• essiy - May 10, 2012 2:32 p.m.

I don't care that FortressCraft borrows elements from Minecraft because Minecraft itself borrowed from other games, Notch has admitted it. Sadly there are douchebag fans of anything. But really, does this guy have to insult the ENTIRE MC community for what a few idiots did? But now I'm curious to see the damage these hackers did... Hell, he's probably going to get even less sales now.
  • gopikmin - May 10, 2012 4:51 p.m.

The problem is that fortresscraft looks so much like minecraft and plays much like it too. If it wasn't so similar then, the hate would be much less. basically it seems that Sawkins just took advantage of the fact that xbox didn't have minecraft and made a minecraft clone to gain those profits from xbox only players
  • essiy - May 10, 2012 6:58 p.m.

Yes, I recognize that, and that is the main reason I own Minecraft on my PC and why FortressCraft isn't going to find it's way onto my Xbox. That said, Minecraft itself borrows from other games, like I said, The difference is that Notch made the idea his own by changing things and building on the original idea. Sawkins isn't like Notch, the difference between them is that Notch openly admits the game's roots, where as Sawkins acts completely butthurt whenever Minecraft is brought up. He has no reason to insult the MC community or the people that make the game, that's where Sawkins is in the wrong. I highly doubt that Notch had anything to do with it, no, I wouldn't believe it. It was a bunch of people who decided to take this into their own hands. That said, Sure, Sawkins should be upset, but he's getting upset with the wrong people. If this were about any other game with a similar idea as Minecraft *Cough* Terraria *Cough*, I'd even feel inclined to stand up for the game and it's creator/creators. I play Terraria as well. What I have a problem with is not the origins of the game, I have a problem with Adam Sawkins taking this little "Attack" and insulting everyone who has something to do with the game he so heavily borrows from.
  • Annihilator820 - May 16, 2012 12:47 a.m.

And then probably blame Minecraft players for said losses even more.
  • FOZ - May 10, 2012 1:58 p.m.

Yes, how very mature of everyone involved.
  • ShadowReaper666 - May 10, 2012 2:24 p.m.

Indeed. To start of with yes the website shouldn't have been hacked however there was no need for him to act like a prick. He didn't need to insult the whole minecraft community and its creators. But lets be honest now fortress craft is a bit of a blatant minecraft clone. It seems he is on a crusade against minecraft.
  • profile0000 - May 10, 2012 2:39 p.m.

While I agree Sawkins acting like a prick was an immature move, I can't help but feel I would be just as pissed, if not more, if I was in the same situation. That doesn't justify the childish act, no, but I can understand why he acted like a dick. And yeah, there is no denying fortress craft is a minecraft clone.