Topics

Nintendo

• kevkev - July 29, 2011 12:47 a.m.

Am I the only person that thinks Nintendo should take a cue from Sega and start making software only? I would totally buy a great looking Mario or Zelda game in HD for my 360 or PS3.
  • CaptCOMMANDO - July 29, 2011 12:38 a.m.

Mitchy D needs to write more articles. I like the way he writes. As far as Nintendo's situation goes, I already own half of those free games and I can play them on my DS lite with its GBA PORT!
  • Felixthecat - July 29, 2011 12:31 a.m.

You're being incredibly melodramatic about this, GR. It's just Nintendo being nice to us fans.
  • EvidentDead - July 29, 2011 12:24 a.m.

Haters gonna hate.
  • AdamEll94 - July 29, 2011 12:21 a.m.

Missing the killer app? Sorry but you forgot to mention *Luigi's mansion* 3DS. Piss poor journalism yet again, do your research. And two brand spanking new Mario games aren't enough? Just because there's no MW3D or Battlefield 3DS doesn't mean the system isn't as good as its console rivals, because right now IMO it's software is one step ahead of every other company. Only 3 games as good as the four mentioned are coming out, GOTY Skyrim, runner up Uncharted 3 and Skyward Sword.
  • JornnyRamone - July 29, 2011 12:18 a.m.

I've no intention of picking one up myself, I'm happy to hang onto my regular DS when traveling about, but it makes you wonder, would it have been a safer bet to release Pokemon Black & White on the 3DS after all to get the (Poke) ball rolling?
  • Nin10DOH - July 29, 2011 12:15 a.m.

These free games and Ocarina 3D will entertain me till the 3DS actually gets its games out at the end of the year
  • MrDuracraft - July 29, 2011 12:14 a.m.

Honestly, if something like this happened with the Wii U I'd worry about Nintendo, but they have plenty of time to buffer any losses they have made so far. Nintendo bounced back from more with less, and the buffer from the Wii and DS is huge. And the 20 free games for early adopters is more than enough justification for those who got it at $250 (at least those who care about these games), because Nintendo will probably be selling them for more than $4 each on the eShop.
  • Gotxxrock - July 29, 2011 12:09 a.m.

This imbues quite a bit of melancholy energy in me. Maybe this will further entice Nintendo to continue reprising its traditional gaming stance (and further bolster its departure from casual gaming).
  • IceHawk79 - July 29, 2011 12:07 a.m.

I just want the free games. Since LOZ-OoT is keeping me busy at the moment.(Til whenever Kid Icruas(sp) comes out) Where will this "title" be at, or will the Eshop just know?
  • SwirlyGreenLogo - July 29, 2011 12:07 a.m.

Short-term? Probably not. If they think they can rely on DS an Wii gimmicks forever? Totally.
  • shadowreaper72 - July 29, 2011 12:04 a.m.

No I do not care. Nintendo needs to get their act straight. Even if the 3ds was 50$ I would still not care due to the extreme lack of games out on it right now or coming to it in the future. Im worried for Nintendo.
  • DaveGoose - July 29, 2011 12:03 a.m.

I almost bought a 3DS today because in Canada there is a $50 off deal (when you clean out your igloo) then I heard the $80 off, I just wish I didn't need to wait 2 weeks for this. But yes I will purchase this, I can't wait to regret it!!! reCAPTIA: rollast some, maybe I will
  • peachguy - July 29, 2011 12:02 a.m.

I still don't care :/
  • Cyberninja - July 29, 2011 12:02 a.m.

i say the abassador program is good because the only game i have from the titles so far is metroid fusion. i feel nintendo will be fine in the end.