We Recommend

• Clovin64 - June 29, 2012 2:42 a.m.

I've never seen the The Road, but I've just started reading Cormac McCarthy's novel and one of the reasons I picked it up was in anticipation for The Last of Us. I read an interview with the developers in which the mentioned the book as one of the key inspirations for the game.
  • Tjwoods18 - June 30, 2012 12:11 p.m.

Children of men was FFFIIINN brilliant movie. They should have mad a game from that.
  • Sonattine - July 2, 2012 3:09 a.m.

I would just like to point out that "28 Days Later" is itself arguably a film adaptation of John Wyndham's book "The Day of the Triffids", with zombies in place of extraterrestrial christmas trees : Wake up in hospital, find the world has gone to hell, round up survivors, get help from a military group. But zombies !
  • Shinard - July 2, 2012 11:10 a.m.

You've just described the plot of a whole lot of post apocalyptic films... A bit too tenuous, in my opinion. The blindness and the plants are sort of key to Triffids. Anyway, in the book the Triffids were very much terrestial and the blindness was caused by an unknown source (hinted to be government weapons).
  • GR Alex Roth - July 2, 2012 1:06 p.m.

I wouldn't call it a remake or an adaptation, but they definitely have common story threads. Kind of interesting given that they are both UK productions. I was actually unaware that Triffids was a novel up until writing this piece. It's strange that the blindness would be caused by something other than the plants or the meteor shower. The whole thing with the Triffid invasion is that it would have been rather either to combat if not for them destroying two things we take for granted: sight and social order. May have to check this book out.
  • bebl09 - July 2, 2012 9:10 p.m.

I thought everyone knew Day of the Triffids was a book lol. It's a bit old fashioned but still a great read.