We Recommend

• gondarpwns - January 4, 2012 8:41 p.m.

I agrre with most of u except on GoW3 it was amazing. Sure it didnt feel as important in the story as 1&2 but beside that fact MP is the best one i have played other than BF3. Not the same thing like MW, even though its not bad I own it.
  • kingsmikefan - January 4, 2012 10:01 p.m.

well, they both talked about how the game's SINGLE PLAYER disappointed them. Apparently that's what they wanted. I did too. And I had the same reaction
  • MasterBhater - January 4, 2012 8:41 p.m.

My personal choice for most disappointing? UNCHARTED 3: DRAKE'S DECEPTION I wanted that game so bad. Greg I'm-A-Sony-Fanboy Miller had given it a ten. Out of ten. I thought it was going to be my favorite gaming experience of this year, at least the ratings said it should. Instead, I found a game with repetitive, unrealistic gunplay, with enemies that appeared seemingly out of nowhere, all looking the same. A story with more plot holes than swiss cheese, one that had so many similarities to Among Thieves that I nearly checked the disc to see I had the right game, and to top it all off it was short, mind-numbingly short, replaced by a multiplayer component that, while it was fun, still didn't deserve the attention it got. For shame, Uncharted. For shame.
  • DualWieldingIsNotFeasible - January 4, 2012 8:33 p.m.

How can anyone defend Gears 3? It's not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, but the 4-player co-op really did cripple it. I loved the first 2 games, but 3 was simply not as good as either of them. The campaign lacked any kind of narrative structure or central plot device and came to the least satisfying conclusion since Halo 2. And, yes, I was really sad when Dom died, but killing a likable character is a lazy, lazy, LAZY way to add gravitas to a story.
  • MasterBhater - January 4, 2012 8:43 p.m.

Why are all these people s****ing on Gears 3's STORY? Who the hell plays Gears for the campaign when the multiplayer was some of the most polished stuff I've played in years?
  • BaraChat - January 4, 2012 8:23 p.m.

Mine would be Crysis 2. The single-player campaign wasn't bad at all, if not particularly original. In fact I played it twice and I very rarely do that in FPS games. The main problem is the multiplayer. I don't know how it is on PC/360, but on PS3 it was extremely frustrating. I was so disappointed with it, as much as I forced myself to play it and tried to ignore the problems. Couldn't do it, multi was broken. I do hope for regular players that some patches resolved most of the issues, but it definitely lost me.
  • BaraChat - January 4, 2012 8:26 p.m.

I just re-read my comment and realized it was kinda hard to understand... I'm sorry. The point is : Crysis 2's MP was astonishingly disappointing.
  • MetroidPrimeRib - January 4, 2012 8:20 p.m.

Dragon Age II and Duke Nukem Forever not present? And Catherine was one of the best games of the year. You're reasons that you didn't like it being "it was a puzzle game and that I don't like being forced to choose"
  • LegendofZenda - January 4, 2012 9:29 p.m.

God forbid someone is allowed to have an opinion. Are you telling people they aren't allowed to dislike things for their own reasons now? Your precious user metacritic score sits at 7.2. If by your own admission these scores are important, how can this game be one of the best of the year?
  • MetroidPrimeRib - January 4, 2012 11:05 p.m.

Because niche games tend to not be popular.
  • CombatWombat101 - January 5, 2012 9:22 a.m.

Actually if I read the section correctly (which I did), the reasons for disliking it were "Sliding block puzzles are boring,"(Let's not kid ourselves here, that's a valid statement) and "I don't like being forced to choose between two characters that are both massive stereotypes." See how actually writing out the entire thought that was expressed makes your comment look ignorant and downright stupid?
  • GamesRadarCharlieBarratt - January 5, 2012 10:18 a.m.

• MetroidPrimeRib - January 5, 2012 12:17 p.m.

The sliding block puzzles had an edge to them on the harder difficulties and the characters evolved over time, like any characters do. I assume you played the game Right
  • CombatWombat101 - January 6, 2012 1:23 p.m.

Could the "edge" also be described as "being something other than sliding block puzzles?" If not, this conversation needs to go no further.
  • MetroidPrimeRib - January 6, 2012 2:24 p.m.

I assume you played the game Right
  • CombatWombat101 - January 6, 2012 4:33 p.m.

That's what I thought.
  • MetroidPrimeRib - January 6, 2012 5:52 p.m.

So you didn't play the game, and you want me to explain the reasons of a game I did play to you, a guy who didn't play the game, while you tell me reasons a game you didn't play is bad Even though you didn't play it
  • CombatWombat101 - January 6, 2012 8:56 p.m.

Actually, what I'm saying is sliding block puzzles will be boring for all eternity, no matter what game they are stuffed into. Assuming someone needs to play a specific game to be turned off by sliding block puzzles is frankly retarded. Also I would love for you to explain exactly how the characters "evolve over time," because nothing I've read gives any indication that this is actually the case. To be honest it really just sounds like a fanboy sticking up for the beautiful misunderstood niche game.
  • Slayer11496 - January 4, 2012 8:17 p.m.

i think AC:Revelations let me down a bit. But guys? Really you didn't enjoy Gear's 3? It has solid multiplayer(all four modes of it), an Epic (mind the pun) story that made most people cry, and some of the best fanservice around considering all the special playlists and DLC. What's not to love? PS: nothing being generated with that gaming engine looks bland
  • kingsmikefan - January 4, 2012 9:55 p.m.

Who cried at Gears 3's campaign? Oh yeah, people who have never encountered a superbly written story with textured characters. Gears doesn't have those.