• FinalGamer - May 13, 2009 8:33 p.m.

The mario painting by Mikael Aguirre reminds me of Braid. A LOT. Hell Braid was an homage to Mario it's like a counter-homage! That's just me though, it's damn beautiful. I'd want a Mario game in that style now.
  • SwampRock - May 13, 2009 6:16 p.m.

fan art version of faith is sad i don't play games for that reason
  • Tomsta666 - May 13, 2009 11:36 a.m.

I remember the Mirrors Edge fan art debacle. Manga-ised Faith looks way better than her official counterpart. That pixeloo Mario never fails to freak me the fuck out :S
  • VoodooPanda - May 13, 2009 10:57 a.m.

X-men origins was a good movie and if a GR civil war is the only way to prove it then so be it. I'm prepared to make that sacrifice as long as my side wins dammit.
  • FierceDeity - May 13, 2009 10:47 a.m.

edible art doesnt get much better than this http://kotaku.com/gaming/game-cake/the-incredible-majoras-mask-cake-232012.php mmm tasty and evil
  • SunshineHobo - May 13, 2009 6:23 a.m.

But I like 12 Years olds with Boob Jobs... Every fan is going to sex up the character, when is it too far, when Tifa's chest is larger than her face. Faith's makeup was cool, but not Clockwork Orange-y enough. Less real asian, more crazy psychotic Malcolm McDowell. Throw in a bit of that ultra-violence as well.
  • iKOemos - May 13, 2009 3:55 a.m.

Freeman rules!!!!
  • NipplesTheSuperHippo - May 13, 2009 3:09 a.m.

Epic article. Very nice work my man.
  • pikachu2000 - May 13, 2009 1:51 a.m.

The sad fact is that sex still sells. The guys who would like to see video game babes look like their real girlfriends are in a huge minority. And a loy of guys most definitely don't want to play as a chubby fat girl. To the devs, it is much easiler to make an anime girl with boobs than a real girl with fat, wrinkles, all the stuff assocaited with real women. It will take too much time, and after it is finished, a whole lot of people simpily aren't going to accepted it. Mainly because they view videogames as an escape from the real world and seeing a flat chested, pimple faced, chubby, wrinkled girl who wears worned out clothes just ain't going to cut it. You might have a few admireiers who would like to see a change in how women is protrayed in videogame, but it is way outnumbered by those who would love to see a hot peice of ass 10 to 1. And in this tough economic times that we are in, who do you think the devs are going to listen to just to get some quick bucks? On the fan art, everybody have their own personal image on what a certain character look like. The images of Faith above are one from the creator who want a realistic image of women and a fan who altered the official art at his own image. Those are just only 2 pictures. There are a lot more fanart that is even more so called "offensive" then that. Oh and one more thing: Get used to seeing jiggle physics a lot because they are going nowhere anytime soon. If you get distracted by them, then you are going to lose a lot. The trick is to ignore the bouncing breasts and focus on beating the other guy's/computer's ass.
  • JohnnyMaverik - May 13, 2009 1:45 a.m.

For the game I like the origional faith, for something to look at i like the fan one provided some1 puts that grogious exotic makup back on below the eye ^_^ not that the origional faith looks bad, shes actually very striking, but also 'real' looking, which is why i said i prefere that one in the game. Secondly, if ANYONE eats the Big Daddy/has already eaten it, I'm finding a wrench, and I'm coming to get u >.< But yea, reps to fan art and art in general, big fan of it, getting rly into 3d art now, some beautiful still out there, nd the great thing about computer art is u just have to save as xD, or at the very worst print screen... bugger buying a picasso for 500,000 bucks, its not even 3d =/
  • JohnnyFirebird - May 13, 2009 1:43 a.m.

Some of the works were more inately interesting than others; the Mario painting is aesthetically appealing, while the Half-Life 2 art is well drawn, professional, and made with an obvious respect for the series. The Faith-from-Mirror's-Edge stuff, I guess, is subjective. I find the original faith uglier and more appealing; the youthful, hyperbreasted one looks generic. Even then, the character isn't unique. Dead Fantasy, well, I can respect the art that does it, but these giant battles... I can't follow them. I lose interest after about the first minute. There's no sense of physics, space, or consequence to their actions! Cool, they hit the DOA girls with a major attack, but so what? They can just dust themselves off and continue... ...now, imagine a Bushido Blade video. Way cooler. Much bloodier. Only fifteen seconds long.
  • WiLdFiRe567 - May 13, 2009 12:56 a.m.

:) why no mention of this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL-mR79GErU Monty Oum again but i think this one is much better
  • yoreAtowel - May 13, 2009 12:56 a.m.

is the guy who did the dead fantasy's the same guy who did the halo one with a girl chief and samus?
  • Red - May 13, 2009 12:38 a.m.

I liked the fan's version of Faith's face better because the makeup looks stupid to me. Boobs are great and all, but I can't see myself playing another game with jiggling boob physics. Could you imagine those things flopping up in her face in first person while she was running? On second thought...
  • The_Zanger - May 12, 2009 11:35 p.m.

fanart is the best. I was trying to convince my art teacher that we should make some.
  • GIJoe01 - May 12, 2009 11:13 p.m.

Fan art Faith FACE + official art BODY = PERFECT
  • Corsair89 - May 12, 2009 10:56 p.m.

Dead Fantasy has probably the greatest fight scenes I've ever seen. They blow everything else completely out of the water. Now imagine them with the production values of Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete!
  • Unoriginal - May 12, 2009 10:52 p.m.

Thoose Dead Fantasy vids, wow...just wow. I'm still recovering from that. Just...wow. I hope Square hires that Monty Oum guy.
  • Hobojedi - May 12, 2009 10:45 p.m.

I don't know about everyone else, but I like the official and fan art versions of Gordon Freeman equally. Oh, and Recaptcha: Fontaine unborn
  • JohnTheFisherman - May 12, 2009 10:43 p.m.

man,those death fantasy battles were killer