Topics

SOPA

• OneWithWaves - January 18, 2012 7:30 a.m.

Is GamesRadar still planning on covering E3 this year despite the ESA's support of SOPA?
  • ThatGuyFromTV - January 18, 2012 10:07 a.m.

With the amount of copyrighted stuff there? If this bill passes I'd be surprised if anyone tries to cover it.
  • Lurkero - January 18, 2012 6:32 a.m.

The moment Youtube and Facebook go down is the moment the internet breaks
  • CitizenWolfie - January 18, 2012 8:11 a.m.

Society would probably find it easier to rebuild after nuclear war than if YouTube and Facebook went down
  • soggysage - January 18, 2012 6:11 a.m.

The US Government really can't stupid enough to pass SOPA in its current form can it? I mean wanting to stop internet piracy is something I can get behind but this would break the internet full stop.
  • BladedFalcon - January 18, 2012 7:59 a.m.

"The US Government really can't be stupid enough" Um... you really don't want to test that statement...
  • ThatGuyFromTV - January 18, 2012 10:11 a.m.

Take a second to think about the stupid shit the US government has done, then read that statement again. Remember, this is the same government that's run by people that try to sell open Congress seats. They are quite clearly stupid enough to try to pull something like this. Take it from someone who lives there.
  • MattOfSteel - January 18, 2012 6:09 a.m.

Forget SOPA. We'll build our own internet! With BlackJack and hookers ... in fact, forget the blackjack.
  • perdedor - January 18, 2012 7:28 a.m.

+1000
  • hellodesdemona - January 18, 2012 6 a.m.

"THE CAKE IS A LIE!" EMULATION DOWNLOAD FREE GAME HERE EA SPORTS MASS EFFECT PREVIEW ON YOUTUBE hahahahhahaha! I am so evil, I just shut down your site! GWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
  • taokaka - January 18, 2012 6:18 a.m.

No don't do that. Oh crap, just realized my user name and profile pic could get this sight in trouble, from now on refer to me as "name01" and I'll change my profile picture to a square of my choice of colour.
  • GR_DavidHoughton - January 18, 2012 6:26 a.m.

Seriously, you joke about the avatar, but similar stuff HAS come up in copyright cases before.
  • taokaka - January 18, 2012 7:19 a.m.

who said I was joking??!??? :P
  • mockraven - January 18, 2012 5:02 p.m.

I just wanted to warn you that if SOPA or PIPA passes, your yellow avatar may be considered a violation. I'm not sure if you've heard of "Blue Monochrome," which is a painting of solid blue done by the French artist Yves Klein in 1961, but it's a fairly famous panting. This leads me to another artist named Richard Aldrich who painted "Yellow Monochrome" (possibly influenced by Klein) in 2006. While your yellow is a lighter shade than Aldrich's, it does resemble his painting quite a bit. I would suggest solid white or solid black, but I'm not sure if those colours have already been used either. Maybe try a picture of your name and hope it's not a character's name in a book or film?
  • 8bitBaby - January 18, 2012 5:41 a.m.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *jumps out of window*
  • MsSmith - January 18, 2012 5:39 a.m.

IF SOPA PASSES THEN SCREW THEM!1 WE'LL BUILD OUR OWN INTERNET!1!!1 But stupid posts aside, great article.
  • ShortFuse - January 18, 2012 5:38 a.m.

Consider it shared. It's truly a shame that this kind of legislation is even considered or put forward in the first place- Especially from a country so proud of it's much mentioned liberty, thankfully the majority see sense. Seen Rupert Murdoch's tweets about it?! Strange man.
  • Mooshon - January 18, 2012 5:37 a.m.

I better go delete them old fan arts forthwith before I get bummed...
  • 4fromK - January 18, 2012 5:35 a.m.

did you guys see this video yet penny-arcade[dot]com/patv/episode/stand-together-the-gaming-community-vs-sopa-and-pipa ? and if so are you going to support the ESA by attending or covering e3, because a lot of people are boycotting I swear its not spam, just replace the [dot] with .
  • McSpermie - January 18, 2012 5:25 a.m.

Great article sir, though I think you're preaching to the choir here.