• ObliqueZombie - August 2, 2011 7:07 a.m.

/thinkingovergettingthese. Wait, no! Must save up what money I have left and buy other games... but so cheap... UUGH!
  • ichigoame - August 2, 2011 7:35 a.m.

that earth defence game is what Gantz should be should they make a next gen game of it
  • Y2Ken - August 2, 2011 8:06 a.m.

I'm going to go with Bastion. I was really looking forward to Catherine what with it coming from Persona team, but it just had a few too many gripes between the puzzles getting a little repetitive, Vincent's actions not altering enough depending on the path you're taking, and some off the mechanics like the texting system being a cool idea that sadly just ended up getting in the way of the gameplay and story. Bastion on the other hand just got better and better, everytime I thought I knew how it was going to go it turned around and surprised me, whether with a plot twist, crazy level or new design element. Definitely GOTM for my money.
  • avantguardian - August 2, 2011 8:34 a.m.

"Goddamn bugs whacked us Vincent." -catherine
  • statutoryreparez - August 2, 2011 12:46 p.m.

Catherine is definatly my game of the month, im going through playthrough 2 now
  • HereComesTheHypeTrainCHOOCHOO - August 2, 2011 1:29 p.m.

You can definitely see who wears the pants in the US offices (hint: rhymes with "smells like pizza"). I'd like to see the UK team do a monthly Game of the Month article as well, just to see what their thoughts are.
  • philipshaw - August 2, 2011 2:54 p.m.

I think the winner and runner-up should swap places
  • Errrrbo - August 2, 2011 7:17 p.m.

Seriously? EDF over Catherine? Catherine is one of the most unique and brilliant games I've played this console generation, no way does EDF beat that. And yes, I've beaten EDF. But hey, that's my opinion.
  • JBizFoShiz - August 2, 2011 8 p.m.

I sincerely hope Catherine sells well. I don't want another Shadows of the Damned case to happen to it.
  • Cloud1Fair3 - August 4, 2011 3:55 p.m.

I'm gonna call GR out on this one and say Catherine over EDF:IA. But to be fair I haven't played EDF:IA. However, Catherine was one of the most refreshing, interesting, and addicting games I have played in a long fucking time. That's including many of my favorite games like God of War 3 or Dead Space 2. While those games rocked I haven't made a happier day 1 $60 drop in a long, long time. So, I give Catherine a 10 for sheer addictiveness, especially co-op or vs.