• Kaltoria - July 29, 2010 6:27 a.m.

very surprised that the cerberus from fallout 3 isn't on here
  • Jadernader - July 29, 2010 3:19 a.m.

Iron Maiden was the scariest thing of RE4.... one gave me a huge bear hug n shot all its spikes thru my body.... yeah that killed me...
  • axelgarcia1 - November 1, 2009 4:16 a.m.

lol terrapin buttface and the crapyourpanticus lol
  • noobeater - November 1, 2009 12:51 a.m.

lol your vocabulary impresses me on a completely unrelated note reCAPTCHA scottish boning. hahahaha
  • deathrebellion - October 30, 2009 3:11 p.m.

this article cud actually go on and on and on,................. The classification names r soooooo funny =)) especially Terrapin BUTTFACE!!!!! :D
  • TheWebSwinger - October 30, 2009 4:48 a.m.

Wow. I just wanted to say that this is a really good, really well-researched article. Matt clearly knows his biology.
  • patri0t - October 30, 2009 1:44 a.m.

no fallout 3 centaurs?!?!
  • Smeggs - October 30, 2009 12:18 a.m.

I believe the Leapers tail would be used much like a spider-monkey's since its not very well adept for attacking. Grasping onto poles and other such protrusions in the destroyed confines of the Ishimura.
  • TrigunGunner - October 30, 2009 12:16 a.m.

umm.. in my opinion it seemed like towards the end, you guys drifted away from the professional motif you were aiming for at the beginning of the feature. It was still a good and funny feature, but you lost some of the humor and scientific vocabulary along the way
  • patriotfan09 - October 29, 2009 10:40 p.m.

@Xplosive: I agree, Centaurs are way freakier than Ghouls.
  • vitoruss - October 29, 2009 10:33 p.m.

Actually, Resi 4 had a lot of good horrifying creatures. Salazar's right hand, the Beserkers, and especially 'It'.
  • vitoruss - October 29, 2009 10:30 p.m.

Regenerators... scary shit right there. My friends and I would scream, and keep screaming, until we finally killed whatever one was chasing us. DMC had some pretty interesting creatures, like the 'nobodies'.
  • headcase - October 29, 2009 5:18 p.m.

This is a great article! So well-written and informative!
  • kor2disturbed - October 29, 2009 5:07 p.m.

I've never seen anything more disturbing than that effing turtle. At first I thought it wasn't ver creepy. But whn he turned around and it had tha human head ughhh.
  • MagicalSarai - October 29, 2009 2:40 p.m.

Where the heck is the Brood Mother from Dragon Age: Origins... if that thing isn't freaky... I don't know what is?
  • Dombers - October 29, 2009 12:50 p.m.

For best effects, read in a David Attenborough-style voice... Excellent article by the way...
  • VoodooPanda - October 29, 2009 11:01 a.m.

Where's the monsters from The Suffering? They are pretty freaky too. Some of them more than the ones in the list.
  • thomashalpenny - October 29, 2009 10:50 a.m.

The creepers from resistance?that levelin resistance 2 when your in the dark tunnel with the train carriages and the creeper eggs hatching randomly and then coming at you...scary shit!(sniggers)coming at you
  • Xplosive59 - October 29, 2009 10:34 a.m.

good article GR but i think you should of added the centaur from fallout cause its one of the creatures that makes you go "what the hell is that... is it human!"
  • caboose4400 - October 29, 2009 10:16 a.m.

god i hate the necromprphs the creepiest thing about them is that you can still see the ppls faces in them and the regeneraters screwed my whole game up trying to kill em was a pain in da ass