• Ra3v3r - September 9, 2010 10:06 p.m.

It's minuscule but above Manny from Grim Fandango right on the red bus you can see the ship and the aliens from Defender. The Carmageddon reference from earlier is actually GTA, the guys being run over are the Gouranga monks!
  • aberkromby - September 9, 2010 9:36 p.m.

That picture makes me wanna puke. No idea why.
  • MPH - September 9, 2010 8:49 p.m.

Oh and Manic Miner
  • MPH - September 9, 2010 8:43 p.m.

Can't believe no-one has spotted Dig Dug!
  • Kenzo - September 9, 2010 8:19 p.m.

i believe I am the first to mention flicky. that little sonic spinoff game where you had to collect all the little birds. also if there was a pong cafe in real life I would be there daily.
  • GabeMcGrath - September 9, 2010 8:18 p.m.

Hmm, woke up this morning, with a change of heart. I'll keep my '89 answers' to myself. After all, no matter when you post something, it can always be a 'spoiler' to somebody. And I didn't want to be a dick. PS: Some people here have answered a HUGE number already, well done. :-) PPS: I'm guessing that many commenters are from the U.S.? That would explain why some of the characters/systems will be a bit of a mystery to you, as there were plenty of games/machines in the past that did nothing in the US, but were huge in the UK/Europe, or even machine in my country, Australia. It works just as much in reverse. So many people in the 'states are surprised when we tell them that NES/Mario just *wasn't that big* where we live. We were much more into C64/Amiga!
  • ManlyPanda - September 9, 2010 7:40 p.m.

I see parappa the rapper
  • Ded - September 9, 2010 6:41 p.m.

Gunstar Heroes!!! :D And others!
  • Kage_No_Shi - September 9, 2010 6:32 p.m.

For large version. Google images "EDGEposter" and sort by large images. 2384 by 1684 version FTW.
  • LordsOfTechno - September 9, 2010 6:04 p.m.

I’m probably wrong with quite a few of these but here’s what I’ve found in the image- Advance Wars Animal Crossing Bomberman Bubble Bobble Carmageddon (I spy a car running over someone and a zombie close by... maybe a reference to the U.K's censored version)? Children Of Mana (the yellow mice things in Princess Peaches Castle’s garden)? Dead Rising (Frank West holding his camera near the cemetery) Dr. Kawashima (Brain Training games) Donkey Kong Crazy Taxi Final Fantasy (Balthier [from FF XII] Cloud, and a Moogle) Game Boy Ghost ‘n’ Ghouls Gitaroo Man (His pet dog Puma is on a building roof) Grim Fandango Halo Half-life 2 Katamari Damacy LocoRocco Lemmings Legend of Zelda (Chicken, Link, Master Sword, the Maze and the snake enemies) Mario (Princess Peach’s Castle, Goomba, Mario himself and Yoshi) Mega Man Mortal Kombat (Sub-Zero) Nintendo Entertainment System Parappa The Rappa and UmJammer Lammy Pac-man Playstation (the button symbols as well as the actual console, which is hiding close to the falling Tetris blocks) Pong PSP Puyo Puyo/ Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine Rachet and Clank (Look in the windows near the HL2/Edge building ... is that Clank peeping out the open window)? Sonic The Hedgehog Space Invaders Speedball Star Fox Street Fighter (Ken and Guile fighting and Chun-Li and Ryu standing below falling Tetris Blocks) Strider (Is it Strider Hiryu falling from the builing along with the Lemmings)? Super Monkey Ball Tetris The Misadventures of Tron Bonne or Mega Man Legends (I think I spy some servbots) The Sims Tomb Raider (Lara’s hiding behind a truck) Viewtiful Joe Virtua Fighter Wave Race(?) Also there's that keyboard I can't recognise... Bloody hell that's a long list and it's nowhere near all the references in the image!
  • TKTOWA - September 9, 2010 5:58 p.m.

I spotted the Guardian Heroes reference =).
  • CatrParrot - September 9, 2010 5:51 p.m.

Shit, I confused Lumines with Loco Roco.
  • CatrParrot - September 9, 2010 5:47 p.m.

Not counting consoles: Animal Crossing Halo Pac-Man Space Invaders Sonic the Hedgehog Super Mario World Final Fantasy VII & XII (and a Moogle) Crazy Taxi Wave Race 64 The Sims Mortal Kombat Street Fighter II (Guile, Ken, Ryu, & Chun-Li) Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine Bubble Bobble Pong Super Mario World Super Mario 64 Tetris Legend of Zelda Viewtiful Joe Ghosts and Goblins Zombies Ate My Neighbors Patapon Lumines Advance Wars Parappa the Rapper R-Type Doom Virtua Fighter Metal Gear Solid Brain Age Katamari Damacy Secret of Mana Star Fox SpeedBall Grim Fandango Gunstar Heroes Super Monkey Ball Donkey Kong Mega Man X Ecco the Dolphin Half-Life 2 Dead Rising Resident Evil 4 (Dr. Salvador) A Dragon Quest slime Lara Croft A Prinny from Disgaea and the game where you attack the giant crab for massive damage
  • BMW89 - September 9, 2010 5:29 p.m.

The whole thing kinda makes me want to go roll a Katamari.
  • analogmonkey - September 9, 2010 5:24 p.m.

zelda/link parappa the rapper pac man wave race viewtiful joe sonic bomb jack space invaders pong streetfighter II syndicate gunstar heroes speedball grim fandango starwing/starfox megaman mario/yoshi mortal kombat advance wars bubble bobble super monkey ball lemmings tetris virtua fighter puyo puyo loco roco crazy taxi mr driller animal forest r-type ghosts and goblins halo dr kawashima virtua fighter bomberman katamari nes gameboy vectrex psp zx spectrum final fantasy nes
  • Kieran712 - September 9, 2010 5:19 p.m.

Four.
  • Clovin64 - September 9, 2010 5:13 p.m.

I spotted quite a few, but not many of them were games that I actually care about.
  • WickedSid - September 9, 2010 4:53 p.m.

Oh, there seems to be an ad for the official website of the Internet Shadowed right in the middle.
  • WickedSid - September 9, 2010 4:52 p.m.

Pig Ganondorf! Mini-Subzero! StarFox! A Mega-Man! Cloud! Katamari! The Sims! A Keyboard(?) Top Right! Tetris! Lmao, Nintendo Petting Zoo! Space Invaders! Sonic! Wave Race! Street Fighter! Bust-a-Move! Parappa the Rappa! Super Monkey Ball! Brain Age! An Nes! I tried to go for the ones that haven't been said.
  • billymeeches - September 9, 2010 4:49 p.m.

way more references than one should ever look at in his life :D