• garnsr - February 6, 2014 4:58 p.m.

The Suikoden games have little bits about each of the 108+ characters, so if you mixed and matched all the possibilities for who you found and didn't, you'd have a huge number. I'd think that would be cheating, really, but it is a possibility.
  • soren7550 - February 6, 2014 4:54 p.m.

Now, for Mass Effect, are you only counting the Extended Cut endings, or do you include the vanilla endings as well?
  • Talvari - February 6, 2014 4:46 p.m.

FFXIII-2 had a 8 "what if [X] happened" endings as well as an extension to the canon ending if you collect all the fragments in the game. Not really sure if the "what if" endings count here but I thought it was cool either way. I completely forgot how many endings RE had though xD I have the guide and vaguely remember there being a bunch of pages at the end dedicated to them. Cool article :D
  • Hipster_Archimedes - February 6, 2014 4:46 p.m.

Jason!
  • BladedFalcon - February 6, 2014 4:53 p.m.

...Good point, Heavy rain actually has quite a good amount of endings per character, some are similar, but most are fairly different.
  • Howletx - February 6, 2014 4:42 p.m.

UMvC3 has 51 endings, if you die, and give up, Galactus has an ending himself ;)
  • JMarsella09 - February 6, 2014 4:39 p.m.

As an avid Persona fan, allow me to state that Persona 4 has 4 endings. The Golden has 5.
  • joshua-lapensee - February 6, 2014 4:36 p.m.

you missed chrono cross
  • BladedFalcon - February 6, 2014 4:28 p.m.

Shouldn't putting MvC3 as an example kind of cheating though? I mean, by that logic then most fighting games with other 30 characters (And there's plenty of those) should be in this list... Specially because some, like most Tekken games have better endings per character, if only because those are fully animated CGI cut-scenes and not just a couple of screen-shots and text per character. Also not sure how fair is to count games like Resident Evil or Mass Effect 3 for that amount of different endings if many of them simply boil down to a mix and match of the same elements of the ending (Example: Jill ending in which Barry dies and Rebbecca survives, Chris ending in which Barry also dies and Rebeca survives.)
  • reach110 - February 6, 2014 5 p.m.

I'm with you on this one. Some cheap entries in this list here. MvC3? Really? I was under the impression that Alternate Ending meant something other than just differing combinations of the same 20-some-odd segments. I would have thought games like Silent Hill would have ended up here.