• festafreak - May 27, 2010 7:44 p.m.

I own this game as part of Super Mario All stars on the snes. This game is really hard! It took me years to beat. I hate mario, used to always pick Luigi, then I thought Princess was the best, but then I finally saw the light and now always use Toad.
  • kompressorlogik - May 27, 2010 7:32 p.m.

I absolutely love the SMB 2 medley that the Minibosses did, especially when they hit the ending theme. Shit's good.
  • Strangleme - May 27, 2010 1:20 p.m.

Fuck yea!! Excellent choice Chris!!
  • Modroneman - May 27, 2010 12:39 p.m.

How proper! After such a great Super Mario 2 article.
  • rxb - May 27, 2010 12:02 p.m.

Well found, the MIDI madness section is sweet.
  • mastersworded - May 27, 2010 11:47 a.m.

I always assumed those first twenty seconds would just repeat. Good post!
  • philipshaw - May 27, 2010 10:01 a.m.

I like that you are showcasing some bad music now
  • buckybantam - May 27, 2010 8:49 a.m.

Toad all the way for me as well. And while the music was pretty average for this game, the simple yet pretty melody of the final credits theme (when Mario wakes up and realises it was all a dream) sticks in my mind to this very day.
  • MetalGearFlaccid - May 27, 2010 4:32 a.m.

I'm hoping for a Dirge of Cerberus GMOTD at some point. The game was not good, but the music was fucking GENIUS.
  • Tenfey - May 27, 2010 3:09 a.m.

Back in the day when I used to rent this game, I would leave the character select screen up for like an hour and just rock out (with or without my cock out). It's balling out of control.
  • SonicofBoom - May 27, 2010 3:02 a.m.

Is there an easy way to find all the old GMotDs? I tried the find a game search bar but could only find a dozen or so.
  • powerpc127 - May 27, 2010 2:48 a.m.

Well of course you played Toad because Toad gets all the BITCHES!! watch?v=Jbs8qb6CU7g I think I heard about that from Talkradar actually...
  • Nocens - May 27, 2010 1 a.m.

I usually used Toad also, he could get the most coins for the slots, and I always enjoyed playing the slots the most. Might have to load it up again and see how many lives I can get now.
  • Ampatent - May 27, 2010 12:15 a.m.

I'm commenting because you asked us to! =D Yay!Effort!
  • CH3BURASHKA - May 26, 2010 11:52 p.m.

The "drum" parts of that track sound like tin foil crackling. Still awesome, tho.
  • Grolsch - May 26, 2010 11:09 p.m.

i want this played at my funeral because you can't spell funeral without FUN, and that is exactly what this music is.
  • GamesRadarChrisAntista - May 26, 2010 11:08 p.m.

Strangely enough, I usually played with Toad for a majority of the game. That's something I can promise will never happen again. Glad to see people love the game, especially considering I've always assumed the opposite. @Ded + @Straygator You think Elston would miss an opportunity to talk about Advance Wars?! I think it was one of the first GMotDs he ever did: http://www.gamesradar.com/f/game-music-of-the-day-advance-wars-dual-strike/a-20100323131637742059
  • Sensationo - May 26, 2010 11:02 p.m.

This is one of those songs I love, I used to mess with one of my buddies when we would play games. I would just set there next to him singing out the sounds from this song. Of course he would lose it laughing giving me the advantage to win, or getting us killed in co-op. Some times I would say "choose a player" like the gba version would. Except, I would say "Choose a Playa" much like Booker T from WCW would do. Then proceed to name off random names from games. Beautiful work on this one my fine work gent, fine work.
  • screwball08247 - May 26, 2010 10:55 p.m.

Hey, I remember this. I would sit there and listen to the entire thing before choosing a character.
  • StrayGator - May 26, 2010 10:44 p.m.

I think Advance Wars already had it's mention in past GMOTD (or one game in the series at least).