• alex-tennant-jayne - May 24, 2012 6:36 p.m.

Yes, the Wii has in fact sold more then the X360 or the PS3 (Not combined, but individually) You have to look at Nintendos marketting. They advertised it to families, not as much towards more involved gamers. Look at the games that have sold the most on that console, Wii Sports, Mario Kart Wii and Wii Sports Resort, top 3 of the Wii lineup as of last year. Mostly the family games, designed for everyone to play. So yes, the Wii has sold a lot, when you look at its specs, its a weaker system. I personally wont call it a game console till an actual serious video game comes out on it, more then just whatever franchise Nintendo keeps around forever till the end of time.
  • Cyberninja - May 24, 2012 7:43 p.m.

What would you consider a serious game because it has plenty of those on the console?
  • spankyj25 - May 24, 2012 7:56 p.m.

Clearly you are someone that has missed out on some of the best that the CONSOLE has to offer. Madworld is one of the better games I've played. How about Epic Mickey? Marumasa: The Demon Blade? Red Steel 2? Sin & Punishment? Okami? The No More Heroes games? I assure you that there are many others that I am forgetting, and I haven't mentioned a single one of the first-party titles that blow a lot of 360 and PS3 games out of the water(since you think they don't count) despite not having the benefit of fancy HD visuals. Is there a ton of shovel ware? Yes. Does that mean the Wii doesn't qualify as a game console? It certainly shouldn't.
  • LordEvan88 - May 24, 2012 7:02 p.m.

What about Silent Hill? A long running series that got handed off to a bunch of western devs and more or less driven into the ground.
  • cgriff63 - May 24, 2012 7:06 p.m.

best gamesradar article I've read in months. props, guys
  • MasterBP - May 24, 2012 9:59 p.m.

Just want to point out that developers that weren't Infinity Ward had stepped in to make Call of Duty games before 3, with Spark Unlimited making Finest Hour, and Treyarch making Rig Red One.
  • MasterBP - May 24, 2012 9:59 p.m.

Oh dear, I meant Big Red One.
  • talleyXIV - May 25, 2012 10:06 a.m.

I laughed so hard at Rig Red One, I don't know why.
  • StonedMagician99 - May 24, 2012 11:22 p.m.

• StonedMagician99 - May 24, 2012 11:24 p.m.

A really, really great article. However, I agree with LordEvan. The first 4 Silent Hills were all great, then along came Western developers, who (with the exception of Shattered Memories) have all but ruined the franchise's legacy. And to join this Other M argument, I thought it was okay. It certainly wasn't the best Metroid title, and the controls were clumsy more than a few times. It certainly got better near the end, though.
  • AshLynx - May 25, 2012 3:54 a.m.

We can't forget Nintendo's giving the reigns to the CD-i for you know what (aka one bad Mario game and the unholy Triforce) I'm not terribly fond of Spyro's new developers either (at least the last gen games) But then you get Ready At Dawn developing the God of War PSP games, now that was a good hand off, now those were some great games! Hard to believe Sony didn't actually make those PSP games themselves.
  • KielbasaNinja - May 25, 2012 6:14 a.m.

Any Chrome users out there unable to view the gallery?
  • archnite - May 27, 2012 11:45 a.m.

I can see it just fine...
  • BudaBaker - June 23, 2012 1:51 p.m.

Do you have the avg do not track thing? It was doing that to me.
  • accidentprone88 - May 25, 2012 7:43 a.m.

The original Deus Ex was never on the Xbox, it was on the the PS2.
  • Cloudiology - May 26, 2012 2:50 a.m.

My thoughts exactly!
  • MochaShakaKhan - May 26, 2012 3:26 a.m.

also pc obviously, first pc game i ever played.
  • GameManiac - May 25, 2012 9:58 a.m.

I've done my homework on Dinosaur Planet before I decided to play Star Fox Adventures. Dinosaur Planet was originally an N64 title, and supposedly one of the last AAA titles to grace the platform. The two main protagonists of that game were Sabre and Krystal, both raised by a wizard named Randorm. Randorm is Sabre's father and Krystal's adoptive father. Shigeru Miyamoto reviewed the content of this game and pondered how similar the anthropomorphic character designs of the game looked so similar to those in Star Fox. This led to him having the game reconfigured into Star Fox Adventures. Randorm was scrapped entirely and Sabre was replaced with Fox McCloud (due to striking similarities). Krystal's overall design changed from a 16-year-old orphaned feline to a 19-year-old orphaned vixen, who's primary role in the story was downgraded significantly. It really isn't a bad game, from what I've played and from the way you guys made it seem. It was actually the second-highest rated game in the series (according to Metacritic).
  • zombi3grim - May 25, 2012 1:45 p.m.

Duke Nukem doesnt seem that bad, its just retro. Its old and its mechanics are old.
  • FirLocke - May 26, 2012 10:25 a.m.

I haven't played them yet, but aren't the Mario RPGs made by Square Enix? Also Dragon Quest VIII was made by Level-5, I think. Also Persona 4 Arena is getting quite a big hand off to Arc System Works doing the game now, with Atlus themselves doing the story.
  • monk_on_the_run - May 27, 2012 4:15 a.m.

are you having a dig at the community then? Each game get's good reviews because reviewers are scared to criticise it for being 'samey'. Instead they are complimented for working upon a 'solid' structure.