We Recommend

• RedOutlive10 - February 21, 2009 1:44 p.m.

I would say Eli Vance in HL2:EP2. Killed in a brutal way in front of his daughter by some creature nobody really knows how they really behave. Sad but great ending.
  • Smiffy99 - February 21, 2009 2:45 a.m.

Holy crap, I about cried when that lovable trucker-capped Brit bit it. And where the heck was Sgt. Johnson? That was the saddest ever.
  • Xplosive59 - February 20, 2009 1:18 p.m.

zacks death in crisis core was very powerful but if i remember correctly it has a really crappy montage that makes you go wtf, instead of im so sad now.
  • zerolegends - February 20, 2009 2:14 a.m.

What about Jonathan from mgs portable ops his speech in the beginning is epic and his death is kinda sad. I actually paused the game and sat mouth wide open for a while
  • theschwartzb - February 20, 2009 12:02 a.m.

The really crappy thing is that the deaths at the very end of CoD 4 seem pretty pointless to me. In act II, One Shot One Kill, when you have to shoot Imran Zakhaev, i pulled managed to pull off a headshot on him, and i was thinking, he cant possibly survive that shot, how is he still alive in the current time? So really, the deaths at the end probably shouldnt have happened, considering i put a bullet into this guy's head that wouldve shattered his head into a pulpy mess on the ground. Oh well, i guess if it werent possible for a guy to survive a headshot from a .50 calibre weapon, there wouldve been no story line.
  • shobuku - February 19, 2009 10:57 p.m.

you shouldve included Maria from GOW 2
  • hereticdonutboy - August 14, 2009 6:29 p.m.

they should have put sgt. jonson at the end of halo 3 i mean you and him killed covedent for 3 games and then guilty spark just blasts him i will never forget those last words "dont ever let her go
  • pandasrock - July 24, 2009 12:57 a.m.

also i saved roebuck who gives a shit about the other dude he didnt do much and roebuck was tougher also i think you got achivment for saving roebuck
  • NiallB3 - July 22, 2009 3:30 p.m.

To tannerino: Yeah thats what I thought, lol Thanks anyhoos
  • york550 - July 19, 2009 7:47 a.m.

and pandasrock do you mean Lt. Vasquez that was leading Jacksons squad.
  • york550 - July 19, 2009 7:44 a.m.

It was actually SSgt Griggs that pulled you to safety. Gaz is the one that is shot by Zachaev as he is walking towards you. The death of Price and Gaz really hurt though. I was lucky that the story ended otherwise I wouldn't be able to keep playing for there would be no point in playing without the two of them. Jackson's death really freaked me out and when I saw the cutscene where they found him I actuall thought that he somehow survived. Obviusly I was wrong.
  • Gamer101 - July 2, 2009 4:25 a.m.

*To aberkromby* I actually felt a tear when the Carmine in GoW 2 died. When the Carmine in GoW died, I almost laughed. "My guns jammed" *BOOM!*
  • _D-Man_ - June 24, 2009 3:30 p.m.

When Sgt. Griggs went down I was like "OH SH*T IM NEXT!" When he killed Gaz I was like "NO YOU BASTARD IMMA KILL YOU!!!!" And when Captain Price died it moveed me man, I was so sad. I made my FaceBook status "R.I.P Captain Price." Arent I a dork :P
  • aberkromby - May 16, 2009 2:56 a.m.

wouldnt it be great if they put Carmine (GoW) on this list?
  • Solidus24 - May 6, 2009 8:51 a.m.

OMG!How can this list miss mgs3? That game made me cry...
  • Mr.Epic64 - May 5, 2009 4:30 a.m.

I actually felt tears run down my face when Lirum died. It's not fair that she died roght when Kaim finally saw her again. *Tear*
  • SneakyAgent - May 5, 2009 1:47 a.m.

I cant believe they didnt put in Elika from the next gen Prince of Persia. I cant imagine someone who wouldnt grow attatched to her.
  • RadianTrild - February 25, 2009 8:28 a.m.

In Mass Effect Kaiden deserved to die over Ashley any day, plus who wants to have sexy time with Kaiden "yuck." And in The Darkness, I kept thinking there would be some way to bring Jenny back. But then in the ending scene of The Darkness, Jenny is right there telling you to wake up. SO WHAT THE HELL ACTUALLY HAPPENED!!!!
  • JetSylar17 - February 22, 2009 7:44 p.m.

I thought Brads death in Dead Rising was really sad and he died such a bad way. The whole thing was so emotional. I wish he was added here
  • Popadoplous207 - February 21, 2009 7:27 p.m.

It was Griggs who was dragging you, And it was griggs who got a bullet to the face... He was my favorite character. I was also sad when all the others died. but it made the game a whole better experience. Like your in the game or something :D