• RonnyLive19881 - December 7, 2013 10:47 a.m.

Look, people pleaded for the same exact thing last generation. Every other month a site would post an article about the fabled Wii HD just as the Wii was set to market. I don't think there was a single E3 in the Wii's life span that didn't have a site "predicting" an announcement of a Wii HD. We never got one, Nintendo and a few brave 3rd party devs provided great software for the system and it won the last console generation in sales and quality games with a land slide. Sure the Wii U is having a rocky start but so did the PS3 (who can forget the" PS3 HAZ NO GAEMS" meme) last gen and look at the great library it has now. I don't think Nintendo and us fans have anything to worry about. Journalists just need to learn to be patient. .. Wii U have a fantastic year and with DKTF topping off 2014 I think things are only going to get better. I have no desire for the PS4 or XBone because they currently HAV NO GAEMS so hopefully after they launch hype more sales with fall into Nintendo's favor.
  • RonnyLive19881 - December 9, 2013 9:36 a.m.

What gets me is everyone is writing off the system as a joke after some truly great games have been made for it. People say it is doomed before it even gets a chance to shine really shine. Everyone sees the bright future, 2014 is going to be a great year! But everyone is just looking passed it all. I'll never understand the workings of Sony/MS fanboys...
  • filipe-alves - December 18, 2013 2:05 p.m.

hipocritical Nintendo fanboy calls out on the workings of other fanboys... interesting Maybe you missed the point? The sales of Wii Us, even with these great many games you say they have are still pathetic. The PS3 as an example is shooting yourself in the foot, because the PS3 was made to be a great console over the entire generation, which it proved to be. You can try and say the Wii was the best because of it's games but it only sold that much based on its gimmick and the fitness games... So take off you fanboy glasses and see things for what they are.
  • CombatWombat101 - December 7, 2013 9:30 a.m.

This was... actually really reasonably-argued. I'm not 100% sure I agree completely, but I can definitely agree that the Wii-U just doesn't really have a place right now.
  • FuzzyBee - December 7, 2013 4:28 a.m.

The way I see it, Nintendo really need to up their advertising of Wii U. It was launched without level of coverage afforded to the XBox One and Playstation 4 and the simple answer is that people just don't know enough about it.
  • tehtimeisnow - December 7, 2013 12:55 a.m.

nitedno cant compete cuz ipohne alredy beat them cuz appel selled like over a billoin already and iphone gameing is the future of all gameing
  • shawksta - December 7, 2013 1:10 a.m.

ITS ITS YOU
  • SveedishFeesh - December 7, 2013 1:31 a.m.

1/10 Made me reply
  • GR_JustinTowell - December 7, 2013 4:48 a.m.

We haven't seen you for ages!
  • RodrigoHLC - December 7, 2013 11:38 a.m.

Oh god yes! I'd been missing tehtimeisnow's comments for ages, I love this guy. And I don't even mean that in the way people say it sarcastically to trolls, I genuinely like seeing this guy comment here, I find it entertaining. I actually consider the idea that he is one of those rare trolls who troll not to piss people off, but to entertain. HONEST TO GOD IDEA: Gamesradar, how 'bout writing an article about tehtimeisnow and his best comments? I'd really love to see that. In a way, he's kind of a part of the Gamesradar "experience" lol (or at least he was when he used to comment more regularly). I'd love to see this happen.
  • LOZ4EVAH - December 6, 2013 11:27 p.m.

C'mon GamesRadar, really? I love this site, but this is just stupid writing. . . Well, I suppose you need views
  • brickman409 - December 6, 2013 11:13 p.m.

I honestly don't think there is anything that is going to save Nintendo's console business from a financial standpoint. People just don't want their consoles anymore. If Nintendo makes a new console twice as powerful as the PS4 and Xbox One, people still wont buy it. Because video game graphics have sort of peaked. There was hardly a jump from this gen to the next and it is going to be even less from next gen to the one after that. Companies can make faster hardware, but when the games already look photo realistic there is not much of a reason to upgrade. Unless of course Nintendo comes up with a super revolutionary idea that makes it stand out. When the Wii first came out, Nintendo had this philosophy that graphics don't make a console, but innovation does. But now Nintendo doesn't have innovation or graphics, all they have is a few really good games. Its enough for me and a few others to buy a Wii U, I love mario 3D world, but its a hard sell for most people.
  • mrclam - December 7, 2013 7:12 p.m.

"I honestly don't think there is anything that is going to save Nintendo's console business from a financial standpoint. " From a financial standpoint - they're the only one of the 3 making money? Remind me never to go into business with you!
  • brickman409 - December 8, 2013 12:42 p.m.

They're not really making money though. Their handhelds are doing good, but the home console is selling terribly. Pretty soon Valve's steam box will be coming out and that will make four, and if history has taught us anything, it's that when there is four consoles, one has to go. It's what happened to Sega when the Xbox came out. If the steam box fails, that could help Nintendo, but really it would just give them more time before the next competitor shows up.
  • mrclam - December 8, 2013 10:01 p.m.

Steambox will then give us 3 consoles which all play the exact same old same old shooty grey games. And how do you know they're not "really making money"? In their 120 odd years as a company - theyve only ever reported a loss once. You can have a massively selling machine - and still make a loss (microsoft), or you can have a low selling product which still generates profits. As for the "handheld doing good" - last time i checked, it was currently the best selling console. And I read somewhere the wii-u outsold the ps4 in the states last week (now the initial rush has died off). None of the 3 consoles xbox/ps/or wii sell as many in their lifetime as an ipad will sell in its first weekend - does that make them all poor sellers?
  • brickman409 - December 9, 2013 11:07 a.m.

Yeah Nintendo could make money even with the Wii u selling less than their competition. They did it with the Gamecube, and they could do it with the Wii U. But the thing is, they're not profitable, like you said they had their first loss in profit in 120 years, and it's all because they mismanaged the Wii U. I don't know exactly what is going on at Nintendo, but from what I've heard is that they're selling each Wii U console at a loss. They're spending more money than they are making. Hopefully things will change, I want to see Nintendo be a success, but for now if things stay the same, I don't see a bright future for Nintendo.
  • mrclam - December 9, 2013 2:58 p.m.

The loss was a few years ago now.. before the wii-u launched and while the 3ds was in a lull.. Compared to the losses msoft make on the xbox - its peanuts. And - wii-u sales seem to be picking up now too - as i say, outsold the ps4 last week in the US.. be interesting to see how it fares against the xbone now the first week peak has gone.
  • IGN_Equals_DogShit - December 6, 2013 11:06 p.m.

look what we have here. another dumbass journalist that thinks graphics solely define a console generation.
  • Relayer71 - December 6, 2013 10:04 p.m.

The WII U is underpowered COMPARED to the newly released systems but what does that matter? It is still a capable system and what matters is the games and Nintendo doesn't disappoint in the quality department. The problem with the Wii U, which has been a problem going back to the N64 is the lack of QUANTITY. The 360 and PS3 libraries are home to many AAA games and each year we've gotten a steady stream of good to very good games. Nintendo's systems were lucky to get a couple of good games each year along with a handful of AAA games. It just doesn't seem like enough to entice gamers. And as lacking as the JRPG genre was on the 360 & PS3 it was even worse on the Wii & Wii U. The Wii U could have done a bit better had it launched with new Zelda and Metroid games. They also need to remove the focus on gimmicks - they could have focused on making the Wii U a little more powerful and ditched the Gamepad idea, though I still stand by my first comment that it's powerful enough. It's all about the games and while Nintendo's exclusive franchises are still great, it's not enough. They could use some fresh new IPs.
  • mrclam - December 7, 2013 1:06 p.m.

"some fresh new IPs. " Gawd.. Whenever nintendo come up, people always bring this old chestnut out. Lets look at microsoft, which is consistently churning out Halo games (for example). You could argue that mario is as bad as that.. But look at the variety and imagination that goes into a 3d mario game - now compare it against the latest shooter - where the only difference is the main character or plot. Would Mario 3D World be a "better" game if it was a different character, or "new IP"? They could replace him with a giant rabbit (for example), it'd be a "new IP", would it be better? On the other consoles there's LOTS of "new IP", but they all look and play the same, with only the story to tell them apart. I think that's why a lot of non-nintendo gamers get confused. They're so used to seeing carbon copy games with only the story/character being different, that when they see a game where the character/story is the same - that they immediately assume (wrongly) that the game itself is the same. Or at least, that's how it seems to me.
  • Jackonomics2.0 - December 6, 2013 9:56 p.m.

You know I just noticed something. There are quite a lot of Wii U games coming soon. What does PS4 and Xbone even have next year? Destiny? Titan Fall? That's it? Watch Dogs are Multiplatform, including Wii U, same with Lego Super heroes, We have games coming to PS3 and 360 and not next gen. Halo? another shooter. The crew? People barely show their care. And this is just my opinion, but Meta Gear Solid 5 looks like a disaster with that current and next gen split into 2 separate games. So when you look at it, why exactly is the Wii U being bombarded when it has the most looking forward to next year and beyond? Dk, Bayonetta, apparently a crossover of FE and SMT, that X game, smash, Kart, the Multiplats and more. Funny really when you think about it. I personally don't care I'm still sticking with my Xbone and have no interest in the console, but its still funny people are ignoring what the Wii U has most next year. Especially with PS3 and 360 still getting games that next gen isn't getting.