• abdulhamian - November 14, 2013 6:01 p.m.

man there are so many things wrong with this article. where do I begin..... firstly all the good things you said about Xbox are actually negatives and all the negatives of PS are positives. how is gold better when all you are left with is playing singleplayer and yet PS+ doesn't restrict any usage, it only adds benefits. the bribery for this article is too damn high, and the logic too damn stupid!
  • GR HollanderCooper - November 14, 2013 6:19 p.m.

PS+ is needed on the PlayStation 4 in order to play online multiplayer, so it does restrict usage.
  • skully412 - November 14, 2013 6:45 p.m.

I usually don't mind constructive criticism, but this needs to be clarified. The PS4 games are gone free-to-play don't require playstation plus so it doesn't restrict usage on those games.
  • GR HollanderCooper - November 14, 2013 6:47 p.m.

There are only a handful of them--a majority of games on the system require PS+ for online.
  • luckyseven - November 14, 2013 7:06 p.m.

Do not dare lie to us Cooper! Your pockets are lined with tainted microsoft doubloons are they not? Surely you were bribed to make such heinous claims! For shame sir! FOR SHAME #thinkingvideogamejournalistsgetbribedisridiculous
  • TheTrooper424 - November 14, 2013 8:02 p.m.

Xbox Live restricts over 81 features unless you have a gold account. One restriction vs 81? I rest my case.
  • cbrinkmann1981 - November 15, 2013 1:07 a.m.

Sources or it didn't happen.
  • michaelwhitty - November 14, 2013 4:56 p.m.

I just think #Garfield may #have #written this #funny article!
  • andrew-macdonald - November 14, 2013 4:55 p.m.

In the past 6 months I've gotten for my £40. Sleeping dogs, Hitman Absolution, Dragons Dogma, Kingdoms of Amalur, Mass Effect 3 and countless others. Next month Grid 2. Yep, Sony have ruined PS+.....
  • semitope - November 14, 2013 5:28 p.m.

that's all well and good, but you do not own those games past having plus. I guess for and intents and purposes it's fine. Just hope it stays that way. You get to play them.
  • andrew-macdonald - November 14, 2013 6 p.m.

But as long as they maintain the quality by continuing to provide me with content on ps4, ps3 and Vita then I'm going to keep renewing so losing the games won't be an issue.. Next month alone I get Grid 2 for my PS3 Guacamelee for both the PS3 and the Vita and Contrast and Resogun for the PS4. I own both xbox and ps3 and pay for both gold and psn but gold does not compare. What woulf you rather have a free copy of Grid 2 or Battlefield 3 for 360 or Halo 3? It's a no brainer.
  • shannara777 - November 14, 2013 9 p.m.

^ This is exactly what I was going to say. This article is quite possibly the most useless thing I have read on the internet all month ....... and I surf a lot of crap.....
  • Jimez - November 14, 2013 4:53 p.m.

Actually, how can PS+ be worse since making online gaming a paid feature. Surely with the paid feature, it will improve things as we all know what happened with the PS3's online a few years ago. I believe it has made things better, and Microsoft have realised how much of a corporate rip-off Xbox Live really was. What did you get with Xbox Live, lets see. Early access to DLC/Content by a week or so. Access to all online features, including NBA, Netflix and anything that wasn't playing a game. And that's about it, oh and a deal exclusive to Gold Members. PS+ however is simply making online gaming a paid feature, accessing everything else non-gaming won't be slammed behind a paywall.
  • hahajason - November 14, 2013 5:50 p.m.

yea. im not really sure what this article was about. i was expecting new changes to the PS PLUS offerings that made it like significantly worse. I already knew i had to pay for it and i was happy to. having us pay for it holds sony accountable to have good servers and perhaps give better games or more games.
  • abdulhamian - November 14, 2013 6:07 p.m.

totally agreed. this article lacks any logic
  • pinoklin - November 14, 2013 4:46 p.m.

Sweet. I never got to hook my 360 to the internet at all during this gn, but i just might now.
  • Turtman - November 14, 2013 4:45 p.m.

I expect better from GamesRadar. This headline is a cheap page view grab. You offer no solid evidence other than online is behind a paywall. You seem to curiously leave out that Netflix, the browser, F2P games, and a ton of other services don't require paid subscriptions like Xbox Live does. You let me down GamesRadar. Sad day.
  • BladedFalcon - November 14, 2013 4:53 p.m.

...The evidence speaks for itself, PSN offers the EXACT same thing NOW on PS3 as it does for PS4, except with the PS3, playing online is free, and with PS4 it isn't. When you're adding absolutely nothing else to your PSN Plus service, I'm sorry, that's essentially hiding the online behind a pay wall that didn't exist before. Whether that's justified or not it's up to debate. But that they're now charging for a service that WAS free before is definitely jarring, and not speculation.
  • GR HollanderCooper - November 14, 2013 5:23 p.m.

I tweaked the story a bit, since I can see how you might have misunderstood what it meant. I don't mean worse than Xbox Live, I mean worse than it was.
  • BladedFalcon - November 14, 2013 4:38 p.m.

The one silver lining I can see about the PS4 forcing you to pay for PS Plus to play online, is that this SHOULD pressure them into having a much better, more stable online infrastructure, since they will no longer have the "Well, it's free anyway" defense anymore.
  • MidianGTX - November 14, 2013 4:46 p.m.

I dunno, I clocked in thousands of hours of quality online gaming with no issues. The stability excuse was always a lazy one.