• Cleanser247 - February 12, 2011 6:48 a.m.

Damn! I'm SO excited! Make sure you guys cover this game! I'm so excited for more information soon : )
  • HankVenture - February 12, 2011 6:46 a.m.

Can't wait to play this until the world ends in 2012
  • HeavyTank - February 12, 2011 6:24 a.m.

Indeed, Oblivion was graphically stunning when it first came out, but it did have a lot of problems, especially the terrain, the mountains and the necks not being properly attatched to the heads. Judging by those screenies they wanted the game to look good, but not TOO good because let's not forget that they need to create a MASSIVE world.At the moment I'd say that the visuals could be compared to the ones an early 2010 game would have. About the sound, Oblivion's was very good, but combat and street quotes got boring fast, to the point that some of them became in-game memes -I still remember a male Redguard going "I like what I see" with a pervy voice...while he was talking to my male character- (and, of course, the "STOP!YOU VIOLATED THE LAW" thingy, which became a proper meme). But let's not forget the crippling lack of voice actors, which really puzzled me for such a high-profile game. Skyrim will probably feature a separate voice actor for every NPC (okay, maybe not a separate one, but they will at least have a different voice), just to show that Bethesda listened to the fans :D The next biggest complaint was the "patchworked" terrain (a problem I always failed to see, even after 500+ hours into the game) and of course the level scaling. They will probably do something about those as well... Frankly, I don't care if the game takes up 25GB's, I just want it to be perfect. Bethesda has the talent, money and time to make it so.
  • Mike657 - February 12, 2011 5:13 a.m.

Nothing here I haven't seen before, (including the Harry Partridge vid, that thing never gets old) but I am SO pumped for this game. I haven't cried in seven years. If this game gets delayed, that streaks gonna get broken really fast.
  • Sy87 - February 12, 2011 4:54 a.m.

Dude!!! That looks sweet and those enemies look awesome. And well that chick doesn't look to bad. Hopefully the women will look like women. HAHAHa anyway awesome!
  • Shagnasty - February 12, 2011 3:55 a.m.

I don't know how people can even compare this to Oblivion, graphic--wise. I will forever have the square patterns of grass burnt into my brain.
  • Spacem0nkey77 - February 12, 2011 3:46 a.m.

Looks great. Wish they made real RPGs nowadays not these horrible scalable difficulty monstrosities. What the hell is the use of leveling up when everything else around you does at the same time. So much fun getting my ass handed to me by a group of goblins when I'm level 15.
  • lilbuddha - February 12, 2011 3:26 a.m.

finally a pretty pretty game for my expensive expensive rig. Gothik 4 just wasn't cutting it (although it looks amazing in some parts)
  • matt101matt - February 12, 2011 3:08 a.m.

I don't think there is any gesture or word that can describe just how happy and amazed I am right now. NO MORE GAMBRYO ENGINE!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! OMFG! ROTFLMFAOWTFLOLBBQ?!!?!?!? OOH RAH! KABLAM! YYEEEEEAAAHHHH! I'm officaly going to blow up a wormhole and jump my ass through it so I can get this game NOW! or maybe thats THEN but kinda NOW cause its.. oh nevermind... WOOOOOH
  • rabidpotatochip - February 12, 2011 2:52 a.m.

I have to agree that it doesn't look like much has changed graphically, but the women look like women without the use of a mod so I'm happy. I just hope they got more VAs for this one.
  • Myrmidon - February 12, 2011 2:47 a.m.

It looks alright. Would be nice if they improved the factions a bit, but I don't think that's going to happen realistically. The main concern for me is the voice acting, Oblivion had like 3 voice actors which made it stupid, a bit like New Vegas did with that one guy, so if they have enough to keep it from sounding dumb it will probably be good for me. But let's be honest, it doesn't look like a huge leap from Oblivion graphically, not for a 5 year gap. I'm just looking forward to a good gameplay trailer. I'm interested to see how they implement dual wield.
  • hester2 - February 12, 2011 2:16 a.m.

Great. I finally get a computer that can run pretty much everything out there on max(except for Crysis, the freaking tease), but looking at these screenshots, I may need to get a second video card to run this the way it's meant to be run. Then again, they could have an amazing engine that cranks these visuals out without requiring massive power. Or I may just say screw it and get it for PS3 so I can run it on my 47" in the living room.
  • CongratulagentAgentTHEAgentAntista - February 12, 2011 1:56 a.m.

Finally, they don't have face models that looks like trolls.
  • Markstone - February 12, 2011 1:35 a.m.

!!!!!!
  • Zepaw - February 12, 2011 1:26 a.m.

There is a god.
  • Transmatrix - February 12, 2011 1:24 a.m.

Very pretty. I hope the animation is good, though. Fallout 3 and Oblivion were horrible (the character animations, that is).
  • C4RD1NAL - February 12, 2011 1:17 a.m.

With both this and Mass Effect 3 coming out near the end of the year, it's gonna be along time before i get my RPG fix. Played Oblivion with every combonation of race and class possible, can't wait to do it again, haha.
  • chrisda - February 12, 2011 1:15 a.m.

Sorry...i need to change my pants.
  • Onepersonwithnoopinion - February 12, 2011 1:14 a.m.

Looks like they're putting the Rage engine to good use. My nerd boner is raging. Can't wait.
  • Romination - February 12, 2011 1:13 a.m.

Graphics are fine, but the character designs look rather uninspired.