• alex-tennant-jayne - May 24, 2012 6:36 p.m.

Yes, the Wii has in fact sold more then the X360 or the PS3 (Not combined, but individually) You have to look at Nintendos marketting. They advertised it to families, not as much towards more involved gamers. Look at the games that have sold the most on that console, Wii Sports, Mario Kart Wii and Wii Sports Resort, top 3 of the Wii lineup as of last year. Mostly the family games, designed for everyone to play. So yes, the Wii has sold a lot, when you look at its specs, its a weaker system. I personally wont call it a game console till an actual serious video game comes out on it, more then just whatever franchise Nintendo keeps around forever till the end of time.
  • Cyberninja - May 24, 2012 7:43 p.m.

What would you consider a serious game because it has plenty of those on the console?
  • spankyj25 - May 24, 2012 7:56 p.m.

Clearly you are someone that has missed out on some of the best that the CONSOLE has to offer. Madworld is one of the better games I've played. How about Epic Mickey? Marumasa: The Demon Blade? Red Steel 2? Sin & Punishment? Okami? The No More Heroes games? I assure you that there are many others that I am forgetting, and I haven't mentioned a single one of the first-party titles that blow a lot of 360 and PS3 games out of the water(since you think they don't count) despite not having the benefit of fancy HD visuals. Is there a ton of shovel ware? Yes. Does that mean the Wii doesn't qualify as a game console? It certainly shouldn't.
  • D0CCON - May 24, 2012 3:26 p.m.

I don't think 343 proved anything with CEA. The game received a very impressive HD overhaul, but Bungie's actual game was completely identical and the only changes were added skulls and terminals. The multiplayer maps had some slight changes, but they too were upscales instead of reinventions. I'm still excited for Halo 4 though.
  • shawksta - May 24, 2012 3:17 p.m.

Retro definitly deserved the praise cause they revolutionized Metroid in new experience as Mario went to 3D platforming. For all its crap, Duke Nukem's overral Personality was freakin SOLID, too bad the gameplay couldnt be better :/
  • KA87 - May 24, 2012 3:12 p.m.

I think Metroids poor sales numbers were more a result of the failures of the Wii than the game itself. Lets be honest, we all think the Wii was an epic fail. The controls limited the types of games that were made for it and ultimately stopped major titles like Mass Effect and Skyrim from being released on it. Sure I love Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros, but they really did not have much else and I can't remenber the last time I said "I can't wait until that game comes out for the Wii".
  • RonnyLive19881 - May 24, 2012 3:18 p.m.

You don't make sense.
  • Cyberninja - May 24, 2012 3:28 p.m.

It was definitely the 5 different control methods that stopped the wii from getting a game that started as an exclusive and a game that would have been glitchy then usual on it. http://www.gamesradar.com/best-wii-games-all-time/ and look 23 games that aren't mario kart or Smash bros, and other M didn't horrible because its a bad game not because of the wii.
  • Cyberninja - May 24, 2012 3:29 p.m.

I meant it *did horrible because its a bad game
  • Nomado - May 24, 2012 4:40 p.m.

Idiot Wii was a major success eventough u fanboys still argue. It sold most among this generation consoles. How can u say Wii was failure. Go play ur all about graphic games
  • shawksta - May 24, 2012 4:46 p.m.

No its not, Metroid Prime 3 did Great and it was Wii Game, dont use it as an excuse to Bash the Wii
  • ohms - May 24, 2012 9:49 p.m.

What!? Because the system doesn't has ME and Skyrim means it is a failure? It's the best selling system in this generation. If Wii is the failed console in your description, what's the definitions of Xbox 360 and PS3 which sold less than it?
  • Nikku7 - May 25, 2012 2:03 a.m.

Any excuse to bash the Wii,right? I'm really sick of hearing people repeat this nonsense. If you don't think the wii has any "core gaming experiences" you're just not paying any attention to it.
  • talleyXIV - May 25, 2012 10:10 a.m.

Skyrim and Mass Effect could have come out for Wii, had they wanted to do ports for them. They aren't control restrictions, as Call of Duty did it, it wasn't pretty but it did happen. By the way, Metroid sold incredibly well not The Other M, that was all the developer's fault. They gave us something strange and a lot of people didn't like it. The Metroid Prime Trilogy however made a ton of money. And it deserves it. Metroid Prime 1, 2, & 3 are all fantastic games. The Wii has a vast amount of great games and almost all of them aren't terrible ports of Skyrim or Mass Effect thank God!
  • RonnyLive19881 - May 24, 2012 3:12 p.m.

I really liked Other M, my only gripe is how she has to have her weapons authorized... if it is hot just turn on your damn AC! I liked seeing how Samus dealt with facing Ridley emotionally, she had destroyed an entire planet hoping it would have put an end to his madness but it turns out it was all for nothing killing all the inhabitance was unnecessary. I found Ridley's origin fascinating too, never would have guessed that was him in the beginning!
  • RonnyLive19881 - May 24, 2012 3:17 p.m.

inhabitants*
  • shawksta - May 24, 2012 4:48 p.m.

Exactly, the game did a great job with the story, but i guess making Samus inferior and less of what she was is what made people talk trash otherwise i LOVE the game, ESPECIALLY RIDLEY
  • lemur - May 24, 2012 3:01 p.m.

I'm fine with the list but aren't you missing a really big one? How about Half-life? Not only are all the games good (never played decay so I can't talk for that one) but with all the build up for a sequel I was sure that it will be on this list.
  • lemur - May 24, 2012 3:02 p.m.

forget this comment, I forgot that this was a developer switch article
  • gilgamesh310 - May 24, 2012 2:59 p.m.

I fail to see what was ever so great about Tomb Raider Legend.It was really dumbed down from what it previously was. There was virtually no challenge to it and it featured lots of shitty shooting.
  • FanofSaiyan - May 24, 2012 2:09 p.m.

Insomniac handed the Spyro franchise over to Activision, so there's that. I'm rather surprised that Rare getting sold to Microsoft didn't make this list. Seeing as how that gave Microsoft rights to titles like Banjo-Kazooie, Conkur, Perfect Dark, and a lot of other memorable titles, this was a pretty big deal.