• jmcgrotty - November 19, 2010 8:12 a.m.

Decent enough list for what it was, but I also can't get past the fact that sequels don't mean "reboots". While I won't go back and look at every entry again, off the top of my head, none of these were "reboots". Yeah, I know that is petty of me.
  • FauxFurry - November 19, 2010 3:59 a.m.

How could you guys overlook Rygar: the Legendary Adventure? Oh,you didn't mean Gritty as in Grainy? Never mind,then. Ninja Gaiden was the more gritty Tecmo reboot,anyway. As for that comment under that last Metal Gear Solid picture,most of the enduring works of art out there are little more than naked muscle-bound men with the names of religious figures attached to them to give them an added air of legitimacy,so if Johnny was revealed to be named after John the Baptist or say,Stubbs from Grand Theft Auto was said to be an incarnation of Eros,then games could be said to be art without question!
  • Spybreak8 - November 19, 2010 2:35 a.m.

With the voice of George Foreman ->by golly I think it's got it!
  • Tomgoulter - November 19, 2010 1:15 a.m.

@haipayazoo: On the contrary, my dear fellow. I wrestled long and hard with the decision as to whether or not to include Conker's Bad Fur Day, deciding eventually that as Pocket Tales nowadays exists solely in the context of "remember that piece of crap that happened before Bad Fur Day?," that the list could do without that one debatable entry. However, thanks for the mention.
  • FanofSaiyan - November 19, 2010 1:07 a.m.

Hoorah! Another tip of the hat to Jak & Daxter! I was expecting Ratchet: Deadlocked to be on the list... guess not.
  • Link555 - November 19, 2010 1:07 a.m.

They did that to Bomberman, worst reboot ever in a games series.
  • Fuzunga - November 19, 2010 12:35 a.m.

Wait a minute... bomberman is a robot!? MY CHILDHOOD!!!!!
  • BishopofHippo93 - November 18, 2010 11:11 p.m.

I'm not sure I quite agree with Metal Gear. I don't really think of it as a reboot, but, as you said, as a realization of Kojima's original dream. I didn't know about Duke Nukem, though. I guess the other games don't really get a whole lot of time in the spotlight. Also, I agree wholeheartedly about Advance Wars. I miss the brightly colored tanks and soldiers!
  • NightCrawler_358 - November 18, 2010 10:52 p.m.

Great article, but maybe it should be grittiest sequels/reboots. Also I agree with Majora's Mask. May i suggest Driv3r? Star Wars Republic Commando? eh? ehhhh?
  • Imgema - November 18, 2010 10:38 p.m.

Zelda - Majora's Mask
  • EnragedTortoise1 - November 18, 2010 10:36 p.m.

I see that Scott Pilgrim reference. :D Also, wasn't this an earlier list or something? This concept sounds familiar..
  • batmanboy11 - November 18, 2010 10:14 p.m.

Good list.
  • pizzasmellslikechrisantista - November 18, 2010 10:10 p.m.

Fire emblem: shadow dragon. All the gameboy fire emblems were colorfull and charming, shadow dragon was the ugliest, greyest game I've ever had the misfortune of playing.
  • MrSuitMan - November 18, 2010 9:55 p.m.

Jak II = one of my favorite games of all time. C'MON NAUGHTY DOG! JAK AND DAXTER PS3 ALREADY !!!
  • Alakasam342 - November 18, 2010 9:36 p.m.

kiss me baby one more time oops I did it again I played with your heart I'm glad Beethoven composed this song and Toxic
  • haipayazoo - November 18, 2010 9:27 p.m.

Dear Tom Goulter, You have completely forgotten (or never heard/played) Conker's Pocket Tales to Conker's Bad Fur Day.
  • shadowreaper72 - November 18, 2010 9:24 p.m.

I like it when some games go for the darker side of things but it aint for all games. Some games are just meant to be bright like sonic or bomber man and games like pop and advance wars were supposed to be dark all along. P.S I really loved POP Warrior Withins music
  • Tenfey - November 18, 2010 8:57 p.m.

So when do we get a edgier GamesRadar?
  • gamingfreak - November 18, 2010 8:42 p.m.

Good list, but some of these aren't reboots.
  • tareq - November 18, 2010 8:25 p.m.

This is great!