• 04whim - April 2, 2014 6:32 a.m.

Punching Jublieus into the sun in Bayonetta. Punching god across the entire solar system into the sun.
  • TurkeyOnRye - April 1, 2014 9:20 p.m.

I might be letting my wrasslin' nerd show here, but the Rock was actually spitting into his hand when he reared back before the last punch... like adding just a bit more oomph to it.
  • Swedish_Chef - March 31, 2014 11:19 p.m.

Although Street Fighter 4 is already on the list I'd also like to give a shoutout to Dan's ultra 1, because seeing a closeup shot of your opponents surprise and pain as their face is reshaped by Dan's fist before he proceeds to beat the everloving crap out of them before launching them with a Koryuken and finishing off by smoothly transitioning into giving the player thumbs up never gets old. Also in Marvel vs Capcom 3. BIONIC AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRM!!!
  • Darkhawk - July 17, 2014 6:03 p.m.

haha that was the other one i was thinking of! I love how Dan is a legitimate character in SFIV, and when you make his Ultra connect, it's just so damn satisfying.
  • Satchurated - March 31, 2014 6:48 p.m.

I like those counter punches you can do to zombies in resident evil 5.
  • bigwill1221 - March 31, 2014 5:37 p.m.

Eventually when a certain game comes over here... people will understand... Muda Muda Muda Muda
  • crunkman2000 - April 17, 2014 10:41 a.m.

There is a distinct lack of Hokuto no Ken and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure here.
  • CitizenWolfie - March 31, 2014 1:49 p.m.

I love Scorpion's X-Ray punch special in MK9 as you get to see every shard of bone splinter as he twats them square on the jaw. Manhunt's level 3 plastic bag execution is brutal - especially as Cash's hands looked like bricks. And I just can't top that weird 4th wall breaking moment as Kratos when I realised I could have stopped punching Zeus minutes ago after the prompts had disappeared. I felt weirdly ashamed
  • pl4y4h - March 31, 2014 12:13 p.m.

The KO hay maker in Def Jam Fight for NY knows no mercy
  • universaltofu - March 31, 2014 11:42 a.m.

Perfect, two of my all time favorites right here. The one in batman was so amazing after it happened I posted on facebook about it, it was just such a 'I'm the goddam batman' moment. Then Mass Effect, the punch that just gets better each time, the first was just so gratifying that the game presented you this jerk lady and actually let you punch her, then it was a cool nod the second time around, then it was a good solid tradition the third time made better since you can just immediately go straight to punching her, without even hearing her out at all, just 'nope, I remember your jerk ass, punching time.'
  • TheGreyWizard - March 31, 2014 10:06 a.m.

Ein's ←→P punch from Dead Or Alive 2. It's quick, sends your opponent flying across the screen and you can actually FEEL the impact.
  • winner2 - March 31, 2014 9 a.m.

Great list. I for one love when you watch Kratos beat the shit out of Poseidon from Poseidon's point of view. So brutal.
  • BladedFalcon - March 31, 2014 8:35 a.m.

What about Jin Saotome's Blodia Punch? Y'know, the guy in the old Marvel VS Capcom games that used a gigantic mech in his specials. The Blodia punch was basically him summoning his mech to deliver one swift gigantic punch that covered the the entire frakking screen and blowing the beejesus out of whatever sucker was in front. This one, essentially: http://www.rq87.flyingomelette.com/RQ/Marvel/MvC/jin5.png
  • Swedish_Chef - March 31, 2014 11:13 p.m.

^This. BLODIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! *Giant Robot Hand flies in offscreen*
  • sadowolf - May 11, 2014 6:12 p.m.

Came here to say exactly this
  • mrjoe1986 - March 31, 2014 7:45 a.m.

Beating the ever loving shit out of the Joker in Batman: Arkham Origins was a highlight of the game for me.
  • C.King - March 31, 2014 7:03 a.m.

what's with the duke nukem hate? wasn't the point of it cheesy comedy? does stupid apply to comedy? random explosions are cliche, sometimes stupid (exploding chickens) but always awesome.
  • BladedFalcon - March 31, 2014 8:52 a.m.

Even cheesy comedy has a nuance to it. Duke Nukem Forever had none.
  • C.King - March 31, 2014 12:16 p.m.

a subtle difference in or shade of meaning, expression, or sound? no clue what you're saying here. you saying duke nukem isn't deep or something? there's tons of mindless entertainment, like cat videos and reality tv. the novelty of shrinking and stepping on a enemy is cool enough. it ain't classy but that not point of kicking ass and chewing bubblegum.
  • BladedFalcon - March 31, 2014 6:45 p.m.

I'm not saying anything about Nuke Dukem 3D, but regarding NDF, I'd say the problem isn't that it's crude or offensive, it's that is all those things without being funny. And to me, the key here is nuance, in this case this applies concerning the timing and skill of how the jokes are executed. A lot of the stuff presented in NDF could be funny in theory, but the way it's executed in the game instead feels awkward, gross and unfunny.