• Fuzunga - February 4, 2012 12:39 p.m.

Let's stop and think for a minute here. These games are $15. Not $60. Not $40. Not even $20. $15. They are usually of high quality and constantly on sale. Let's stop bitching about this now, please. Did I mention these games are ONLY FIFTEEN DOLLARS!?
  • Redeater - February 4, 2012 3:48 p.m.

Yeah except $15 is quite a price to pay when you consider how fast games drop down in price these days. Hell I just picked up Dead Rising 2 for $10. That is about twice the cost of the already low priced DLC and it is what.....10-15 times the length and size? Trust me buddy, if you aren't already on Steam you should be. They understand how to sell games. I have about 20 twenty times as many games on my Steam account then I do on my Xbox and I have a shitty computer that can't play half of them.....yet.
  • xarab4lyfex - February 4, 2012 7:10 p.m.

Yea, spend less money on games, but spend $1000 on a pc that can play them. Exactly why I don't pc game except diablo 3 and maplestory (which I stopped playing forever ago)
  • Redeater - February 4, 2012 9:14 p.m.

Or you could just be patient and buy a $500 PC every five or six years which is usually the cycle for new console generations. Unless your a complete graphics whore it shouldn't bother to play a game that is a few years old (and which if you are playing on a console in the first place you have no right to talk about graphics).
  • talleyXIV - February 4, 2012 12:24 p.m.

Most of these games deserve a $15 price, but I think they stopped making tiny little arcade type games.
  • stitchjones - February 6, 2012 3:53 a.m.

I wait for those random sales when games drop in price, and then I will buy them. The 15$ tag is too steep for most and with this console generation now losing steam, it's not worth the investment at this point.
  • GhostbustTyler - February 4, 2012 noon

I rarely buy anything on the Marketplace. Spending $20 for points to get a $15 game I'll finish in a day or two isn't worth it for me. The only real game I've bought is Trials HD just because it's hard and I won't be able to finish it in a single sitting. As of right now, I recently bought another points card for Gotham City Impostors next week. At $15 it's actually a bit of a bargain since it's all multiplayer, not to mention addictive once you get the right setup for your playstyle in game.
  • DualWieldingIsNotFeasible - February 4, 2012 11:55 a.m.

I think Microsoft is simply exploiting the psychology of "the deal". You might hesitate to buy spend $10, if that's what the game's base price is. However, when you see that it's "on sale" for $10, you're more likely to buy, out of fear of missing out on the price cut. What really annoys me is that Xbox originals are ALSO $15. I'd spend $5 on those without thinking, but $15 is just too rich for my blood.
  • inkyspot - February 5, 2012 7:08 a.m.

I agree with your statement. Xbox Originals should also definately be cheaper.
  • rtype21 - February 4, 2012 11:33 a.m.

It is hard for me to drop 1200 msp on any xbla game
  • HitmanSB07 - February 4, 2012 11:46 a.m.

Exactly, I'm not going to pay 15 or so Euro for a four hour game when I could easily get a longer and arguably better game in a shop for the same price...When I run out of old games I want then I might consider it.
  • Baron164 - February 4, 2012 10:16 a.m.

Unfortunately the 1200msp price point pushes me not to buy arcade games when id more likely drop 800msp without thinking. I have to be sure I'll like it and finish it if I pay 1200. And considering all the arcade games eventually will be featured on the deal of the week I just wait. I grabbed Bastion, Orc's Must Die, Dungeon Defenders and several others when they were half off. I can get 1 or 2 year old retail games for $15-$20 new so a $15 arcade title really has to a lot to compete with. Where has a $5 or $10 arcade title is easier to just be like, oh that looks like fun, click buy.
  • hellodesdemona - February 4, 2012 10:09 a.m.

A thing is worth what people are willing to pay for it. They will continue to increase price as long as an acceptable number of people are buying it. This is hardly unique to video games. The old adage "Supply and Demand" and been in effect since money has been used. If there is a high demand for a product, the price will go up. What surprises me is why this is surprising to the rest of the world.
  • egregious - February 4, 2012 10 a.m.

Somewhere out there are several articles about how we should be grateful for the $15 price tag, or something.
  • Galaxy010 - February 4, 2012 9:55 a.m.

Kameo was awesome. That is all.
  • FauxFurry - February 4, 2012 4:42 p.m.

Agreed. That is also all.