We Recommend

• KA87 - May 24, 2012 3:12 p.m.

I think Metroids poor sales numbers were more a result of the failures of the Wii than the game itself. Lets be honest, we all think the Wii was an epic fail. The controls limited the types of games that were made for it and ultimately stopped major titles like Mass Effect and Skyrim from being released on it. Sure I love Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros, but they really did not have much else and I can't remenber the last time I said "I can't wait until that game comes out for the Wii".
  • RonnyLive19881 - May 24, 2012 3:18 p.m.

You don't make sense.
  • Cyberninja - May 24, 2012 3:28 p.m.

It was definitely the 5 different control methods that stopped the wii from getting a game that started as an exclusive and a game that would have been glitchy then usual on it. http://www.gamesradar.com/best-wii-games-all-time/ and look 23 games that aren't mario kart or Smash bros, and other M didn't horrible because its a bad game not because of the wii.
  • Cyberninja - May 24, 2012 3:29 p.m.

I meant it *did horrible because its a bad game
  • Nomado - May 24, 2012 4:40 p.m.

Idiot Wii was a major success eventough u fanboys still argue. It sold most among this generation consoles. How can u say Wii was failure. Go play ur all about graphic games
  • shawksta - May 24, 2012 4:46 p.m.

No its not, Metroid Prime 3 did Great and it was Wii Game, dont use it as an excuse to Bash the Wii
  • ohms - May 24, 2012 9:49 p.m.

What!? Because the system doesn't has ME and Skyrim means it is a failure? It's the best selling system in this generation. If Wii is the failed console in your description, what's the definitions of Xbox 360 and PS3 which sold less than it?
  • Nikku7 - May 25, 2012 2:03 a.m.

Any excuse to bash the Wii,right? I'm really sick of hearing people repeat this nonsense. If you don't think the wii has any "core gaming experiences" you're just not paying any attention to it.
  • talleyXIV - May 25, 2012 10:10 a.m.

Skyrim and Mass Effect could have come out for Wii, had they wanted to do ports for them. They aren't control restrictions, as Call of Duty did it, it wasn't pretty but it did happen. By the way, Metroid sold incredibly well not The Other M, that was all the developer's fault. They gave us something strange and a lot of people didn't like it. The Metroid Prime Trilogy however made a ton of money. And it deserves it. Metroid Prime 1, 2, & 3 are all fantastic games. The Wii has a vast amount of great games and almost all of them aren't terrible ports of Skyrim or Mass Effect thank God!
  • shawksta - May 24, 2012 3:17 p.m.

Retro definitly deserved the praise cause they revolutionized Metroid in new experience as Mario went to 3D platforming. For all its crap, Duke Nukem's overral Personality was freakin SOLID, too bad the gameplay couldnt be better :/
  • D0CCON - May 24, 2012 3:26 p.m.

I don't think 343 proved anything with CEA. The game received a very impressive HD overhaul, but Bungie's actual game was completely identical and the only changes were added skulls and terminals. The multiplayer maps had some slight changes, but they too were upscales instead of reinventions. I'm still excited for Halo 4 though.
  • alex-tennant-jayne - May 24, 2012 6:36 p.m.

Yes, the Wii has in fact sold more then the X360 or the PS3 (Not combined, but individually) You have to look at Nintendos marketting. They advertised it to families, not as much towards more involved gamers. Look at the games that have sold the most on that console, Wii Sports, Mario Kart Wii and Wii Sports Resort, top 3 of the Wii lineup as of last year. Mostly the family games, designed for everyone to play. So yes, the Wii has sold a lot, when you look at its specs, its a weaker system. I personally wont call it a game console till an actual serious video game comes out on it, more then just whatever franchise Nintendo keeps around forever till the end of time.
  • Cyberninja - May 24, 2012 7:43 p.m.

What would you consider a serious game because it has plenty of those on the console?
  • spankyj25 - May 24, 2012 7:56 p.m.

Clearly you are someone that has missed out on some of the best that the CONSOLE has to offer. Madworld is one of the better games I've played. How about Epic Mickey? Marumasa: The Demon Blade? Red Steel 2? Sin & Punishment? Okami? The No More Heroes games? I assure you that there are many others that I am forgetting, and I haven't mentioned a single one of the first-party titles that blow a lot of 360 and PS3 games out of the water(since you think they don't count) despite not having the benefit of fancy HD visuals. Is there a ton of shovel ware? Yes. Does that mean the Wii doesn't qualify as a game console? It certainly shouldn't.
  • LordEvan88 - May 24, 2012 7:02 p.m.

What about Silent Hill? A long running series that got handed off to a bunch of western devs and more or less driven into the ground.
  • cgriff63 - May 24, 2012 7:06 p.m.

best gamesradar article I've read in months. props, guys
  • MasterBP - May 24, 2012 9:59 p.m.

Just want to point out that developers that weren't Infinity Ward had stepped in to make Call of Duty games before 3, with Spark Unlimited making Finest Hour, and Treyarch making Rig Red One.
  • MasterBP - May 24, 2012 9:59 p.m.

Oh dear, I meant Big Red One.
  • talleyXIV - May 25, 2012 10:06 a.m.

I laughed so hard at Rig Red One, I don't know why.
  • StonedMagician99 - May 24, 2012 11:22 p.m.

A really, really great article. However, I agree with LordEvan. The first 4 Silent Hills were all great, then along came Western developers, who (with the exception of Shattered Memories) have all but ruined the franchise's legacy.