Topics

delay

• LegendofZenda - December 30, 2011 10:22 p.m.

I would argue Saint's Row the Third should be on this list. While it is almost a perfect game I'm guessing it might be the last one because of slow sales. Volition also dropped the ax on any more Red Faction games because of slow sales.
  • julian-kennedy - January 1, 2012 9:17 a.m.

They have already announced a Saints Row 4 and honestly Saints Row 3 has actually sold quite well this holiday season.
  • practicallyhitler - December 30, 2011 9:50 p.m.

Great list, Coop! I will never understand the attitude of big publishers, like 'it's not good enough to just sell several million copies of our awesome game, we have to directly compete and deny sales from others to succeed! (PS: June-July will still be an effing desert.)' I'm beginning to think UBI really hates Michel Ancel, but they do this every year. As for Goldeneye, I can only assume Activision needed an excuse to close a studio...
  • Pwnz0r3d - December 30, 2011 9:01 p.m.

Absolutely spot on with Battlefield. It tried too hard to match up with CoD, when they're two totally different games. I steered clear of the campaign because that's not what I bought Battlefield for, nor do I expect the campaign to be good. Hell, I would've been totally happy with buying a $60 multiplayer only game, if it meant that they didn't have to waste resources trying to best a game it had no reason to start a war with. That being said, I enjoy BF3 much more than MW3. It's all around a more fun game to play, where knife kills are earned; not lucky swipes because a perk let you do it.
  • strikerz911 - December 30, 2011 8:30 p.m.

I need to buy Rayman and Goldeneye. Not AAA titles, but look really fun.
  • gingermidget - December 30, 2011 7:19 p.m.

If they didn't make another Rayman, I would literally cry, it was just such a refreshing game, especially in November when all the realistic/gritty/lack of colour games were coming out (I'm not saying they were bad, I loved most of them :')) Rayman was just something different and special, you know?
  • titleofusername98 - December 30, 2011 6:52 p.m.

Origins should have totally been a 2012 release. I think the only reason it wasn't is because of the Wii, since Nintendo said they were only going to release about 10 Wii games in 2012 because they're discontinuing it. Could also be because Rayman was practically a dead series by the time the third Raving Rabbids came out. I guess Ubi anticipated that many people wouldn't know about it or care about it, so they just decided to ship it off and hope for a miracle.
  • BladedFalcon - December 30, 2011 6:50 p.m.

Definitely agreed on rayman. I bought that game as soon as I could. But I can understand why a lot of people potentially interested in it passed up on it due to the date. Ubisoft really fucked up on that, and i can't think of a single reason of why they insisted on releasing it by then.
  • LegendofZenda - December 30, 2011 10:32 p.m.

Because they wanted to send it out to die against AC. Not only that but then everyone that actually bought AC instead of Rayman got raped after it was down to $20 a couple months later for boxing day! Lesson fucking learned Ubisoft.
  • BladedFalcon - December 31, 2011 5:33 a.m.

Er... Sad thing I don't even think it was learned at all. They pulled the same exact shit with Beyond Good and Evil. My guess is that Ubisoft secretly loathes Michel Ancel >_>
  • kor2disturbed - December 30, 2011 6:46 p.m.

The one that pisses me off the most is by far Rayman: Origins. Mainly because you're right there will probably never be a sequel, which completely sucks R:O was an amazingly awesome and unique game. Seriously one of the best games I've played in 2011 and I've played every big releases this year. Every time I think about it I just get so sad, Rayman is a series I believe needs to be brought back to life, you don't see 2D Platformers anymore. Especially none like Rayman, which is a damn shame. At least I can be happy in the fact that I'm one of the few people who bought the game, and that I've been a Rayman fan since the beginning.
  • nai1210 - December 30, 2011 6:30 p.m.

another game that could have been delayed would be Rage,just picked it up for 15 quid which leads me to think sales have prob not met i.d's target and to be honest i have played it for 2 hour's and im finding it boring as hell, i know it's meant to get really good then ends ubruptley ounce it's really getting going i have heard it's fantastic,but so far it's just meh..
  • TheFabricOfTime - December 30, 2011 6:27 p.m.

Typo: "For the most par,t the flaws are harmless..." Disregarding that, you make some very excellent points. I can wait for a release.
  • nai1210 - December 30, 2011 6:22 p.m.

i'll pick up rayman eventually looks awesome,i have already seen it selling for a mere 15 quid,will get it in a few weeks probably for a tenner,ubi-soft you are idiots,and all the stuff i have been hearing about Skyrim def think it should have been delayed especially the ps3 version can't believe they released that so broken
  • raidramon0 - December 30, 2011 5:47 p.m.

Where's Star Wars: The Old Republic? It was released just 5 days before Christmas Day, not to mention that I was still trying to catch up from all the other great games released this year?
  • GR HollanderCooper - December 30, 2011 6:32 p.m.

I swear I actually wrote that EXACT thing as a reason to add it, and then decided to leave it off.
  • Y2Ken - December 30, 2011 5:21 p.m.

Absolutely agree with Rayman, it was going to struggle to stand out as it was, but putting it out when they did was just foolish. Although perhaps not quite as stupid as putting out Goldeneye (a middling FPS) out in the week between the two biggest FPS releases of the year. Don't think it deserved sales quite as much as Rayman though, which I will be picking up in the next week or so.
  • GhostNappa2k10 - December 30, 2011 5:17 p.m.

I'm sorry, but no delay would have saved Goldeneye from being the mediocre CoD-ified FPS that it is.
  • Deify - December 30, 2011 5:40 p.m.

You do know that Goldeneye is a remake of a game that came out many years ago on the N64. Goldeneye was around when nobody even heard of COD.
  • CrashmanX - December 30, 2011 6:55 p.m.

That's cause CoD wasn't even in existence yet. And no. This is a HD Re-release of the REMAKE for the Wii. AKA Daniel Craig not Pierce brosnen. Similar but different GoldenEye
  • MasterBhater - December 30, 2011 7:10 p.m.

You do realise that the Goldeneye Remake is nothing like the original Goldeneye, right?