Topics

Best of GR

• sleepyMexican45 - 2 hours, 40 minutes ago

The Dark Souls armour you shouldve featured... http://darksouls.wdfiles.com/local--files/armor/catarina-set-large-f.jpg
  • KennethCummings - May 29, 2014 1:53 p.m.

I'm almost positive that I couldn't fight with a huge metal wedgie, but I guess I'm not as strong as Shahdee.
  • anthony-wilson - May 27, 2014 3:01 p.m.

You should do the champions armor from Dragon Age II
  • george-frey - April 17, 2014 7:34 p.m.

and yes I know that DMC is more weapons and devil triggers, but they do have armorish items on there, or maybe something from the Diablo series?
  • george-frey - April 17, 2014 7:13 p.m.

how about some of the armors in the Devil May Cry games?
  • halvis - February 26, 2014 12:46 p.m.

Lineage II Epic armors missings... (vesper, miorai, dynasty etc..)
  • riverclan23 - January 27, 2014 4 p.m.

I actually have a question about how effective this armor would be. http://www.deviantart.com/art/haseo-132370743 I know it looks really cool but I can't see it functioning that well in real life.
  • mitchel-jake-kanton - June 2, 2014 7 p.m.

From the appearance, aside from the possibly gouging your eyes out if you looked down too fast..it looks pretty sound. just don't take a blow to the belly
  • raf_dcs - January 9, 2014 10 p.m.

Edward Kenway! Can you imagine running and jumping around in heavy wet clothes?! Every time I saw him out of the salt water made itch!
  • Shigeruken - December 4, 2013 10:17 p.m.

Wow, Craig Johnson seems to be the perfect expert to go to for an article like this. This was a fantastic read all the way through, Lucas.
  • MrPkhead - December 4, 2013 2:44 p.m.

Outstanding article! Every day's a school day...
  • C.King - December 4, 2013 2:21 p.m.

i need more!
  • BladedFalcon - December 4, 2013 11:06 a.m.

Awesome article Mr. Sullivan! very funny and as always, they are even more entertaining when you guys use an expert to give their two cents. As others have echoed, I really enjoy these kinds of articles, so keep it up guys!
  • JimmiCottam - December 4, 2013 9:11 a.m.

Correct me if it's already been done but the next one GR should do should be 'xx most impractical weapons in games.' I'm pretty sure having a huge sword looks epic, however....
  • BladedFalcon - December 4, 2013 11:08 a.m.

They have certainly done that already, although without the input of an expert: http://www.gamesradar.com/most-ludicrously-impractical-rpg-weapons/
  • SeikoShi - December 4, 2013 8:57 a.m.

Where's the Space Marine's armor? xD It has got to be the one of most unwieldy armor to wear.
  • frakker15 - January 1, 2014 1:19 p.m.

For a human, absolutely. Figuring it up, the Mk.5 armor would probably weigh around 200 pounds considering that Space Marines weigh 500 pounds when in full combat gear. However, I wouldn't consider it any more impractical than, say, the MJOLNIR armor from the Halo series. In that, a SPARTAN II weighed somewhere around 1,000 pounds where the Spartans themselves weighed, I'd figure, a maximum of 200-300 pounds.
  • Ensoul - December 4, 2013 6:36 a.m.

Great read, next time you should ask him to provide an example of his ideal armour, just to see how off the mark these fantasy armours are.
  • alecbeals - December 4, 2013 4:32 a.m.

articles like these are why I come to GR, would love to see this done again with a modern armor profession to weight in on futuristic soldier armor (most notably Helgast armor and W40k space marine with their wonderful gigantic forarm length shoulder pads) !
  • N7Spartan95 - December 4, 2013 10:11 a.m.

I second this notion. Having a look at Mass Effect's N7 armor or the MJOLNIR suits from Halo would also be pretty cool.