• lemur - October 3, 2011 12:41 p.m.

I have both games and they are about the same IMO. both have great (and not so great) things going for them. It funny that both game series have the first two games fighting a losing war and the third game more of fighting for survival. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!
  • pimpdaddie - October 3, 2011 12:11 p.m.

Lol why em I tripping, these idiots opinions do not matter. The people have spoken and Gears of War 3 owned every game this year by selling 3 million + copies in the first week. LOL I bet it's more than all of the sh!t sony exclusives out this year, let alone resistance 3. So BLAH =P up yours gamesradar! Oh and on metacritic guess what 91 = Gears 3 while Resistance 3 has a 83 LMAO this websites opinion is flawed therefore SH!T
  • TheKey - October 3, 2011 3:53 p.m.

IF YOU'RE A TROLL, DON'T READ THIS. So, basically, what you're saying is that people can't have differing opinions, and that they should take sales as quality? If that's the case, then all the petz games are the best thing in the world. And I am so freaking tired of people turning to Metacritic as the know all end all of reviews. It really gets under my skin when people use that as EVIDENCE, even when it's opinions. Having an opinion different than yours doesn't make them an idiot, they just have a different opinion. Learn to act like a normal human being, and don't act like a raging fanboy who's dreams were crushed.
  • Lucas - October 3, 2011 8:16 p.m.

How can an opinion be flawed, if opinions are gathered from each ones perspectives?
  • DIStroyinmasses - October 4, 2011 3:05 a.m.

You are one of the biggest retards I have ever come across.
  • DIStroyinmasses - October 3, 2011 6:27 a.m.

I think you have nailed it on the spot here! Gears of War 3 was amazing but the at the end of the Campaign it all felt a bit anti-climatic and over way too soon, less than a day it took me to nail it on "Hardcore" and the multi-player is great but doesn't re-invent anything! Now Resistance 3 has a much more moody, engrossing, lengthy & challenging campaign. The multi-player is just as awesome, when you get shot a couple of time you don't just hide and wait to regenerate, you need to heal or go kamakazie on your opponent and hope for the best. Its a much tighter and engrossing experience than Gears has to offer by far. To all you fan boys, stop acting like little bitches & grow the f**k up! I own both games and a massive Gears fan btw.
  • TartanSpartan01 - October 3, 2011 1:27 p.m.

I dont know where to start with you,I guess calling you a crap liar might be a place to start.less than a day to complete on hardcore?dont think so mate not unless u had a 12 hour at LEAST session and even then you must be amazing at gears."multiplayer is great but doesn't re-invent anything!"erm...Horde 2.0. I thought you played this game?If youre confused think carefully what 're-invent' actually means.Youve basically said because R3 has doesnt have regenerating health its a much tighter etc etc experience than gears3,really??so youre saying the way health used to be done in old games is better?games like halo?im curious to hear what exactly people mean when they say the end is anti-climactic.i could understand why people would hav said something about gears2 ending,but gears 3 what more do you want?I think its obvious you dont even have gears3 i bet you dont even have an xbox.Gears3 is obviously better than resistance3(poor mans gears/halo/everything rip off theres even a brumak rip off,you can google that to see what it is since you havnt actually played Gears3).
  • bass88 - October 3, 2011 2:46 p.m.

I prefer health bars as I find it more fast paced and exciting than having to duck every twenty seconds. It can be tough for a while but it only adds to the challenge. Not sure why people keep comparing the two games however. One is a cover-based shooter while the other is a FPS with different gameplay mechanics. I wouldn't call Resistance a rip-off of Gears Of War either. It's more of a War Of The Worlds rip-off.
  • SOLAMON77 - October 2, 2011 7:55 p.m.

I personally disagree with this, but still... it's good to see Resistance 3 getting some love. All too often people dismiss it in favor of the "other" main Sony FPS exclusive Killzone. I've personally always enjoyed Resistance more (than Killzone). I personally give Game of the Month to Gears because I think it has a better campaign with interesting characters. And it has far more compelling multiplayer modes.
  • shawksta - October 2, 2011 7:34 p.m.

Revising my last statement. I didnt know Arkham City was coming out in November. October's got allot of big hitters, Batman Arkham City, Rage, Battlefield 3, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, and whatever's else. Beside the obvious fan favorite, till the games actually come out, good luck to them all.
  • shawksta - October 2, 2011 7:36 p.m.

Im not gonna even say about this month, not agreeing or disagreeing with the winner, Resistance 3 and Gears 3 had both doing great in their own levels. Im not taking sides.
  • tacoman38 - October 2, 2011 4:18 p.m.

and Halo Reach got an 8. Remember remember the 14th of september.
  • pimpdaddie - October 2, 2011 3:32 p.m.

F@Ck this sh!t website !!!! Gears 3 owns sh!tty f#cking resistance. F&ck YOU AND F*CK YOUR ARTICLE! I bet pussy ass sony paid you off to call resistance 3 better.
  • bass88 - October 3, 2011 3:52 a.m.

Y'know, I'd like to insult you but I don't think you'd understand me.
  • Darthspud - October 3, 2011 9:28 a.m.

Ahem... WHY DON'T YOU GO SHOUVE YOUR COMMENT UP YOURSELF AND LEARN TO SPELL!
  • Xerxes667 - October 12, 2011 1:53 a.m.

you misspelt "SHOVE" , but that might have been intentional...not sure. But seriously, &*^% that Microsoft Fanboy. Resistance looks dull, silly and repetitive on the surface, but really is a well-balanced shooter. Whereas the Gears of War series is just dull, silly and repetitive. Its only claim to fame is "inventing" the cover based 3rd person shooter, with isn't really true... and the Chainsaw Gun... which gets old fast, and was better in MADWORLD anyway... which is a Wii game... which is just sad...
  • LeSieg - October 2, 2011 7:07 a.m.

Looking at the comment section, I am suddenly very relieved that BF3 and MW3 come out in two different months. For shame, Fanboys! For shame.
  • taterboob - October 1, 2011 9:55 p.m.

While I am surprised by this development, I definitely don't disagree. Gears 3 was fun, but it was pretty much more of the same. Campaign-wise, I was much more "wowed" by Resistance 3. The scale was more impressive, the settings more varied, the characters were more likeable, and the story just had more heart. I felt more invested in Joseph Capelli's journey than I've ever been in anything Marcus Fenix has ever done.
  • soranamineforever - October 1, 2011 5:47 p.m.

You apparently had no qualms over making Ocarina of Time runner-up in June, despite the fact that there was a perfectly good inFamous 2 right there.
  • soranamineforever - October 1, 2011 5:50 p.m.

I really wish I went through the comments before making a Redundant Department of Redudancy comment. MY POINT STILL STANDS.