• revengeriddle - November 9, 2011 8:06 a.m.

nice article Dave, but I think goddamn Crocodile Dundee wins the award for destroying the global perception of Australia for decades.
  • ShowMeYourKitties - November 9, 2011 8:05 a.m.

Oh! That was england? There was no royal guardsman with the big fuzzy hat and not a single reference to tea time, so I wasn't sure...
  • CitizenWolfie - November 9, 2011 8 a.m.

To be fair, it is set in London. London is full of that s**t to appeal to tourists; American or otherwise. The only thing it was missing are hundreds of Big Issue sellers. If it was set in Birmingham it would have been different. That train wouldn't have arrived at all for a start and the Council would have banned the level entirely for all Birmingham residents.
  • CuriousGamer - November 9, 2011 7:56 a.m.

Just a few small things 1) You can't see Big Ben from ANY street in the country, its a Bell housed inside the clock at the Palace of Westminster. 2) Nice photo of a phone box, you won't find any like that in most of the country. The white boxes are exclusive to a city in the North East of England called Hull.
  • KidKatana - November 9, 2011 8 a.m.

While your first point is correct, the second is an outrageous lie; it's clearly sunny in that photo, meaning there's no way it could have been taken in Hull.
  • sleepyMexican45 - November 9, 2011 8:45 a.m.

^^^haha. And yeh, I've never seen phone boxes like that :/
  • Mooshon - November 9, 2011 9:16 a.m.

...The white branding of Kingston Communications I believe. Local company who own the historical rights to the telephone exchange over BT #cough. Must be 'shopped though as it is indeed sunny, the glass is intact and there doesn't appear to be the highest rate of under age pregnancies appearing anywhere...
  • GR_DavidHoughton - November 9, 2011 8:44 a.m.

True, but the whole glassy structure is pretty much the same as the ones you find everywhere else, so I figured it was suitable to illustrate the point.
  • lilspooky - November 9, 2011 3:13 p.m.

Thank you! I was going to rant how big ben is the bell.
  • db1331 - November 9, 2011 7:55 a.m.

Uh, Dave. That's a SOCCER ball. Are all you Brits that daft? Does the NFL need to start having more than one game a season in London?
  • Ginkasa - November 9, 2011 8:03 a.m.

I'm going to assume this is a joke.
  • End - November 9, 2011 8:07 a.m.

In terms of the context - London - it most definitely is a football
  • OhUltra - November 9, 2011 8:18 a.m.

Buncha comedy writers don't know a joke.
  • Net_Bastard - November 9, 2011 8:33 a.m.

Please tell me this is a joke. Please.
  • ultimatepunchrod - November 9, 2011 7:50 a.m.

Wow. I wouldn't have noticed all that or thought twice about it, but now that you point it out, it is waaaay over the top.
  • ranman311 - November 9, 2011 7:43 a.m.

SpoilerRadar :-(
  • flabslapper - November 9, 2011 7:43 a.m.

I wish I still had photshop so I could put together a stereotypical street in the US I'm seeing cheeseburgers, cowboy hats, beer, SUVs, high gas prices, Star Bucks piled upon McDonalds and KFCs, and...I'm all out, anyone got any more?
  • RonnyLive19881 - November 9, 2011 8:02 a.m.

But... ummm, well. That is and I mean REALLY IS in just about any area in America Lol I know a lot of small towns still have cute little diners and some local taverns but if you get anywhere near a city or an industrial area don't be surprised if you pass 5 McDonalds, 3 Taco Bells, 2 or 3 Chili's/Hooters/Applebees and about 42 donut shops Lol Maybe that's just the Southern States, been a while since I have been up north.
  • flabslapper - November 9, 2011 8:13 a.m.

lol yeah I got confused on what's not really true and whats entirely true about the US lol well we could fill it top to bottom with morbidly obese people, I actually know way more skinny to chubsy people than full-on fat like people try to say we are
  • RonnyLive19881 - November 9, 2011 8:27 a.m.

I shit you not, the fat people hide in their houses or can't even get out of them. You would be surprised how many fat cops we have over here too. But the majority of people here aren't fat Lol, they are just the people you notice because they are blocking the aisle, slowing a line or making a car lean to close to ground. I'm sure it is like that in ever country with fat people Lol