Topics

Best of GR

• KennethCummings - May 29, 2014 1:53 p.m.

I'm almost positive that I couldn't fight with a huge metal wedgie, but I guess I'm not as strong as Shahdee.
  • anthony-wilson - May 27, 2014 3:01 p.m.

You should do the champions armor from Dragon Age II
  • george-frey - April 17, 2014 7:34 p.m.

and yes I know that DMC is more weapons and devil triggers, but they do have armorish items on there, or maybe something from the Diablo series?
  • george-frey - April 17, 2014 7:13 p.m.

how about some of the armors in the Devil May Cry games?
  • halvis - February 26, 2014 12:46 p.m.

Lineage II Epic armors missings... (vesper, miorai, dynasty etc..)
  • riverclan23 - January 27, 2014 4 p.m.

I actually have a question about how effective this armor would be. http://www.deviantart.com/art/haseo-132370743 I know it looks really cool but I can't see it functioning that well in real life.
  • mitchel-jake-kanton - June 2, 2014 7 p.m.

From the appearance, aside from the possibly gouging your eyes out if you looked down too fast..it looks pretty sound. just don't take a blow to the belly
  • raf_dcs - January 9, 2014 10 p.m.

Edward Kenway! Can you imagine running and jumping around in heavy wet clothes?! Every time I saw him out of the salt water made itch!
  • Shigeruken - December 4, 2013 10:17 p.m.

Wow, Craig Johnson seems to be the perfect expert to go to for an article like this. This was a fantastic read all the way through, Lucas.
  • MrPkhead - December 4, 2013 2:44 p.m.

Outstanding article! Every day's a school day...
  • C.King - December 4, 2013 2:21 p.m.

i need more!
  • BladedFalcon - December 4, 2013 11:06 a.m.

Awesome article Mr. Sullivan! very funny and as always, they are even more entertaining when you guys use an expert to give their two cents. As others have echoed, I really enjoy these kinds of articles, so keep it up guys!
  • JimmiCottam - December 4, 2013 9:11 a.m.

Correct me if it's already been done but the next one GR should do should be 'xx most impractical weapons in games.' I'm pretty sure having a huge sword looks epic, however....
  • BladedFalcon - December 4, 2013 11:08 a.m.

They have certainly done that already, although without the input of an expert: http://www.gamesradar.com/most-ludicrously-impractical-rpg-weapons/
  • SeikoShi - December 4, 2013 8:57 a.m.

Where's the Space Marine's armor? xD It has got to be the one of most unwieldy armor to wear.
  • frakker15 - January 1, 2014 1:19 p.m.

For a human, absolutely. Figuring it up, the Mk.5 armor would probably weigh around 200 pounds considering that Space Marines weigh 500 pounds when in full combat gear. However, I wouldn't consider it any more impractical than, say, the MJOLNIR armor from the Halo series. In that, a SPARTAN II weighed somewhere around 1,000 pounds where the Spartans themselves weighed, I'd figure, a maximum of 200-300 pounds.
  • Ensoul - December 4, 2013 6:36 a.m.

Great read, next time you should ask him to provide an example of his ideal armour, just to see how off the mark these fantasy armours are.
  • alecbeals - December 4, 2013 4:32 a.m.

articles like these are why I come to GR, would love to see this done again with a modern armor profession to weight in on futuristic soldier armor (most notably Helgast armor and W40k space marine with their wonderful gigantic forarm length shoulder pads) !
  • N7Spartan95 - December 4, 2013 10:11 a.m.

I second this notion. Having a look at Mass Effect's N7 armor or the MJOLNIR suits from Halo would also be pretty cool.
  • BladedFalcon - December 4, 2013 11:11 a.m.

I third it, this was super amusing, and it'd be cool to see either this person, or someone from the army giving their two cents about Modern or futuristic armor. And just like they did with War's armor, I want to hear more people pointing out how ludicrously stupid the armor and proportions for the COGs in Gears of War are :P