• gonard9 - February 10, 2011 11:54 p.m.

I would also make the screens bigger - Bottom screen = as big as DSi XL and top screen = as big as psp. Also, improve the battery life!
  • gonard9 - February 10, 2011 11:48 p.m.

I would add a second circle pad.
  • ThatGuyFromTV - September 13, 2010 9:07 p.m.

@hotdiddykong Yeah, I know that the graphics on the thing are already nearly Wii-quality, but I'm still thinking that the 3D is a bit of a gimmick, though the no-glasses effect is really pushing me away from that view. We're getting to the point where handheld graphics are catching up to console graphics because console graphics can't possibly get much better. In 15 years, tops, I'm betting handheld graphics will be nearly indistinguishable from console graphics. I know it's not a home console, but I would still take better graphics and a smoother running game over (admittedly awesome) non-glasses 3D effects.
  • spidermansnipple - September 1, 2010 3:09 a.m.

i know ill be buying. i just feel with the glossy finish not only will it be figerprinty it will also scratch veryyyy quick and most likely be slippery. id enjoy if maybe the 3ds had some sort of small rubber grips on the back for comfort. i once got the only wart ive ever had when i was playing the ds lite and it would rest in my palm so weird it creathed a wart. the only wart i ever had. strange i know but maybe a sick twisted joke by nintendo.
  • GameManiac - August 28, 2010 4:15 p.m.

...albeit, a second analog stick below the ABXY buttons MIGHT be useful, but I can't say perfectly, since I never use it.
  • GameManiac - August 28, 2010 4:09 p.m.

I think the design is great already. The outside blends in elements from the original DS and the inside does so as well by blending in the DS Lite and DSi elements. I personally can't see how the design can be changed.
  • teapotking - August 24, 2010 12:02 p.m.

While the touch pad may be fine to function as a second analog stick for you right handed people, nintendo seems to have forgotten the small percentage of us who are left handed that won't be able to play most of the games due to there only being a stick on the left. solution? put another stick on the right under the ABXY buttons. Extra thumbstick for touchpad haters, usable for lefties and righties. win-win!
  • kaizer123 - August 24, 2010 2:36 a.m.

Id switch the places of the d-pad and the analog stick and make it matte finish instead of shiny-ish. And if they release Resident Evil, Kingdom Hearts or Street Fighter the 1st day Id totally but it on the release
  • Hotdiddykong - August 23, 2010 6:51 p.m.

@ThatGuyFromTV Don't be a Dumbass, the 3ds has graphics that are a little better than gamecube, that is probably the best for handhelds, the graphics dont need to be better, this isn't a freaking homeconsole
  • Hotdiddykong - August 23, 2010 6:44 p.m.

It looks perfect, a second analog for the lefties would be nice and thats all, it can't get smaller this is the limit for size so its obvious there not making a 3ds lite or anything, the 3ds looks like its everything and dont need updated versions
  • Felixthecat - August 23, 2010 6:34 p.m.

I'd like a matte finish, but that's it.
  • BadWobot - August 23, 2010 6:28 p.m.

Only one change: Add a second analog nub. Don't make PSP's mistake!
  • enlargedhousecats - August 23, 2010 6:25 p.m.

it needs a second analog stick for us lefties
  • Camoxide - August 23, 2010 6:07 p.m.

@blays They can't make the screen any bigger because of the 3D glassesless technology
  • markshell - August 23, 2010 5:50 p.m.

I think they could change the design a little, make it prettier and more modern. Not just like a standard DS lite with more functions.
  • scottasmith230 - August 23, 2010 5:44 p.m.

It need a second analog stick if it did then it would be the first hand held console that i would want to play fps on
  • DarkTone - August 23, 2010 5:40 p.m.

It looks fine as is. Would there be enough time to change the design?
  • ThatGuyFromTV - August 23, 2010 5:31 p.m.

a second analogue stick would be much appreciated, and I think they should also make this touch screen able to recognize multiple touches like the iPod touch, where the DS can't recognize multiple touches at the same time. Also, I know they have a thing in the hardware for turning the 3d off, but can there also be a thing in the software to turn off the 3d and use the extra power for better graphics?
  • StrayGator - August 23, 2010 5:22 p.m.

RS PLZ.
  • Kaltoria - August 23, 2010 5:18 p.m.

It needs an other analog stick, not it could use one, it NEEDS one.