• shyfonzie - July 1, 2010 6:08 p.m.

pretty to my ears
  • BodyDamage - June 30, 2010 3:19 p.m.

awesome game, awesome song. love it
  • philipshaw - June 30, 2010 11:40 a.m.

I have never played this game but the music sounds awesome,great pick as always Brett
  • toastile - June 30, 2010 5:28 a.m.

Wow, Prophecy is really cool.
  • goochbiscuit - June 30, 2010 3:49 a.m.

I wish I played this game back in the day. As a younger gamer I was really picky about the games I played, and I was not a fan of RPGs until later. I wish myself now could meet my young self then and kick his ass, because looking back now I realized I missed out on a lot of great games, such as this one. Didn't need to have played it then to realize the soundtrack is still amazing now. Great choice Brett, keep up the awesome work.
  • CoolBowling - June 30, 2010 2:23 a.m.

Always wanted to play this but never got around to it. Maybe now I'll get to since it's coming to iphone
  • RebornKusabi - June 30, 2010 2:05 a.m.

I seriously really loved this and Secret of Evermore back in the day. In fact, ironically due to the fact that I just played both of them in the last month, I recently got a hold of a used copy of both this game and Evermore and still really loved them. The music for this game was also definitely a high-point as well.
  • sailcat - June 30, 2010 1:20 a.m.

Decided to delurk for this, my favorite game soundtrack (and one of my favorite games). Glad it's now been featured.
  • bugmenot - June 30, 2010 12:59 a.m.

Secret of Mana Music is just beautiful and the tracks that are not are insanely awesome. Who could forget the battle music. As for remixes, please don't forget the EPIC 20 minute multi piano medley from Rexy: Reign of the Mana Sword (Mana for Four Pianos) Download or stream here: http://www.bossies.org/DoD_Archive/(05-11)%20November%20%2705%20-%20Mana%20Month/03-Rexy-Mana-Reign%20of%20the%20Mana%20Sword%20(Mana%20for%20Four%20Pianos)-DoD.mp3 Homepage of the artist Rexy with more awesome piano game music: http://rexy.vgpiano.com
  • Cleanser247 - June 30, 2010 12:08 a.m.

Beautiful, I enjoyed this Brett. The music, I find, is quite relaxing, kind of like Blue Lightning, and Jeremy Soule's work. Keep up the good work Brett!
  • 510BrotherPanda - June 30, 2010 12:08 a.m.

I wasn't into the Final Fantasy or other Square stuff back on SNES, but that "Prophecy" song gave my brain shivers.
  • Eigh7Bit - June 29, 2010 10:56 p.m.

Whenever I loaded up SOM for the SNES I knew that awesome music awaited me.
  • Shrimpandwhitewine - June 29, 2010 10:38 p.m.

I was playing this game with my sister's boyfriend a few months ago - great soundtrack.
  • garnsr - June 29, 2010 10:36 p.m.

3D Dot Game Heroes may be the most similar game for anyone who isn't old enough to know Secret of Mana. I wish I still had it, I get the urge to play through it again every now and then. It's great hearing the music in the background of the Talkradars, though it seems like you use it pretty often.
  • GamesRadarBrettElston - June 29, 2010 10:02 p.m.

@Enraged You directly control your character and attacks, so it's not unlike Kingdom Hearts in that regard. No turn based stuff, but you can freeze the action onscreen by bringing up your radial menus for spells and items and such. Forgot to mention it's coming to iPhone!
  • SCRubS77 - June 29, 2010 9:43 p.m.

Thank God for Game Music of the Day. I am new to this game music..."community"...? "scene"...? Whatever you call it, keep these comin', they are fleshing out my music library nicely.
  • Modroneman - June 29, 2010 9:40 p.m.

One of the greatest SNES titles of all time! Still have my boxed copy and strategy guide, both in pristine condition. Always appreciate rockin' to the 'oldies!' Thanks for this!
  • EnragedTortoise1 - June 29, 2010 9:37 p.m.

What is this game like, exactly? An Action RPG like Zelda, or more of a Chrono Trigger-style game?
  • awsomemaster - June 29, 2010 9:30 p.m.

oops sorry about the colonial afar part i thought i was putting in the recaptcha.
  • awsomemaster - June 29, 2010 9:29 p.m.

@JohnDagger amencolonial afar