Topics

Game music

We Recommend

• MrSuitMan - July 20, 2010 11:31 p.m.

A Final Fantasy VII best song entry that's not One-Winged Angel? Yes. Speaking of something tangently related to SquareEnix, how come there hasn't been anything for Dragon Quest VIII yet? Or at least Dragon Queset in general?
  • StrayGator - July 20, 2010 8:42 p.m.

Waaaaaaaa spoilarz! :( captcha: briefly mediterranean. hmm, not planning on relocating soon. still, how did they know?
  • ensabahnur - July 20, 2010 7:20 p.m.

One of the few game albums i actually own and have to fully agree with you as a choice of music of the day. Nice one Tyler
  • Modroneman - July 20, 2010 4:54 p.m.

Great selection. Anything from the Final Fantasy library of music belongs!
  • Tenfey - July 20, 2010 3:58 p.m.

Gotta say that Cait Sith's theme is definitely Final Fantasy VII's most ballin music.
  • nighthawk205 - July 20, 2010 12:42 p.m.

Spoilers ahead matey! Although hopefully everyone has already played this game so it doesn't matter much. @Conman93: The Temple of the Ancients itself is a piece of black materia. To obtain it, there has to be someone inside the temple near the model of itself (or is it a mini temple that's actually the temple? When they touch the model the whole temple that they're in shakes) to essentially activate it. Once the whole process is done, the temple is left as the black materia and Cait Sith was inside because he was the one who chose to sacrifice himself. It's all a pretty sad scene until you think that it's simply a robot and a giant puppet. And then following the whole scene with Sephiroth, a new model of Cait Sith is sent to meet up with everyone.
  • JayBeat - July 20, 2010 11:50 a.m.

Great choice :)
  • Conman93 - July 20, 2010 11 a.m.

Yay I loved FFVII's soundtrack. U said Cait Sith 'sacrificed' himself. How did he do that. I remember him going down to get the black materia but he was still around after. Was it a second robot or something else. Can someone fill me in!
  • philipshaw - July 20, 2010 10:21 a.m.

This is a great song from a excellent soundtrack, my favorite song is still the intro theme at the start of the FF7
  • rooster2814 - July 20, 2010 7:04 a.m.

the turks from FFVII have one of of my favorite themes in any game
  • The1eye - July 20, 2010 6:14 a.m.

Forgot about that one. Probably because i didnt like the charachter. But the music brought back great memories.
  • nyef - July 20, 2010 6:12 a.m.

... my nostalgia senses are tingling... wait... those are just chocobos :P
  • 510BrotherPanda - July 20, 2010 3:23 a.m.

Seeing as Tyler was the one who promoted sneaky but endearing cat-type Meowth recently in the Pokemon podcast, I find this as no surprise. He sure likes his streetwise city type felines, that Tyler.
  • juicenpancakes - July 20, 2010 1:44 a.m.

I don't care how much crap this game gets about it being overrated, the game and music are brilliant. Thank you Tyler.
  • conchking - July 20, 2010 12:58 a.m.

Wow this is really great, it feels to me that you are going down a back aley when all of a sudden you get jumped or something. I need this as my ring tone.
  • WillisTron - July 20, 2010 12:56 a.m.

FFVII had some REALLY excellent songs
  • GamesRadarTylerNagata - July 20, 2010 12:53 a.m.

Hehe :D
  • nighthawk205 - July 20, 2010 12:50 a.m.

Haha I'm just kidding. This is one of the better songs in the game and it's in a very different direction than the rest of the Final Fantasy songs. In my opinion though, there are some better tunes in the game. @cyberninja: They haven't repeated a game yet and they've said that they're going to try not to repeat games if they don't have to.
  • GamesRadarTylerNagata - July 20, 2010 12:35 a.m.

@nighthawk205 too bad for you.
  • Cyberninja - July 20, 2010 12:34 a.m.

nighthawk205 you know they can have the same game twice right?