Oct 22, 2007
Hellgate: London is just around the corner and Flagship Studios has chosen now as the time to confirm subscriber perks.
The developer's already stated that players who pay a fee will gain access to exclusive features and content - you can still play the game online (and offline) for free - and below is what will be available on launch (that’s Oct 31, State side).
Elite Mode: This is for those players that always feel a game is too easy. The demons are tougher, deal out more damage, move faster, travel in larger groups, and have more champions at the ready. Numerous tweaks to the overall balance and progression of the game make this an extremely challenging mode.
Hardcore: Hardcore mode takes away the various resurrection options. For the gamer that wants the ultimate test, try playing an Elite Hardcore character!
Themed Events and Items: Halloween (October 31 - November 4)
- Zombot - A special pet just for All Hallows', this amalgam of meat and metal is sure to frighten and delight those players that are willing to put in the time to find all the necessary pieces in order to construct him.
- All Hallow's Visage - A Unique Helm that has not only very special properties, but as well a look unlike any other helm in the game. Ghost Rider would be jealous!
- All Hallow's Treats - Delicious and devious, these different candies do everything from temporarily boosting stats to temporarily altering the appearance of the devourer.
- All Hallows' Quests - There is a pair of special quests available, including one that is repeatable for continuous fun.
- Nemo ~ Master of Festivities - This special NPC can first be found in Covent Garden Station to greet players and send them on their way with quests specifically crafted for the season.
Guild Creation: Buy purchasing a Guild Herald, a character can form a new guild. Characters can only be part of one guild at a time and should a Guild leader decide to abandon their post, they can pass leadership of the Guild to another subscribing guild member.
Achievements: These are long-term goals for players. The player starts with a few new goals in an Achievement Log. These can be as simple as slaying a certain amount of specific demons to something as difficult as completing quests without the benefit of armor! Players uncover new goals as they start to meet the requirements of that achievement. For example, after 50 zombies have been slain, an "Achievement Unlocked" message displays on the screen. Checking the Achievement Log shows how many zombies must be eradicated to complete the achievement. Rewards for completing achievements can be anything from reputation to tags on the player to special particle effects to items to special skills to - well, anything is possible!
Extra Character Slots: While everyone gets 3 character slots, subscribers can have a maximum of 24 characters.
Larger Stash: Each character's storage locker is doubled in size with an extra 6x8 section, making the hoarding of all sorts of goodies that much easier. Packrats rejoice!
Founder's Perks: Name Color, Forum Icon, More to come... (this will be an on-going area, as well)
In an update on theofficial Hellgate: London websiteFlaghip's also provided details on a Patch 0 that will be out for launch, which includes fixes to the DirectX 10 client.