• db1331 - October 1, 2011 9:59 a.m.

Yup, it was a horrible month for games. LOL @ people arguing over these two titles. It reminds me of the South Park episode where the kids had to choose between a turd sandwich and a giant douche for the school mascot.
  • bass88 - October 1, 2011 10:11 a.m.

Out of curiosity, what games do you like? Not trying to start anything, just curious.
  • db1331 - October 1, 2011 3:11 p.m.

Any console FPS is trash. Same goes for any game with brown or gray space marines shooting brown or gray aliens from behind brown or gray cover. I like all kinds of games. I finally got around to beating GTA IV a few hours ago (not as good as San Andreas, but OK overall), I made some serious headway in Demon's Souls this morning, also killed a couple more Colossi in the SotC HD remake. Right now I'm looking at my list of around 70 Steam games deciding what I feel like playing for a bit before going out to dinner. It could be Jade Empire, Darksiders, or maybe even my Dead Space nightmare run. Contrary to what a lot of kids on this site think, I love all types of games on all types of platforms. But when I don't have something nice to say about an over-comercialized, hollow piece of garbage like Gears 3, people get all butthurt and call me a PC elitist.
  • avantguardian - October 1, 2011 4:03 p.m.

that's what's so hilarious! NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT GEARS 3. you only THINK they do. it just cracks me up. also, i don't have either game, but i also have no need to just mindlessy troll them. and wow shamelessly trying to list off your gamer cred really is a new low! (i realize dude asked you a question, but it reads like a generic "all games that are hardcore approved" list. notice no black ops...) and i believe YOU were the first person that i ever read refer to YOURSELF as a pc elitest. you've also said it many, many times. oh, and just a notice to anyone who enjoyed goldeneye/perfect dark, medal of honor, timesplitters, halo, metroid prime, etc. sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but those games are trash. db1331 said so.
  • db1331 - October 1, 2011 7:32 p.m.

I haven't played Ops in weeks because it's stale, especially with the BF3 beta out. That's why I didn't mention it. It's not even that good a game to be honest. The single player campaign was pretty bad. The multiplayer was a nice change from BC2. And you think I'm listing off hardcore titles to sound cool? Look me up on PSN and check out the Demon's Souls trophies I got this morning. I'll give you my crappy GFWL info if you want to verify that I beat GTA IV today too. Come at me bro.
  • avantguardian - October 2, 2011 3:31 a.m.

come at me bro? is that some east coast bullsh*t or something? and stale after 500 hours?! in a game that's "not even that good"! GTFO! back on topic; you seem to misunderstand. i don't care what you think or do. i just hate your trolling, and i love GR. it's the only sight i frequent, let alone comment on. i would say your man-child-anonymous-internet-antagonist-sociopathy-oozing schtick isn't necessary or welcome, but alas, the cosmos and its inherent sense of balance won't let me. that doesn't mean i won't call you out on your sh*t from time to time. oh, and p.s.: looking you up on psn or anywhere else rates just below stabbing myself repeatedly in the eye with a spork while listening to ani difranco cover jack johnson on repeat;)
  • Teaspoon - October 2, 2011 12:49 p.m.

@avantguardian I went through the process of resetting my password just to say that I think that you are a complete dickwad for picking on this 'db1331' guy. Someone asked him what kind of games he liked and he answered -- and although he did it in a rather arrogant manner, bashed R3 and Gears 3 in his OP and uses petty 'check my trophies on PSN' crap to argue -- I don't see what he said to you, other than his own opinions, to get you to target him with your angry rage cake. Do you know what the comments are for? They are for opinions. Take in other people's opinions, and they will take in yours. Trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls. That is all.
  • avantguardian - October 2, 2011 2:25 p.m.

lol, @picking on db1331. you must not frequent this sight. yes the comments are for sharing opinions, ideas, etc. db1331 constantly uses them to belittle others choices in games, platform etc. believe me, it took months for me to say anything to him in the first place. i don't think you understand the breadth of what's going on here. its not about R3 or GoW3. it's about people using the internet to fulfill their dickish cool guy fantasies. just go back his original post. what was even the purpose of that? to stir the pot, that is all. its not constructive, its just trolling, and frankly, i've had enough. if he keeps doing it, i'll keep calling him on it. if he stops, well, then my beef disappears with him. why you feel the need to try and defend his nonsense is beyond me (other than maybe seeing how terrible he is at defending himself), but hey, to each their own. but if you think i'm just trolling this kid, well...
  • db1331 - October 3, 2011 6:19 a.m.

What is there to defend myself from? Some kid nerd-raging at two sentences I posted on the internet? I guess I had better stop posting, I don't want you to have beef with me. If I think something sucks, I'll say it sucks. I don't care whose feelings I hurt. @Teaspoon I could not care less about my PSN trophies. I have never actively pursued a trophy or achievement, and never will. Someone asked me what games I liked, so I told him three games I was currently playing. Then some angry kid said I just named them to sound hardcore, so I told him he could look it up if he didn't believe me. Then, in true angry kid fashion, he just stuck his fingers in his ears and screamed louder.
  • Teaspoon - October 3, 2011 8:08 a.m.

@db1331 Want some more of my insight? Saying anything about trophies or achievements and then telling someone to look it up as proof puts you in the category of "insolent retard who's probably 12" in the eyes of every gamer everywhere. If you don't like that label, the best thing to do is to not say anything.
  • Teaspoon - October 3, 2011 8:01 a.m.

Reading your 'insight' is just horrible. It's like a 3 year old has barfed some words on my screen and then expects me to take it in consideration. If you want me to take you seriously then maybe you should stop mashing your head against your keyboard. But I digress. "its not about R3 or GoW3. it's about people using the internet to fulfill their dickish cool guy fantasies." Oh, so just like how you are fulfilling your 'dickish cool guy fantasy' by arguing with this douchebag, huh? He may have stirred the pot with his OP, but all you are doing is stirring it some more. You will be happier if you ignore his existence.
  • Lucas - October 3, 2011 8:27 p.m.

Well i guess you just got "trolled" on by db1331.....
  • Zolty717 - October 1, 2011 11:18 p.m.

I don't like certain types of games, as well. But, god damn, I really hope I don't sound like you when I talk about them. You really sound like an jerk.
  • avantguardian - October 2, 2011 12:56 a.m.

this^
  • SOLAMON77 - October 2, 2011 7:51 p.m.

You start your message with the blanket claim that "Any console FPS is trash" and then close it by questioning why people are calling you a PC elitist? Are you serious or just trying to troll people?
  • pimpdaddie - October 2, 2011 4:04 p.m.

STFU u faggot nerd, go and die in your mother's basement you overweight piece of horse excrement. GO out and have dinner my left nut, go eat your pizza pocket piece of sh!t
  • bass88 - October 3, 2011 4:23 a.m.

@db1331 Thanks for telling me what games you like. And I'm sorry for the comments thrown in your direction. That wasn't my intention. That said, your comments do carry an air of arrogance to them. You do seem to trash a lot of console shooters despite PC games carrying the same flaws. I know PC is better graphics but many (including myself) like to sit on the couch to play games. It's more comfortable than hunched over a desk. In case you are wondering, I like racing games and arcade style games. I enjoy shooters and RPGs but only if they carry good writing (which is why I will always carry a torch for Kane & Lynch despite shoddy gameplay) or more arcade in tone (Outrun 2006 or Sega Rally (Revo)). @avantguardian As I mentioned above, I do believe that db1331 is somewhat arrogant. However, your comments towards him were unnecessary. I asked him what games he liked and he answered. Even if he is an "arrogant twat", they was no reason for you to stoop down to that level. I understand he irked you but reading back over the comments, you're not doing any favours for yourself either. BTW, I'm sorry for sounding like a stern mother. you should learn to love your enemies. It really pisses them off. @pimpdaddie It's nice to know, that in today's hectic lifestyle, you can still find people who have the time to humiliate themselves in public.
  • bass88 - October 1, 2011 9:58 a.m.

For the love of God, will you all calm down. First off, they didn't say Gears3 was poor. They felt that overall, R3 is a bit better. And not just because R3 was the best in the series as many of you accuse GamesRadar of doing. They mention it in the article. They found that R3 "dials up everything: devastating guns, amazing pacing, tremendous set-pieces, an involvingly moody story and a lovely sheen of polish." Whereas Gears3 had an "occasionally underwhelming campaign". Plus, it's not like they called Gears3 terrible. In fact, they called it "awesome". No need to complain about that. Now that I'm finished on that, I'm glad to see R3 get the top spot. I always considered the series to be the better of the modern shooter bunch (well the first one more than the second). The War Of The Worlds style setting is spectacular, the weapons are clever and great fun to use, can be very scary at times, and while the AI is a bit dumb it works wonders for me as I love the run and gun approach (I'm more into old-school shooters).
  • avantguardian - October 1, 2011 9:50 a.m.

it's funny how things come full circle. i never thought i would read an article lauding the use of health packs in 2011. you know, in a few years (halo 4 maybe), there's going to be a game that turns the whole shooter genre on its head by allowing you to crouch behind cover to "regenerate" your health. i know it sounds weird, but trust me, you'll love it;) also, did anyone else hate the tedium of collecting ammo cartridges in mass effect 2? it seemed strange to add it after it wasn't in ME1. it adds tension! no, not really. just makes you scavenge the post-battle grounds, effectively clamping the pacing's nuts. just my opinion though.
  • KielbasaNinja - October 1, 2011 7:33 a.m.

Cool article GR, ignore the haters.
  • BigDaddyWaffle - October 1, 2011 4:24 a.m.

Both games are arguably the best in their respective series. Take it from someone whose played both. It should have been a tie.
  • Sandman89 - October 1, 2011 3:55 a.m.

Revenge of the Sith was the best in the prequel trilogy, and Return of the Jedi wasnt the best in the original trilogy, so RotS>RotJ Half life 2 episode 1 isnt the best half life, but Kane and Lynch is arguably better than 1, so Kane n lynch 2> Hl2 ep1 Transformers1 is > 2 and 3, but Godfather 3 < 1,2. So transformers> godfather 3 Damn i could go on and on. And guys just calling people who complain in the comments "haters" are pathetic. The comments section is given specifically for people to voice their opinion on the article, not blindly go "cool article GR, ignore the haters"
  • Redeater - October 1, 2011 9:21 a.m.

I agree with most of your comments but I really hope you made a mistake about ROTJ. There is no way in hell that Sith was even close to Jedi. Sith was the least terrible of the new movies but that doesn't mean it was great either. Feel free to disagree but just thought I would put that out there. :)
  • QLev - October 1, 2011 2:40 p.m.

He was using intentionally poor examples to point out a flaw in that reasoning system. You're disagreement is exactly what he is saying.
  • Amnesiac - October 1, 2011 12:03 a.m.

And if you look out the window to your left, you'll see a whole lot of butthurt.
  • Amnesiac - October 1, 2011 12:01 a.m.

Yaaaay, butthurt.
  • jakergreen - September 30, 2011 11:48 p.m.

Oh Gamesradar, you’re so hip and contrarian…
  • Yeager1122 - September 30, 2011 11:48 p.m.

Havent played resistance so i couldnt tell if it is better than gearss or not but gears was great.
  • AlphaDogZero - September 30, 2011 11:32 p.m.

Hahahah. Are we comparing games or franchises here?