We Recommend

• TechnoAnimeGamer - October 24, 2012 4:23 p.m.

Definitely Palumpolum from Final Fantasy 13.
  • furiouslunchbox - October 24, 2012 4:21 p.m.

My favorite place in the capitol wasteland I suppose would be the underworld. The goofy ghoul city just had so much character filled with so many interesting characters. And I most definitely took Mr crowlys armor hehe that bastard.
  • furiouslunchbox - October 24, 2012 4:17 p.m.

Most definitely the capitol wasteland in fallout 3 for me. That game is what truly turned me into a gaming nerd. There was just so much stuff to do and kill and so many crazy goofy things to find. I spent many many hours in the capitol wasteland. I used to get up an hour early in 8th grade just to play it before school. No gaming environment will ever take the top spot of the capitol wasteland in my heart.
  • samsneeze - October 24, 2012 3:57 p.m.

Guilin in Shenmue II is honestly the best place to end a game like that and it's just so chill.
  • SDHoneymonster - October 24, 2012 3:51 p.m.

There's a rock in Red Dead Redemption where it seems like you can see most of the map. I'm sure it has a name, but it escapes me at the moment - it's out to the east, near the high railway bridge. I'd go and make camp up there just to watch the sun set and rise. Others I loved were Arcadia and Fort Frolic in Bioshock and Ilium in Mass Effect 2 - because it's full of hot blue aliens of course.
  • brickman409 - October 24, 2012 3:48 p.m.

I'd say the snow level from the first metroid prime, that place was awesome. I forget what it was called, something drifts.
  • BladedFalcon - October 24, 2012 9:28 p.m.

Pendrana Drifts, I think. And yeah, that place was great, though I think the music had a lot to do with it XD
  • shawksta - October 24, 2012 3:46 p.m.

Damn, this is hard to choose, otherwise I like the places on the list aswell, especially The Snow "Temple" and Rome. I find myself loving certain places that takes place on Boats, including Banjo-kazooie's rusty Bucket Bay, The Barons Cruise ship from Stacking, and especially the sand sea and Skipper's pirate ship that became the 5th dungeon in Skyward Sword.
  • Muchachos - October 24, 2012 3:33 p.m.

Riverwood in skyrim Not entirely sure why, especially considering how large the world is and how small Riverwood is
  • ShowMeYourKitties - October 24, 2012 3:26 p.m.

Black Velvetopia from Psychonaughts. Honestly, who wouldn't want to visit a pseudo-Spain filled with bright florescent colors and inhabited by goddamn dogs!?!
  • patbateman17 - October 24, 2012 3:07 p.m.

The top of the hotel in Uncharted 2 - it was so gorgeous I didn't want to zipline down. Plus you got to play in the pool with Chloe :)
  • taokaka - October 24, 2012 4:13 p.m.

The Nepalese hotel rooftop is my favourite location too, I don't know how long I stood there just looking around because of just how gorgeous it was.
  • bebl09 - October 24, 2012 6:37 p.m.

And when you jump in and Drake does the whole 'Marco Polo' thing, I loved that.
  • Z-man427 - October 24, 2012 3:05 p.m.

Facility from Goldeneye: 007 will always be a favorite, if only for shooting the toilets on paintball mode.
  • smashpro1 - October 24, 2012 2:50 p.m.

Waluigi Pinball: Mario Kart DS/7.
  • J-Fid - October 24, 2012 5:38 p.m.

In my opinion, that is the greatest course in the history of Mario Kart, bar none.
  • Net_Bastard - October 24, 2012 6:37 p.m.

That has to be one of the best courses in the entire Mario Kart series. I almost want to buy a 3DS now that I've heard MK7 has a remake of it.
  • t_skwerl - October 24, 2012 2:50 p.m.

Final Fantasy 7 - There's a loooong road up north (on your way to you know who's demise) with a little house type thing on the right with a save room in it. The music here is absolutely terrific. Red Dead Redemption - You're likely to be interrupted any time you stop, but looking at all those buffalo on the plains. Just taking a moment to take it all in. Tall Trees, the buttes in Mexico. Great stuff. Mass Effect - Like the pic says. The Presidium, in the sun with the blue sky overhead and the clouds rolling by. Nice.
  • kazimierz3000 - October 24, 2012 2:44 p.m.

Dolphin Park-Wave Race 64
  • Evanesco - October 24, 2012 2:42 p.m.

My favorite place is New Austin in Read Dead.