• lionarthegreat - August 15, 2009 3:27 a.m.

i can get almost any girl to play burnout revenge on my original xbox now to get mortal kombat another game with good results
  • crumbdunky - August 7, 2009 7:39 a.m.

My missus loves L4D.
  • fisch246 - July 15, 2009 4:29 a.m.

she's cute! nice going Tyler :)
  • noofer7 - June 15, 2009 4:30 p.m.

Hmm...
  • Dagre - May 7, 2009 12:02 p.m.

Good article, very accurate, and I think it's good to try and get your other half involved in something you feel passionately about. Sure, if they try it and don't like it, leave them be, but its worth a try. That being said, I think you have been a bit biased towards fps genre (with a few exceptions). Being a girl myself, personally I have never been interested in that genre anyway, it just doesn't do it for me, but I do enjoy other types, for example strats, mmo's, racing etc... Good article nonetheles, good job!
  • Redreaction4 - April 20, 2009 7:07 a.m.

thats strange the only game my girlfriend will play is left 4 dead!!!!! she likes resident evil 5 too!!!!!
  • midwintersong - April 18, 2009 8:46 a.m.

I'm a girl and my favorite recent games are GTA: IV, GTA: Chinatown Wars (I bought a DS for it) and Fallout 3 (I do love headshotting baddies in V.A.T.S.). Maybe it would be good to remember girls are individuals that all have their own likes and dislikes?
  • Psycho77 - April 17, 2009 11:51 p.m.

Tyler...lets go 1 on 1 any damn game you want..i win i get your girl for a night...all night cause unlike you, i keep it up allll niggghhtt looonngg. and if you win ill pay you 100 bucks..but ill end up banging your fiance anyway so its just like i paid for it...just like you paid the girl to pose with you for the picture to pretend that you got a girl..but we all know your into boys anyway..little boys *cough* lit lit lit!
  • Over1imit - April 17, 2009 10:26 p.m.

"Oh, if you are a girl, you already like games, and you’d like to call us hypocrites and complain that our content is overly male targeted, well, I’d just like to welcome you to the internet. Keep fighting the good fight." The internet is serious business :P!
  • fergfighter - April 17, 2009 2:01 p.m.

lol, i got 3 of my girlfriends to start gaming a long time ago :D
  • TripleAD - April 17, 2009 8:31 a.m.

Yeah this does make some sense... but it depends who you're going out with. Also rule 3 i knew just then that portal would be included On another note Rule 5 when I show my friend a game he hasn't got i usually do that but i'm not that bad and they don't mind the help sooo yeah :)
  • killemall - April 16, 2009 8:39 p.m.

oh and one of the other things that girls like is switching off... I like gmaing with other people (not as much on live, i wonder why?) but i do enjoy switching off on games, my roommate will play one level or until he dies and then i'll play, some levels i'm great at and some i suck at but it keeps me from being too frustrated and keeps me from being a dick when i know what to do next and its not my turn.
  • noobeater - April 16, 2009 8:07 p.m.

i was totally think animal crossing was going to mentioned somewhere... and actually most girls i know, although not all either appreciate that cod is a good game, and many like it...or at least respect the reason why most of mate mates me 1 play it and not to talk to us, besides i actually dont let anyone go on games like that that track stats...i have a healthy kill/death ratio after all! great article in a week of especially good articles.
  • Gameguy151 - April 16, 2009 7:06 p.m.

and yet, the two things me and her play the most are GTA and CoD:WaW...
  • muffchild - April 16, 2009 4:41 p.m.

um, my girlfriend loves gta4. besides, pretty sure the splicers in bioshock and the grunts in FEAR can still be considered men in camo.
  • FadedLineVigil - April 16, 2009 2:43 p.m.

This dumbass 'article' is sexist in and of itself. Departmentalizing types of games that will not turn women off to gaming is TOTALLY subjective. This is a goddamn blog entry of personal opinion, not any sort of useful info. Besides, who gives a shit if your girl is or isn't into gaming. My girlfriend's not reading articles on how to ease me into Oprah or America's Next Top Model. This 'article' is utterly sexist in trying to be the exact opposite. If a girl IS going to get into gaming, which is cool, it could be for any given reason and personally, I know some female gamers that got into it FOR the gore, FOR the violence, boobs, etc. Hate...this...site...but...can't...turn.....away......uggggggh.
  • Stabby_Joe - April 16, 2009 1:18 p.m.

Theres always games with less macho male characters... those are usually found in Japanese games.
  • MissN - April 16, 2009 12:54 p.m.

I'm a girl and I just looove GTA series - is everything all right with me?
  • Psycho77 - April 16, 2009 11:14 a.m.

oh ya and see you on CoD tyler...im the one making you cry o there everyday too..*cough*..ah you the rest muhahahahha..and im done.
  • Psycho77 - April 16, 2009 11:04 a.m.

i wasnt talking to you bluenose you idiot i was talkin about the guy that wrote the article..the first thing i did when i seen his first pic there and then read the stupid thing was clinch my fist and wish he was next to me. by looking at the pics and then reading the way you write and think i give you 6 months into marriage and she will be banging some other dude (probably me)..and all you'll have left is a tomb raider game to beat your little winky off to..and btw..to your "fiance"..my shlong is a bioshock and you can handle it all day girl... *cough* lit again son