• ChristopherDalley - December 10, 2011 7:32 a.m.

Did anyone else forget InFamous 2 came out this year?
  • Sjoeki - December 10, 2011 7:32 a.m.

For me it's a coin flip between arkham city and portal 2, both were excellent and I still play them. Also really liked Deus Ex, Saints Row 3 and LA Noire. Uncharted 3 was a bit of a let down for me personally. Gameplay was good as always, but the story... come on. SPOILERS DOWN HERE (kinda): Sully: Maybe we shouldn't go there. Drake: But I want to go. Chloe: Is all of this really worth it? Drake: I wanna, I wanna, I wanna!!! Elena: Francis is warning us not to go. Drake: F*ck him! Sully: So was it worth it? Drake: This sucked and we got NOTHING out of this. Roll credits. Also IMO that Ross and Rachel crap from Drake and Elena is getting old.
  • HankVenture - December 10, 2011 7:24 a.m.

lol ole grim. I agree with Mikel and Cheryll though: 1>) Skyrim (because there is no other game out there that could actually get me to play it for over 100 hours and love every second of it) 2.)Portal 2 (Was just an exciting enjoyable game with no flaws) 3.)Batman:AC (Just a great game!) 4.)Saint Row: the 3rd (sorta fell short with gameplay, but no game has made me tear up from laughter until this one) 5.)Dead Space 2. (scared the living shit out of me and I loved it!! OMG when you have to do that thing with the needle F*CK goosebumbs) 6.)Halo C.E Ann. (I don't know how many hours I spent on the original and with the *better than reach* Multiplayer just NUT!) 7.)Dead Island (could have been a little bit better with I don't know more variety and lil kids to kill but still, fucking awesome) 8.) Bulletstorm (You can shoot mutated freaks nuts off.....) 9.) Crysis 2 ( I thought it was my favorite shooter just due to the lil tweaks you can do on the go, story lacked a bit) 10.) Metro 2033 I know it wasn't made this year but I couldn't think of any other games and I just bought it this year and loved the world and atmosphere even though it really needed a good fucking touche up on things
  • Odis - December 10, 2011 7:24 a.m.

No Assassin's Creed love? ADdmitedly, I haven't played it yet, but it's Assassin's Creed. I mean, come on. Anywho, while admittedly I haven't played many games on the list (cause of a lack of console and my parent's title control), I have been reading about them, and all of the games mentioned deserve to be praised. And Skyrim... absolutely mind blowing.
  • tacehtselrahc - December 10, 2011 7:17 a.m.

My top 5 for 2011 would be: 1. Skyrim 2. Portal 2 3. Deus Ex: Human Revolution 4. Batman Arkham City 5. Dirt 3
  • codystovall - December 10, 2011 7:05 a.m.

Fifa 12....srsly....guess its a better pick than....ssskyrim Go Keast! Love Batman.
  • slickmcwilly - December 10, 2011 6:59 a.m.

mike grimm, i think i love you
  • Canvas_Of_Flesh - December 10, 2011 6:55 a.m.

1) Portal 2 2) Shadows of the Damned 3) Resistance 3 4) Uncharted 3 5) Portal 2 6) Killzone 3 7) LA Noire 8) Dead Space 2 9) Crysis 2 10) Portal 2 To many damned sequels. I don't have any opinions to offer on Battlefield or MW as I usually wait to get those types for 20 dollars since I don't play multiplayer. I hated Oblivion so I won't be picking Skyrim up. I'm also waiting on Arkham City to come down in price.
  • mattersnotnow - December 10, 2011 6:51 a.m.

Bulletstorm & SotD! Woot Two of the biggest commercial flops are also some of my favourite games this year!
  • LEGOMatrix - December 10, 2011 6:37 a.m.

I'm disappointed that Xenoblade never made it onto the GOTY list for any of the UK guys at least... That was mine. Definitely better than Zelda IMO, and a very different experience to Mario 3D Land, which is a very close contender. It has to be the fact that I'd clocked up over 100 hours of play before I even looked at one of the many other games I had waiting, and even then Zelda sat for two days while I finished off Xenoblade. I hope it at least gets nominated next year after its US launch!
  • robinkurosaki - December 10, 2011 6 a.m.

i would have to say its Skyrim for me, i bought it not really hyped for it but just heard alot about it from my friend, i tell you summat i didnt look back, its blown me away tbh, i didnt expect it to be so good, its my most played game, the one i keep going back too and that says an awful lot about it considering i barely stick with a main game im playing for more then a week XD after skyrim i would probably have to say dark souls, that surprised me no end, its not like impossible skill hard as its the hard that you can get around and learn, and that for me is the beauty of it. i havent played deus ex yet but am getting for xmas, an arkham city i havent because im still yet to unseal asylum XD on a completely different note i hope i fall in love with gears, always had them but never played the main story really, yet i got the epic edition of 3 coming for my bday in jan :P cant see myself not liking it as i feel it wipes the floor with halo
  • soranamineforever - December 10, 2011 5:59 a.m.

No, I can very easily believe no one picked Modern Warfare 3, because the GamesRadar staff isn't composed of twats. I am somewhat suprised Deus Ex: Human Revolution didn't get any love, but what floored me is that 2 full people gave their GOTY awards to Super Mario 3D Land, keeping in mind Super Mario Galaxy 2 didn't get that honor last year. Its nice to know Nintendo hasn't been completely forgotten by sites that don't have the word 'Nintendo' in their names.
  • Y2Ken - December 10, 2011 5:57 a.m.

Still haven't gotten to everything this year, but I think right now it's probably (off the top of my head): 1) Skyrim 2) Bastion 3) Uncharted 3 4) Batman 5) Dead Space 2 6) Shadows of the Damned 7) Gears of War 3 8) LA Noire 9) Modern Warfare 3 10) Homefront Worth noting also though that the game I have played the most this year is Borderlands.
  • Unoriginal - December 10, 2011 5:51 a.m.

1. Arkham City 2. Skyrim 3. Skyward Sword 4. Dead Space 2 5. Portal 2
  • emeraldphoenix7 - December 10, 2011 5:44 a.m.

Take one look at my avatar and tell me what you think my GOTY is.
  • Stahlbrand - December 10, 2011 5:28 a.m.

Not love for Dark Souls? 1. Skyrim 2. Dark Souls 3. Deus Ex: HR 4. Saints Row the Third 5. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 I own but haven't seriously played The Witcher 2, I know I'll love Arkham City when I get to it, and my brother and I are exchanging BF3 for Xmas. Captcha Nuku'Alofa huthotut
  • winner2 - December 10, 2011 5:27 a.m.

So far, for me it's Skyrim all the way. But i'm thinking i'll get Dark Souls for christmas and Demons souls was indescribably awesome in its own way. So i'm not really sure but my pick may or may not change...
  • Clovin64 - December 10, 2011 5:13 a.m.

Damn, I REALLY need to play Super Mario 3D Land... My heart says Mass Effect 2 (which only came out for PS3 in January, henceforth my first chance to play it), but TECHNICAllY its not a new release, so I'll go for teh Skyrimz.
  • Hipopapotamus - December 10, 2011 4:34 a.m.

1) Skyrim 2) Ocarina of Time 3D 3) FIFA 12 4) MW3 5) Street Fighter 4 3D
  • chrisantistas2inchpenis - December 10, 2011 3:53 a.m.

1) Skyrim 2) Arkham City 3) Deus Ex 4) Portal 2 (probably only number 4 because it was out so much earlier) 5) FIFA 12