• pl4y4h - September 7, 2012 7:52 p.m.

Still haven't played it yet. Got into FFX and went from there. Eh, maybe one day.
  • lazer59882 - September 7, 2012 8:58 p.m.

not sure who the fuck sarah lebouf is, but she sucks, and her writing has no fucking personality, and is condescending as fuck, actually. why does she keep saying "you", instead of "we", or "gamers" or something? it's like she's a fucking anthropologist or something sent here to study us and why gamers like FFVII, instead of a fellow fan, or even fellow gamer, stating why it's a memorable game. AWFULLY written article, it makes me want to push this sarah lebouf broad in a fucking canal or something. read the last sentence of each point, and you'll see what i mean. fucking weird.
  • dhollplay - September 8, 2012 3 p.m.

@lazer59882, I actually registered just to tell you what a nasty piece of work you are. I know your type: you saw the name of a female writing this then went looking for anything in the writing style you could attack. You actually implied you want to hurt or even murder the lady. Why the mods haven't banned you yet is a mystery. You hate women, probably because you were rejected once and have never had the pleasure of physical intimacy with one. You dealt with the rejection by bitterly hating instead of doing what most boys do and just shrug it off. You're pathetic. Sort yourself out. The sooner you start respecting women, the sooner you'll climb out of this hole of hate you've created for yourself. And regarding your utterly stupid point: some writers use the term "you", some use the royal "we", others use the first-person "i". You can use any style you want (just like my style is also using "you"). Now get the fuck out and don't come back until you grow some balls.
  • zombi3grim - September 8, 2012 6:14 p.m.

Nah, this guy just wants attention. Bad. He fakes this psuedo intellectual bullshit, but once he's in a corner, you'll see him make some fake ass excuse like "Your not worth it" or some other bullshit and he'll run away.
  • lazer59882 - September 9, 2012 1:41 a.m.

right? and since you can just click my profile and see all my past comments, you can see all the times when i've done exactly that... ...oh wait. i never have, it's just another fucking bullshit tactic zombi3 and others like him use on sites like these when they don't understand someone's point, instead of shutting the fuck up and not saying anything to begin with. whoops.
  • zombi3grim - September 9, 2012 6:20 a.m.

Its not that you constantly bitch about the article. You just either bitch in general or have something snarky and sarcastic to say aimed at other people. Check it out: "my favorite games are still my favorite games even when my internet is down. what about yours? yours becomes a $60 coaster." Written in a team fortress 2 article "iterallly every single one of you idiots who responded to the first idiot are clearly new to the site. tehtimeisnow is a huge fucking troll, and makes idiotic, poorly spelled, nonsensical comments on every article he can. he is a troll. ignore him." Complaining about people responding to our resident troll instead of just, you know...ignoring it. "please, stop the fucking "joypad" shit. it's a fucking controller, not some kind of weird sex toy/tampon device." Complainning. Again And I did NOT have to sift and search. Those are your posts IN ORDER on your profile on DIFFERENT articles on this site. Dont invite people to look at your profile and think your not a crybaby bitch.
  • lazer59882 - September 9, 2012 11:03 a.m.

and oh yeah, i "invited" people to look at my profile to see if there was a single example of me saying "Your not worth it" (which is grammatically incorrect, by the way) like you said i did, not to see if i've ever made a negative comment before. you failed at that. now, how else can i help you?
  • zombi3grim - September 9, 2012 5:11 p.m.

You actually did. To a little person named Grim0187. You only came back when you got your little buddies and banded together, so your balls dropped and you fell in line behind them. "We got him now guys, right? Right!?" Like a little nervous kid, eyes darting left and right looking for some sort of satisfaction. Im not digging through your posts to find it. But you did it. You can deny it. But you and I both know you did it. Its also grammatically incorrect to not capitalize anything. I also love how you refer to your comments as "a negative comment." Dude, I could post 5 more of your comments that I find on the first page of your profile alone, and they would ALL be of you crying about something. Its not A negative comment. Its YOU. YOU are just a negative, crybaby bitch looking for attention online. Trying vainly to sound like some intellectual while contradicting yourself talking about grammar and glossing over the fact that your a big pussy when someone confronts you about something. Now, you want to fail some more? Or are we done here....
  • lazer59882 - September 9, 2012 10:28 p.m.

lmfao hahahahaha hahahahaha waaaaaaait a second! that's what this is all about? the fact that I fucking dominated you in a discussion before, you got modded, and then had your username banned? and now you're bitter at me? hahahahahahahahahahahahaha dude that's the last thing you should've done, pointed out that you're the same twat I regulated on once before. for real, fuck off. "You're not worth it" hahahahahahah....
  • zombi3grim - September 10, 2012 6:33 a.m.

Because we all know THATS what you did. You didnt back off and say you were going to ignore me and I wasnt worth it, then when the others started in on it you came back. Nooo, that didnt happen at all. I didnt get banned. Or modded. I made a new name because you were stalking me across the entire site. You "dominated me in a discussion." Did you ACTUALLY just fucking say that? And your PROUD of that? Your PROUD to actually think you BEAT someone in a "discussion" on the internet? I dont know whats more pathetic. The fact that you conviently dont remember acting like a little bitch and backing off. Or the fact that you think its something to proud of.
  • lazer59882 - September 9, 2012 1:16 a.m.

lol. feel better? welcome to gamesradar.
  • LordZarlon - September 7, 2012 5:55 p.m.

This was the game that made me get a PlayStation. I had gotten an N64 at launch but was unconvinced about the PlayStation. I have to admit that it was the epic ad campaign that made me interested. That cool symphony music matched with the really cool cut scenes made an incredible commercial. I had to have it and I was not disappointed. Does anybody know what that song was that played in the promo video, for this game, that played in every video game store?
  • RonnyLive19881 - September 7, 2012 2:17 p.m.

I was a day one purchaser... shelled out a LOT of $$$ for it. Over all yes I was very impressed with the presentation at first but while the graphics always amazed me I started to nit pick the sound track to the point I don't even like it anymore... Snes had better soundtracks in its day, just look at Final Fantasy VI(much better than VII), the Mickey games, Actraiser, SMRPG, CHRONO TRIGGER... after realizing that the sound track sounded a step below all of those and growing to hate the overworld theme (*duuuuuu na-na naaaa..na, erener erner erner, der ner ner nerrrrr..ner* UGH!) I just grew to loath it. The battle system also felt like a step back from titles like FF V&VI, Chrono Trigger and even the Dragon Warrior games. I grew to hate the Materia system and then really HATED the Junction system in VIII(FF fix itself in IX-XIII thank you Square). The things that made this game great were the characters, story and the world(although I never really liked Areis much, was I the only one that whooped when she bit the knife?). Was the game memorable? HELL YEAH! Is it the best of the series? Depends on who you are, it wasn't to me... my personal favorites are VI and X.
  • Clovin64 - September 7, 2012 1:55 p.m.

I miss the smart-mouthed sarcastic Cloud from the original FF7 before Advent Children transformed him into the poster boy for whiny little emo twats. He's probably my favourite main protoganist from any FF. "Lets get mosey!"
  • Turtman - September 7, 2012 1:42 p.m.

I'll always remember this game because my parents loved me enough to drive me to the Toys R Us one day, pick up a copy of Legend of Dragoon, and live happily ever after knowing I'd never have to play this garbage. Come at me FFVII fanboys, feed the beast.
  • Sinosaur - September 7, 2012 1:51 p.m.

I remember Legend of Dragoon, I never even cared enough to finish it because it wasn't that great. This has nothing to do with FF7, Legend of Dragoon was just sort of bland.
  • filipe-alves - September 8, 2012 5:47 a.m.

Totally agree. Never could play Legend of Dragoon more than 3 hours. I grew bored too quickly.
  • Moondoggie1157 - September 7, 2012 3:35 p.m.

I'm with you on that Turtman, I try to reply Legend of Dragoon once a year... I can finally start doing that again since it came out on PSN. I could never stay interested in FF7, I'm still trying to get through.
  • avery78 - September 8, 2012 10:44 a.m.

I liked Legend of Dragoon also, still have my copy of it. Never could get into FFVII, I thought FFIX was great though.
  • Longnuts - September 7, 2012 1:30 p.m.

I still play this game at least once a year. One of the G O A T!
  • Sinosaur - September 7, 2012 1:23 p.m.

I actually forgot how much I loved playing FF7 at the time until I got Theatrhythm and played the FF7 songs... brought back all of those feelings. Quite honestly, FF7 has sort of been ruined by its position as being Final Fantasy's big mainstream debut by getting a ton of extra media added to it. Kind of what happened with Star Wars, but not to the same extent. But given the fact that I can still think back to the ad campaign the game had, watching the cg cutscene stuff... I distinctly remember what I thought the game was going to be like. I also remember being factually wrong, because I had thought Cloud was some sort of Knight and Aeris was a traditional princess, although I was a bit correct thematically.
  • BladedFalcon - September 7, 2012 1:22 p.m.

Oh boy, I'm afraid a lot of people are going to miss-interpret this article and think it's saying "It's the best!!" when mainly it's just saying why it's so memorable, and regardless whether you think it's that good or not, the game IS pretty memorable. Let's just hope people don't lose track of that... though I already know of a few people that are no doubt going to miss the point, and try to turn this in to a flame war >_>
  • zombi3grim - September 8, 2012 11:19 a.m.

So...what is this article establishes WHY we think its the best? Are we wrong for thinking VII is the best in the series? Are we not entitled to that opinion?
  • BladedFalcon - September 8, 2012 4:18 p.m.

Not at all, you're entitled to whatever opinion you want. The article however, actually never makes any comparison or statement that claims it's "the best" in any series, just bring out several pretty valid points of why it's so popular, memorable, and a good game.
  • zombi3grim - September 8, 2012 6:16 p.m.

No, Im pretty sure its the best. This article just solidifies it.
  • BladedFalcon - September 8, 2012 6:40 p.m.

So, it's that an opinion? or an affirmation of objective truth?
  • zombi3grim - September 8, 2012 8:51 p.m.

Whatever makes your butt hurt less.
  • BladedFalcon - September 8, 2012 8:58 p.m.

Nice to see that even when no one's attacking you, you have to be offensive, then you wonder why people don't take you seriously or flat out ignore you...
  • zombi3grim - September 8, 2012 9:16 p.m.

Lol, you think people take you seriously on the internet? Thats good. No, I just like fuckin with you. You're an easy target. You get all butthurt and bent out of shape over anything said to you. Im sleep deprived and need entertainment. Nice to know I always have a wetback to fall back on. :)