• db1331 - April 7, 2014 8:55 a.m.

Perfectly fine? The map is almost empty. There were maybe 2 or 3 AI running around. When I play I routinely see multiple groups of 6 or so grunts. Also, to quote the Khaleesi, "WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS?" There's like 1 flying around. In my game there are loads of them on screen, flying around and perched on bones and rocks, or swooping down and carrying off grunts. I won't even start on the difference between that video and playing with the "Insane" texture resolution. And 30fps? My god.
  • BladedFalcon - April 7, 2014 8:46 a.m.

...How is this a bad thing? I can understand why Microsoft wouldn't want people paying attention to the 360 version, but why is Towell acting as if this was bad, or that this version shouldn't exist? If the game can work well in another platform, let it! The game already came out on PC and Xbone, it was good, what harm does it to have another version that people who don't plan to buy an XBone can enjoy?
  • GR_JustinTowell - April 7, 2014 8:51 a.m.

Because if the 360 version is fine, it means you don't need to buy an Xbox One. And Titanfall is currently Xbox One's biggest game. It would be better for XBO if the 360 version was bad.
  • BladedFalcon - April 7, 2014 9:57 a.m.

Yes, but how is that bad for gamers in general? That's only bad for Microsoft and XBone fanboys, for everyone else, specially 360 owners who can't or won't get a new console just yet, this is fantastic news. Exclusivity is a necessary evil, but since when is something we want to celebrate or foster? isn't the ideal scenario for a gamer to have more games by having to spend and buy less consoles?
  • Manguy17 - April 7, 2014 10:46 a.m.

Well, it's a bit of a kick in the teeth to those who bought the XBO just for Titanfall. Of course it could also be argued that those people should have waited to see this first.
  • robert-tenty-ashford - April 7, 2014 1:32 p.m.

I agree wtih Towell that it sort of highlights that the "next-gen" isn't quite next-gen enough in comparrison (ermm if you know what I mean), highlighting that maybe we still don't need a next-gen console yet at all, but at the same time... I really don't have the money to not agree with BladedFalcon. A lot of people may have the dosh to invest in these new systems as soon as they come out, but I sure don't! (Yes, yes it does suck to be me you cruel, rich next-gen owners)
  • BladedFalcon - April 7, 2014 2:15 p.m.

Yeah... Thing is, if TitanFall can run fine on the 360, taht's not the 360's fault, that's the fautl on the people that created the game since it means taht what they did for it wasn't really next gen enough. A title should be "next gen exclusive" only when it is clear taht it would never run on the older console even if they wanted it to. To summarise: if TitanFall can run on a 360, it simply means it's not trully "next gen enough" but that's on the developers, not on the 360 or being released on the 360.
  • db1331 - April 7, 2014 11:15 a.m.

There are people who aren't ok with "fine" when it comes to how their games look or performs. Personally, if I'm going to play something, I want to play the best possible version of it. Not something that is just fine.
  • Divine Paladin - April 7, 2014 1 p.m.

Hey, for a discount of $500 , I'll take "fine" any day of the week. To each his own on that front; if I had the money I'm sure I'd hold a closer opinion to yours, but $500 isn't something a poor, cash-strapped guy heading to college in fall has lol.
  • universaltofu - April 7, 2014 8:28 a.m.

I hope so, I already had a blast with the 'inferior' Battlefield 4 and Assassins Creed 4 this last holiday, so if this a similar deal, cool.