Topics

Nintendo

• NG14916 - July 29, 2011 3:46 a.m.

This is great as far as I'm concerned. My parents would never have let me spend my money on a $250 console, but now I can get the 3DS and Devil Survivor: Overclocked by the end of August. Hell yes.
  • Yeager1122 - July 29, 2011 3:45 a.m.

I kind of care i would buy old games for my 3ds to since i dont have a ds at all i dont see the point in buying an old one thats probably the only reason i would buy a 3ds.
  • Zepaw - July 29, 2011 3:40 a.m.

I owned every mobile Nintendo platform since Game Boy (micro exempt) and I have not had the slightest interest in 3DS. I played around with one for an hour and it was fun as a novelty but nothing I would put down hard money for. Most importantly the games. Not a single line up game remotely interested me. Mario Kart 3D with the lower system price could bring some real temptation for me.
  • UsernameLoser - July 29, 2011 3 a.m.

@JornnyRamone Explain to me why Pokemon still sells shit even though every game has the same damn gameplay.
  • markshell - July 29, 2011 2:46 a.m.

People complain too much. Even Nintendo itself. The first DS had the same problems, lack of big games for most of it's first year and a half and look how it turned out. The 3DS just launched in March. Next year is where lies the truth. If Nintendo prepares itself for the holidays and 2012, they will skyrocket all over again. I'm happy with my 3DS, it's a fine piece of tech. The eShop and overall online stuff is a major step up from Nintendo's clumsy approach in past installments, and, having the DS too to compare, I can surely say it's the definitive version of the DS line, improving greatly in all it's strengths and weaknesses. If no good comes of that, I'll scratch my head. But, in the other hand... The Wii's abrupt end is awful. Wii U should have launched last year, they were too damn late to announce it. Wii's uniqueness was it's sell point, now it's just a 2006 thing, unlike the other consoles, that are still good and going.
  • geneticallyalteredsupergiraffeejaculatinggrenades - July 29, 2011 2:45 a.m.

What bugs me is that they're saying they won't release the GBA games for pay. I missed out on most of those, and I don't have a 3DS right now because I can't afford one. It pisses me off that I won't be able to play Metroid Fusion because I have no cash this instant.
  • UsernameLoser - July 29, 2011 2:42 a.m.

Except for the Mario games, which all play exactly the same...YES! SUCK IT NERDS!! I GET THE ORIGINAL LOZ FOR FREE!! Anyway, this is also bad news since I can't play my GBA version of LoZ, I'll have to start from scratch.
  • purple_omlet - July 29, 2011 2:37 a.m.

When the hell is Four Swords coming to the DSi store? I don't give a fuck about the 3DS, I just want to play zelda.
  • xlyesterdaylx - July 29, 2011 2:17 a.m.

80$ price drop. LMAO Still not buying it until it gets some good 3rd party support that's actually out.
  • TheKey - July 29, 2011 1:56 a.m.

@kevkev yeah, cause you know, Sega only produces quality sonic games nowadays.
  • MetalheroDamien - July 29, 2011 1:42 a.m.

Honestly, I don't care, but that's because I already have one.
  • ThatGuyFromTV - July 29, 2011 1:41 a.m.

I want to know what those other 10 reward games are, cause I already got seven of the known games and that doesn't make me want the system any more than i do now.
  • mlocke - July 29, 2011 1:31 a.m.

10 free nes games, 10 free gba games, free four swords, mario kart, animal crossing, super mario 3ds land, luigi's mansion 2, star fox 64 3D, paper mario 3ds. Am I worried? Not at all.
  • Bladex206 - July 29, 2011 1:12 a.m.

My DSi trade in made my launch 3DS the same price as this newly priced 3DS, and now I'm getting some free games. Icing on the cake, baby.
  • Defguru7777 - July 29, 2011 1:05 a.m.

The 3DS definitely launched for too much money. This price seems pretty fair, and I'm definitely gonna pick one up either for Christmas or when I get enough money. But if I'm reading the article right, they're making those GBA games for the 3DS and NOT RELEASING THEM? That's kind of retarded. I'd probably pay for Metroid Fusion. This is definitely bad news for Nintendo but not doomsday news for it. I agree with Felixthecat, I think you're being a bit melodramatic about this.
  • TRcommander - July 29, 2011 1 a.m.

Now that the price had dropped, the only thing missing is some good games because Street Fighter and Ocarina don't justify an entire system. Once all those hardcore titles we were promised are released I'll definitely buy one.
  • Fuzunga - July 29, 2011 12:54 a.m.

Well I happened to get my 3DS for $75 off with the use of a gift card. The fact that I'm getting 20 games for free ON TOP of that is just amazing.
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - July 29, 2011 12:49 a.m.

Times are still way too hard.
  • MoutonDocile - July 29, 2011 12:49 a.m.

I'm getting one, that's for sure. I want those free games. Got a gift card to use. *runs to the store*
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - July 29, 2011 12:48 a.m.

Is anyone really surprised? Honestly, unless you're a hardcore fan, nobody is going to buy a handheld for $200+ when you can get a console for less.