We Recommend

• db1331 - November 18, 2011 8:25 a.m.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU MAKE NEW GAMES THAT HAVE TO RUN ON 6 YEAR OLD HARDWARE. I'm going to say the same thing that I would tell someone I heard complaining about performance on a 6 year old PC. You're a #%$*& idiot for thinking the game would run well on your outdated system. Personally, I'm glad this is happening. I hope something comes along and cripples the Xbox build too. I'm tired of console gamers tying developers hands, then whining when their %&*# doesn't run flawlessly. I mean you realize that to even get the game to work for you, they had to scale it down to below 720p AND lock the framerate at 30fps, right? It's a shame that Bethesda had to design a game to work on the consoles instead of pushing the limits of today's technology. For everyone that always says "BUT TEH PCs COST TWO-THOUSANDS OF THE DOLLARS!"-This is why we pay more for a PC. So we don't have to put up with the same pathetic garbage you do. Yea, I'll pay more for my PC so I get 60fps on Ultra at nearly double your resolution, and load times so fast I can't even read the quick tips. In a couple months, I'll download a texture mod that makes your Skyrim look like vanilla Morrowind. You like gaming enough to buy a 360 and a Kinect so you can jump up and down on an imaginary raft like some kind of special-needs boy scout earning his white water patch, but the idea of spending $200-$300 more on a PC that could run your games better than your console is UNFATHOMABLE. In short: Suck it, console players. Suck it long and hard.
  • NubberzTheHedgehog - November 18, 2011 2:32 p.m.

You prove my theory on PC gamers; most are elitist penasia (made up plural for penis). So you are saying that you would pay at least 50% more for a PC that will be outdated in a matter of a few months just so that you can have games, that are still glitchy by the way. Change your username (is that even possible?) or make a new account that is named "Señor Koquonface" because that it was you are acting like.
  • Lucas - November 19, 2011 5:40 p.m.

ummm, outdated in a couple of months? I'm playing Skyrim on decent graphics (med-high) on a laptop that I bought on early 2009. I don't like to be an ass, but man at least get it right...
  • Lucas - November 19, 2011 5:33 p.m.

I agree with this guy.. I usually wouldn't as he might sound like an asshole but what he's saying has a lot of truth. 6 year, outdated hardware... I mean, come on people..... Like getting a 50 year old to run in the Olympics, and expect for him/her to win.
  • closer2192 - November 18, 2011 8:22 a.m.

I'm glad I didn't rush out to buy Skyrim right away - it looked good, but a fail of this magnitude shouldn't grace my system. Really, it seems to me that Bethesda just doesn't think too highly of PS3 players - I know that there were bugs in the 360 versions of Oblivion, Fallout 3, and New Vegas, but it seems like they at least made an effort not to have those products be totally broken.
  • LordGremlin - November 18, 2011 8:22 a.m.

Well, being primarily a PS3 gamer I just don't buy Bethesda games. I do have a PC, but I rarely log more than 5-6 hours into any game on PC (never finished Torchlight on steam for example), so I just don't buy Bethesda games at all. I don't get it, why people are unreasonable? Fallout 3 GoTY on PS3 is a special case in itself for example, being effectively a fraud. How come they weren't sued/fined? Anyway, I think it's the only company that ever sold a 100% broken PS3 game. It's a warning - avoid them. Even in next generation. And for the love of Jesus, buy Dark Souls. Seriously.
  • JHBorden - November 18, 2011 8:19 a.m.

Hey David you should be doing the same article on Paradox Interactive and what they publish. Hearts of Iron 3 Victoria 2 also how about Supreme Ruler:Cold War..... oh wait I almost forgot that little game called Sword of the stars 2. And the list goes on and is sure to keep going on. I am so thankful for the witcher 2 I hope they keep it up at least they seem to learn from they're mistakes if we support companies like (slips my mind) that company then mayby they can set the new precedent for game development and customer/game support The Witcher 2.0 FTW!!! ;)
  • Sjoeki - November 18, 2011 8:14 a.m.

I've just seen the highlight of the week and replied that I need to get this game, but it looks like I will be waiting for a while. Loved Fallout 3 and I ran into a few small bugs with that but I never finished New Vegas as I didn't feel like starting over a 3rd time cause of it's many problems. Luckily I've got my ps3 on the internet but I'll be checking this site for updates before I spend 60 bucks on a broken product. I haven't heard about this on any other site btw, thanks for the heads up, david!.
  • ObliqueZombie - November 18, 2011 8:13 a.m.

It IS Bethesda's fault, but could you not place the blame on Sony? I'm getting a little abstract here, but even Gabe Newell described what a bitch PS3's are to code fro. Still, this is unacceptable. I'll be defending Bethesda 'till the day I die, with or without broken content. And I'll turn a blind eye to Bug Vegas, since that wasn't even them.
  • Mezolitik - November 18, 2011 8:12 a.m.

As horrible as it sounds, we, as gamers, ought to know better than to expect a modern game to work on release day, or even within the first fortnight, especially after what happened with Fallout: NV and Dead Island. It's becoming increasingly clear that early purchasers are second-stage beta testers.
  • RonnyLive19881 - November 18, 2011 8:19 a.m.

I'm guessing the dev team may have used up their budget so they release the game so it can make some money and the devs get more $$$ to iron out the major kinks. That is the only valid reason I can think of to release a super buggy game and I don't really think that is the case with Bethesda games but hell it might be Lol
  • Alex Byrom - November 18, 2011 8:11 a.m.

Well thanks for ruining my day. I`m getting the game tomorrow for PS3 and now I`m not nearly as excited. I am lying. But damn I hate framerate issues.
  • Hig1134 - November 18, 2011 8:06 a.m.

Yeah, that's pretty brutal. I'm not a fan of Bethesda anyway, but this is gonna give PS3 a bad name. And we all know it's not the PS3, it's lazy development. Shame on you Bethesda.
  • rooster2814 - November 18, 2011 7:56 a.m.

Thank you Mr. Houghton for having the integrity to address this issue which seems to be being marginalized by sites like IGN. Bethesda has been very dismissive about the problem up to this point. And PC nerds,leave us simpletons with our consoles in peace please. I realize your devotion to PC gaming has left some of you bankrupt when it comes to humanity and social skills, but why do you feel the need to comment on console articles if you're so damned pleased with PC you miserable little men.
  • RonnyLive19881 - November 18, 2011 7:50 a.m.

Lol Ps3, I only use that for Uncharted, Final Fantasy(where the hell is VS XIII?!) and the PS Classics store...
  • GhostbustTyler - November 18, 2011 7:50 a.m.

Some of the stuff in the first video happens to me and also my buddy that has it both on 360. Seems to be worse for him, but for me, it happens rarely, usually when I turn it on and lasts for maybe a minute at most. The worst it happened to me it lasted a full minute, I died, then when it loaded my save file from earlier, it worked fine. I'm somewhat okay with a few bugs in a game (Only if they are funny, odd, and or don't take away from my gameplay experience), but I can't figure out why they put out a day one patch if it fixed none of this. I feel bad for all you PS3 owners because I was once one of you. Thanks for bringing this up Dave, now I can warn a friend who is going to buy it soon for PS3 to grab Saints Row or something else till this gets resolved.
  • Taboo5289 - November 18, 2011 7:49 a.m.

As someone who plays Skyrim on the PS3 and has suffered the loss of a 26 hour save of my Nord Warrior and before that suffered some really bad FPS lag it really does suck, but dammit the game is to good not play/own.
  • sarah-steidinger - November 18, 2011 7:47 a.m.

That's absolutely horrible, so glad I got it for the PC. That is scary shit right there. If you start a new game does it get fixed?
  • mothbanquet - November 18, 2011 7:47 a.m.

Thanks for that, Dave. I have to say, even though I have the 360 version my heart does go out to all the PS3 users who are having this problem. It's not something that anyone should have to put up with, no matter the format. It's funny that you mention the acceptance of bugs like this 'because it's Bethesda' and I'm as guilty of that as anyone. But then again, I've never faced this kind of game-breaking bug and would probably change my tune pretty quick if I did. I hope you get a response from Bethesda; I for one would be very curious to hear what they have to say on the matter.
  • Counternub - November 18, 2011 7:34 a.m.

Stop being a baby and play it on PC like a normal human being.
  • tareq - November 18, 2011 7:35 a.m.

How dare you steal what I wanted to say. You'll be hearing from my lawyers
  • Counternub - November 18, 2011 7:37 a.m.

Well, I'll have to inform my solicitor Mr. Blood Dragon that he will be recieving a call soon. Unfortunatly he likes to shout down the telephone :(