine, being that Tim Schafer made Grim Fandango. Telltale wouldn't be bad though, at least for a remaster. I'm not a huge fan of their original games, but that's a subjective opinion, I don't really have anything factual against them.
  • Darkhawk - April 3, 2013 1:15 p.m.

Y'know, there's a slight chance this could work. They haven't killed the NAME LucasArts, so I guess it could just become a Publisher that licenses out to other developers. If it's quality stuff - say, a Star Wars game developed by Platinum, published by LucasArts - I wouldn't really complain. But overall, yeah: sad to see the death of one of the most important Developers in gaming history.
  • taokaka - April 3, 2013 6:48 p.m.

I was feeling rather sad but you know just the words to cheer me right up "a Star Wars game developed by Platinum" It has a nice ring to it
  • Swedish_Chef - April 4, 2013 7:35 a.m.

Honestly if Platinum basically took Metal Gear Rising Revengance, added force powers, keep blade mode but changed the swords to lightsabers, changed Jack mode to a special focus or rage mode (depends on whether you play as a hero or villain) and then adjusted active zandatsu so it fits in with Star Wars lore, I would be totally cool with that. "Why Won't You Die?!" "Midichlorians, son!"
  • mbavalo - April 3, 2013 12:53 p.m.

WTF Disney?? >:(
  • Fejerro - April 3, 2013 12:53 p.m.

I wonder if their licensing model is the "Disney Vault," where you can buy a 15-year old game for $35 for a month from them alone, then it goes away for 2 years.
  • Bloodstorm - April 3, 2013 12:47 p.m.

A shame, 1313 was looking promising, but then their other games have looked promising before and failed to deliver. Lucas Arts really hasn't done anything good in quite some time.
  • TurkeyOnRye - April 3, 2013 12:37 p.m.

This makes my inner child sad. Seriously, this is depressing. I'm so glad I hung on to my copies of their old point-and-click adventure games. Man, Sierra and LucasArts used to be so awesome...
  • NOGIRLSIWANNAJETPACK - April 3, 2013 12:26 p.m.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • dden45 - April 3, 2013 12:15 p.m.

LucasArts was a shell of its former '90s self. Look at how many of their good games were already farmed out to other studios (i.e. KOTOR and Battlefront), how many of their former employees have left (i.e. Tim Schafer), and what their last in-house game was (Force Unleashed II). It was the right decision, and I hope that it means we get better quality Lucasfilm based games.
  • Tronto13 - April 3, 2013 12:08 p.m.

This is so disappointing. It's a shame to see such a prolific studio just dropped like this. Thank you LucasArts for, in particular, rouge squadron, monkey islands, grim fandango and the battlefronts.
  • MeanwhileGuy - April 3, 2013 11:59 a.m.

LucasArts have given me hundreds of hours of entertainment over the years. As a teenager I remember playing through games like Rogue Squadron, X-Wing Alliance, Jedi Knight, Monkey Island, Knights of the Old Republic, Battlefront and many, many more. They were one of my favourite publishers (well, back when they released quality games), and it's devastating to see them go. Hopefully Disney will see sense and retain at least some of the employees, namely the guys who were working on 1313, as that game looked like it had a ton of potential, and a massive opportunity to prove that Star Wars games can be good. Goodbye LucasArts, in memory of all the happy hours you gave me, this evening, and most likely the rest of the week, shall be dedicated to a Battlefront II marathon, and another play through of KOTOR.