• thochaos - November 10, 2011 12:06 a.m.

I couldn't even bring myself to watch the end of the video. Being a father of a little girl seems to have "re-sensitized" me to this kind of thing. Makes me feel a bit sick just thinking about it.
  • needles - November 10, 2011 10:31 a.m.

Pu55y.
  • austincharlesbond - November 9, 2011 9:08 p.m.

I think the original scene would be more intense and compelling if they had various vans drive past, except you don't know which one will blow up...
  • killemall - November 9, 2011 8:36 p.m.

In order to argue with you I propose. 1. Honestly if I were you I would be flattered that the game developers assumed everyone would be at work during the day, except for dumbass American tourists who deserve to die. Take that as a compliment. 2. I live outside of my nation’s capital and you know what my neighbors dumbass kids leave all over the damn street. Footballs, maybe these developers live near me. 3. Another thing that I see every day at every bus stop and train stop and even attached to buses in my neighborhood right outside of my nation’s capital. Once again these guys probably assume more people are like them than not. 4. Have you ever been to America? Yeah if these guys are America the flag is all over the place. Most people put them up out of fear that they will be un-American if they don’t. the fear of lynching is real… not cool for them to assume that everyone lives in the same kind of anti-national pride fear but they do what they can… 5. Walking distance from my house are two pubs across the street from each other. One irish one Scottish. I thought it was stupid but maybe it was native. Nice to know its not. 6. Yellow cabs? Where I live that’s a franchise and the cabs are blue. To be continued
  • TwinHallow - November 9, 2011 7:23 p.m.

I always picture it looking like Doctor Who
  • min58out - November 9, 2011 6:28 p.m.

My mom was sitting in the room when this played and she freaked out!
  • NightCrawler_358 - November 9, 2011 6:21 p.m.

That is actually pretty awful. (the original scene.) No Russian played a huge role in MW2, and was the driving plot point behind everything else, they could've showed the bombing here without cringe-worthy acting of a happy family to provide the same shock effect. The whole "look daddy! I'm so happy!" thing is a lame excuse to obtain my sympathy. I'm no stickler, but this original scene was just tasteless and sickening. *Great article though.*
  • MisterFish - November 9, 2011 5:50 p.m.

If this were in Australia instead, Big Ben would be Uluru, the pubs would be gum trees, the police car that drove past would be someone wrestling a crocodile, all of the taxis would be kangaroos and the road would be otherwise empty and made of red dirt.
  • Dmancapri - November 9, 2011 7:45 p.m.

Generic racist comment about American/British stereotypes
  • austincharlesbond - November 9, 2011 9:10 p.m.

It's funny because Melbourne is like the complete opposite of that
  • Rubberducky - November 9, 2011 5:38 p.m.

Shut it and go get me a beer you cheese eating surrender monkey. Wait, wrong country, sorry.
  • F0NAJ - November 9, 2011 9:11 p.m.

Hey, the french have fought in almost all the wars if anything they were bored of all the fighting
  • F0NAJ - November 9, 2011 9:13 p.m.

Also cheese eating monkeys barely sounds like something you wouldn't want to be.
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - November 9, 2011 5:20 p.m.

I love you Dave. You make me wish I were British.
  • billy-walendom - November 9, 2011 3:57 p.m.

Its been done with afhgan in mw2 so wats the big deal?
  • thelazymackenzie - November 9, 2011 3:55 p.m.

Having never seen that scene (say that 5 times fast) I yelped "holy sh*t!"
  • Pwnz0r3d - November 9, 2011 3:17 p.m.

I'm fairly sure the fact that Big Ben is the most recognizable symbol in that whole cutscene, that would've established that the scene takes place in London. I agree, all of those Union Jacks make absolutely no sense. What really pisses me off is that the scene was intended to show emotion (which it really doesn't, because we all knew an explosion was coming in at some point, it's like a Michael Bay movie trying to shoehorn in a senseless plot.), and in order to do so, they had to kill an American family. You could achieve the same "effect" (if you can even call it that) by using locals too, because this just shows that IW thinks that people only get sad when "american's are killed because american's are the most important people in the world because they have hip hop and fat kids." And this is coming from an American.
  • lilspooky - November 9, 2011 3:11 p.m.

That will teach that kid to mess with the birds!
  • garnsr - November 9, 2011 1:29 p.m.

I didn't see anyone wearing a bowler in that scene. Can't be England.
  • Logic - November 10, 2011 2:15 p.m.

Every car driving by was piloted by terrorists stealing the bowler hats. Along with the tea.
  • jackthemenace - November 9, 2011 1:24 p.m.

Best Article EVER. Honestly, it makes me so mad seeing people hanging Union jack's, especially around the time of the Royal Wedding a couple months back. Makes me wish I'd stayed in Australia.