• defiance0fchaos - August 20, 2009 8:24 p.m.

@aion 7 It's the most expensive game because of the night vision goggles. If you want to be cheap like me, get the standard $60 game. If you're even more cheap, get the $50 for the PC and save yourself from paying $10 to Sony or Microsoft
  • Spikeabapril - August 20, 2009 8:15 p.m.

Hey, i agree with aion7. I mean, MW2 will almost definitely be a good game, but i'm not buying it until either the price drops, i get it for Christmas or i buy it used. The problem isn't with the game, it's with activision. Because MW2 will do well, with a higher price, every other game will jack up their prices because they know that they can get away with it. And the more that do that, will make even more do it... so yeah, basically Boning all of us. I do want MW2, but i'll get it used, so Activision doesnt get my money. (I'm not cheap, i could afford it, it's just i'd rather not have every game i want get put up £20.)
  • GoldenMe - August 20, 2009 6:59 p.m.

@aion- Thanks for ruining this comment board. Ya jerk.
  • deora2dude - August 20, 2009 5:30 p.m.

sigh... no word yet on a good monster jam game... COME ON FIELD! DUMP ACTIVISION AND GO WITH CODEMASTERS! please?
  • DEFAULT - August 20, 2009 3:51 p.m.

noobeater brings good points to the argument in that pure content and successful buisiness models are both understandable price raises. I can understand that wanting more money from certain audiences seems like bull, and probably is, but events like that would hardly be made into a big deal in any other industry. Frankly, if they're gonna raise the price of some game, it probably should be the one they've put the most work and effort into. It's not like they're jacking up the price of GH...
  • noobeater - August 20, 2009 2:37 p.m.

aion7- done. Im going to purchase MW2 because i like MW and it will last me a year probably whereas another £40 game may last me just 10m hours and MW2 is almsot a given that it will be good based around the original concept refined. Plus im not a cheapskate and neither are others, if you do not wish to purchase it do not. But i shall if it means they produce more outstanding games. Also if they are gaining more money then it is a good business practise on there behalf as they know people will buy it and they will be making a larger profit - hence what every company does on this planet. Therefore i render your comment useless and meaningless to the highest degree of those words. Also good article it was good to catch up with some news on decent games.
  • Cogglesz - August 20, 2009 1:32 p.m.

its a shame about GT5 personally its the one of the 3 games I'm most looking forward to. I hope the damage doesn't stay the way it was at the gamescom because the idea of totaling your car with just a few parts hanging off and some dents sounds unrealistic, with so many delays I'd have expected something more with the damage, ever since burnout damage has been a main part in most racing games. I've also seen on Gamestation (UK game Store)that its due for release in about 35 days, i dont know whether to believe it as i've not seen much of it at all but Cheers for the update GR UK
  • Makk_Mizzy - August 24, 2009 2:07 a.m.

Mafia 2 and AVP is definitely on my to get list! I would like them to show the demo for Final Fantasy 13.
  • _D-Man_ - August 23, 2009 8:36 p.m.

AVP looks beastly, but I'm getting MW2 before it.
  • magicwalnuts0 - August 23, 2009 2:10 a.m.

Well with the 360 it was because they tacked on royalties, and said it was paying for HD or some bullshit like that. Because the Xbox lost Microsoft a ton of money. The N64 had more expensive games because the cartridges were more expensive to manufacture. I think it will be the most pirated game ever. HOWEVER AvP will be awesome, I'm glad they brought that back.
  • Elessar - August 22, 2009 7:25 p.m.

I've been a gamer for many a year, andwhile I agree that activision shouldn't be forcing up the price of games in the EU specifically, it's time people realised that isn't the first time we've been expected to pay more than £45 for a new game. When the 360 was released, games were priced (and sold) at £59.99, that's first generation games like Perfect Dark and Oblivion. Going farther back, I remember Turok being released for the N64, priced at £64.99. If I played MW I'd refuse to pay the price, however after working in a games shop myself, I refuse to pay more than £30 for a game I want because they come down in price so quickly it's not worth buying them at release. However PC gamers don't deal with price hikes, if you try, they WILL pirate it. Anyway back to the article, I missed AVP2 when it was in it's prime, can't wait to try out the new one =D
  • magicwalnuts0 - August 22, 2009 5:37 p.m.

Its messed up that the PC version of MW2 is 60 bucks instead of the standard 50 bucks. I won't enjoy it because I won't buy it until its 50 bucks. And if you don't give a shit about it, its because you either only play on your melt box failsixty or your Playstation, both of which have you by the balls more than you know. because you're paying them 10 bucks every time you buy a game for their systems because neither of can turn a profit on units themselves.
  • aion7 - August 21, 2009 10:51 p.m.

Aand my comment was removed by the community, and stuff like "omg ain7 is teh stuped mw2 if def goty cuz infenty werd can do no rong u teh sux old games r old an nobod plays them. all games r 60$ MW2 is 60$." Not only is this extremely ignorant (other countries exist, and many people buy this sort of game on PC). Also, because a game is old, it's not worth playing? What? Tons of people still play CS. CS isn't dying anytime soon. Etc. etc. What are these huge improvements in CoD 4, anyway.
  • magicwalnuts0 - August 21, 2009 3:45 p.m.

PC game*
  • magicwalnuts0 - August 21, 2009 3:45 p.m.

What? 60 dollars for a non collectors edition PC is not normal! Its unheard of, plain and simple nobody has had the balls to price gouge the PC game SKU, mostly because those extra 10 dollars (I don't know what it is in UK EU) are going to the console manufacturer as royalties. If you're not outraged by this then you clearly haven't played many games. This is absolutely unacceptable. People should just get together and pirate the game and make it the most pirated game in history. Because that's what Activision deserves for this absolute bullshit.
  • Apollomasque - August 21, 2009 3:11 p.m.

Good god, I can hardly wait to play AVP. I've never played any of the other ones, so this will be my first chance to crawl around the exo-skeleton of the perfect hunter. (Xenomorph, not Predator, Predator need to wear crap to hunt, with Xenomorphs, it comes naturally)
  • dante1924 - August 21, 2009 1:53 p.m.

Alon, you must be mixed up with your dates. I'm pretty sure all of those games are already beaten by people! Seriously, Half life 2? That's OLD!!!!!!! What will you suggest next, Golden Eye? Doom? And yeah, you got a point with wolfenstein, it's new, but that's it! People already bashed through killzone, mirror's edge, and those other games! Oh, and last time I checked, all console games except for wii games were 60 dollars! Moron.
  • Seabread - August 21, 2009 12:04 p.m.

aion7 that's a brilliant idea. Dont buy one of the most hyped and exciting games of the year - the sequel to 2007's GotY and possibly 2009's GotY. You're nuts and also extremely naive if you expect anyone to follow your advice. MW2 = awesome.
  • manmeatpizza - August 21, 2009 11:38 a.m.

Yep! I agree with aion7 and I'll probaby just rent it to finished the singe campaign like I did for MW 1. I like IW but until they cut there ties with Activision they're dead to me.
  • meltedtime - August 21, 2009 11:25 a.m.

First of all to all the people who are putting down MW2 because they say it will be like all the COD games are indefinitely wrong. BTW.... ITS GONA BE GOOB BECAUSE THEY BROKE AWAY FROM THE COD FRANCHISE AND IT ISNT CODMW2 IDIOTS! it looks awesome though along with assassins creed 2