Topics

Nintendo

We Recommend

• EvidentDead - July 29, 2011 1:54 p.m.

This all sounded great until they said these games will not be for the general public. I... I cant possibly understand this. Why would you not make these games available to purchase? If they are planning to unload a bunch more consoles than the people who already bought one, than they should be making that much more money on them. What they should have done, is made them exclusive for the people who bought a 3DS before the drop, and eventually let us new adopters buy them.
  • couggod - July 29, 2011 1:01 p.m.

So nintendo is not going to release Fusion to the general public..... do they hate money?
  • Clovin64 - July 29, 2011 11:56 a.m.

Yoshi's Island for free? Yeah, I'll take that.
  • TheHungryLemur - July 29, 2011 11:45 a.m.

I think if Nintendo stopped focusing on a SPECIAL NEW INNOVATION they'd make very succesful consoles. Yes, it's nice to have new things like that but don't focus your WHOLE MARKET on it. I think the Wii U is a stepp in the right direction.
  • AuthorityFigure - July 29, 2011 11:44 a.m.

The author writes: "We're stuck with the 3DS anyhow..." That would capture my sentiment too if I had paid $400+ to play Clinton-era software on a smaller screen.
  • philipshaw - July 29, 2011 11:38 a.m.

I care because I have got one, I'm happy with 20 free games
  • AlphaDogZero - July 29, 2011 11:02 a.m.

I Don't like that nintendo are scorning people who buy the 3DS at the new price. I've been holding off on buying a 3DS become in the past Ive bought the first DS and regretted buying it after seeing the lite model that cane out not long after. I would really Luke those GBA games though.
  • Scammeleon - July 29, 2011 11:02 a.m.

It's only four months old, guys! Yes sales have been pretty sloppy, but it's far far too early to be heralding its death. It seems to me that the thing should've come out September/October time, with the reduced price, and with Ocarina, Starfox etc as launch titles and a decent advertising campaign. Which is basically what we'll have in a month or so anyway, but with the system being available months in advance. It's like the thing itself was available as a pre-release before launch, but available to everybody. It's like they've been slowly handing us the ingredients to make a birthday cake rather than make it themselves.
  • gamefreakl1996 - July 29, 2011 10:47 a.m.

*3DS
  • gamefreakl1996 - July 29, 2011 10:47 a.m.

I'm still not gonna buy a 2DS, and I probably wont buy a 'Wii U' or whatever either
  • reuben0110 - July 29, 2011 9:32 a.m.

God damn, gamesradar, you're getting pointlessly worked up over this.
  • tojomojo - July 29, 2011 8:13 a.m.

Ambassador,eh....hmmmmm i like it!
  • robotninja - July 29, 2011 7:33 a.m.

Nope I think they will be fine, I like the ambassador program idea, and even though I have played through all of those titles and own all of them across all platforms they are on, it is still a nice incentive of care from the company itself. For that I have to respect them. I like when companies even though about the bottom line show some appreciation for the hard earned dough we spend on their hardware. On a side note I guess, the whole no GBA support is out the window now on a DS system outside of the Lite version huh so I see more people grabbing a 3DS and avoiding the DSiXL and DSi now. At least those that care about the GBA titles.
  • Oujisama - July 29, 2011 7:31 a.m.

Oh yay, 10 games that a monkey could download off of google in 2 minutes flat. Can't wait.
  • Sjoeki - July 29, 2011 6:57 a.m.

I'm hoping for the best, but nintendo is making it hard for itself, at least over here in the netherlands, they only had one commercial for the 3DS with pilot wings and a bunch of pilots (one of them crashed as he ran out of fuel...) and a commercial for the remake of ocarina. It's all nice and sweet but people don't see the 3D effect on their tv's and it's not advertised or promoted anywhere else, people need to know it's there before they can buy it.
  • Hai-Shi - July 29, 2011 5:35 a.m.

@kevkev: Yeah, I would totally embrace this idea. 2 major consoles are more than enough. Nintendo has some really awesome franchises: Zelda, Mario, Kirby, Metroid... Should be more than sufficiant to keep the Nin-ten-do going as a software studio only. But they've had real cashcows with the Wii & DS, I doubt they will give up hardware anytime soon.
  • Andyjoe - July 29, 2011 5:35 a.m.

I think you guys are blowing this out of proportion. As it has been said before, the DS also had a rather crap launch, and it didn't pick up until the year after. At least the 3DS is getting some AAA titles this year. I think Nintendo just realized it was a bad move to charge $250 for a handheld, and lowered it to a more acceptable level. Come Christmas time sales should be booming.
  • NanoElite666 - July 29, 2011 5:31 a.m.

Don't really care about the 3DS right now. I'll probably end up with one somewhere down the line, I just don't have a clue as to when though. My main draw to the system was the fact that Legends 3 was going to be on it, and now that that's gone... Yeah. While the hefty price cut is nice and enticing, I'm going to be saving my pennies for the Vita.
  • BackwaterRifle - July 29, 2011 4:34 a.m.

absolutely getting one to replace my ld DS's. Plus I have to get Luigis mansion 2 when it comes out and the next inevitable pokemon game. also some wario ware would be nice.
  • IcePotato - July 29, 2011 4:14 a.m.

There is still no reason to buy a 3DS, just scrap it and keep making DS games. The Game Boy out lived the Virtual Boy afterall.